Amniocentesis test

Monamacy

Hi, I just had my Oscar results...high risk. I'm so worried. Was advised to do amnio test.
Can someone please share with me their experience of amnio and if the results are most likely to be the same as Oscar.
Still praying hard for miracle to happen.

cin82

To all mummies having to do amniocentesis test, be strong. I had to undergo the test too. It was not the test that was painful but more of the agony of awaiting for the results. Take Care.

pixie

Just to share with you this - not personal experience but she is my sis-in-law who is expecting her 2nd child now. She was advised to do this test because the result from the OSCAR was very unfavourable (the ratio was 1:27). When the clinic called her up, she burst into tears. She was hoping baby to be fine as she is carrying a boy (1st child is a girl).

She did the test and paid an extra $400 (total bill is over $1000+) to get the result in 2-3 days instead of the normal 1 week.

This time, the result was good. The baby is normal and she is going to due next month. I am 39 year-old and the initial OSCAR test ratio was 1:2429 which spared me from doing the Amniocentesis test. I am very happy for my bro and sis-in-law and looking forward to seeing my healthy nephew.

Go do the test for the ease of your mind. I know it’s easier said than done but be brave, it’s not as bad as you think – think positive and pray that God will take care of the rest!

lyra

I opt not to do the test because most ppl I know who went for amniocenthesis has results that the baby is normal even when OSCAR shows that baby might be abnormal. OSCAR result is high risk for me too, but to avoid the miscarriage risk for amnio, and because hubby and I are still young, not likely to be at risk for Down's syndrome, we chose not to do amnio.

Ros0818

Hi mommies

Juz got my oscar results today... My heart reali sank! D results is 1:155 & 1:108.....
Gynar advisef to go for amnio test in 2wks time. M worried abt d result. Read frm the forum here tat all mommies who wen thru the amnio test was a success! Results was good.. Will it be good for all???? M so worried.. Any mommies suffered miscarriage due to d test?