Ameda dual breast pump

Jodav

Any mummies have experience with Ameda dual breast pump? I'm comparing this with Philips Avent dual breast pump. Which one is better?

mel

I am currently using the ameda dual pump. It is quite good. I tried the medela mini pump before and ameda is so much better. Faster and suction action better. However, I have not use the philips one before so cannot compare.

sjc

Thanks. I intend to buy the ameda...
i haved used medela mini electric and ameda dual pump.

two thumbs up for ameda, suction is much better for ameda. Also give you flexibility to single pump as well.

i do have a preloved set to let go... are you keen? warranty up to 2010May. still in gd condition.

email me at jojoccb@hotmail.com if you need more information.

thks

camom

I never used the Avent dual pump before. my Ameda is very heavily used. I find it quiet initially but it can get pretty loud abt 1 year into usage. Don't know if that is common though.

I use Avent Isis at home. I find that the suction is pretty gd and the petals really help. Not as painful as the Ameda.

iwan2noe

I never used the Avent dual pump before. my Ameda is very heavily used. I find it quiet initially but it can get pretty loud about 1 year into usage. dont't know if that is common though.

I use Avent Isis at home. I find that the suction is pretty good and the petals really help. Not as painful as the Ameda.

I think ameda is a good breast pump not bulky or chunky, small in size and quieter than many pumps;easier to bring out for travel etc. In short more portable...it was one of my choices when I am sourcing for a pump but ended up decided to buy hygeia. Have not use it yet so cant comment on it.. if really good will recommend it to mummies to be to get it.. =)

camom

I think ameda is a good breast pump not bulky or chunky, small in size and quieter than many pumps;easier to bring out for travel etc. In short more portable...it was one of my choices when I am sourcing for a pump but ended up decided to buy hygeia. Have not use it yet so cant comment on it.. if really good will recommend it to mummies to be to get it.. =)
Ameda works very well for me. However, I find that if batteries are used, the suction is not as powerful as if it was plugged into an electric socket. I brought it on a day trip to Msia before and pumped in the car while DH drove.

I still love my Ameda by the way. :)

Parry

I've tried Medela (in hospital), Avent and Ameda. Ameda tops the list. Avent is simply too heavy as the motor is attached to the top of the bottle. If you aren't careful when putting it down, the bottle can be toppled wasting your effort and milk.

Ameda is really good. Go for it girl!

Whichever brand you go for, may I suggest you get it from the Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group, as a support to the non-profit organisation. You can try out the different brands for free. That's what I did. The volunteer helped me and her golden advice was:

"Choose the pump that gives you the most comfort, not the amount of milk you can express. It'll always take longer for milk let-down on the 1st pump you tried so don't be misled by the milk volume."

Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group (Singapore) - Nursing Products Pricing

yann13

May i ask do u need to have milk to go for the testing? Cos i have nt giving birth yet so nt sure if we need to have milk in order to go for the testing? N aso isit ok to buy secobd hand breast pump to use?
I've tried Medela (in hospital), Avent and Ameda. Ameda tops the list. Avent is simply too heavy as the motor is attached to the top of the bottle. If you aren't careful when putting it down, the bottle can be toppled wasting your effort and milk.

Ameda is really good. Go for it girl!

Whichever brand you go for, may I suggest you get it from the Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group, as a support to the non-profit organisation. You can try out the different brands for free. That's what I did. The volunteer helped me and her golden advice was:

"Choose the pump that gives you the most comfort, not the amount of milk you can express. It'll always take longer for milk let-down on the 1st pump you tried so don't be misled by the milk volume."

Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group (Singapore) - Nursing Products Pricing