Announcing the arrival of my littlest one :)

jasobias

Just delivered my baby girl on 24 july at Raffles hospital.She was induced at 37 weeks.

The day b4 the induction i saw my gynae who checked my cervix n said i was 3 cm dilated already so induction wld be a breeze!

So the next day i went for admission for the induction abt 7am.After sorting out registration n all,my epidural was started n my drip for antibiotics.

My dr came in at 930 to break my water bag n to start the pitocin to start labour.B4 breaking of the bag i was already 4cm dilated.

My contractions started to regulate after 2 hrs n they had to stop the pitocin drip coz i was going into labour too fast n my dr was still in surgery.
By 2pm i was fully dilated.I never felt any pain at all coz i asked the anasthethist to give me a good dose..hell after a while i cldnt feel even my legs..they cld have amputated them for all i know..hhehheh..
so when it was time to push..my hubby n the nurse had to hold up each of my leg coz i cldnt as there was no sensation in it at all!!

I pushed for abt 15 min..n out she popped!!

Was so happy it was a total painless delivery until my dr told me tht i tore real bad coz i pushed real hard.Even with the episiotomy there was a bad tear...grrrr!!gd thing i didnt feel a thing then still while they were stitching n all.Now at home n feeling the pain good n solid..hahhahah..welli still wldnt have it any other way...first time ever my labour went so easy..usually i wld be pushing like mad for hrs n cursing n swearing at everything.

Baby weighs 2.92 kg n 49cm.A great weight at 37 weeks.We were expecting her to be smaller coz of my restricted diet of 1500 calories a day!
cant be happier tht i finally have my little girl!!!:webiggrin:

pigletif

Gong Xi Gong Xi . . . painless labour ... wow . . .
but must take good care of the tear . .
Enjoy ur confinement!

shiseru

Congratz!! Interesting progress. Woah, you must have went into labour too fast that there was not enough time letting the epidural wear off so you didn't know how hard you push huh? Ouch tearing! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

But labour time quite short, envious lehz :blaugh:

nadmunzuh

Congratulations on your newborn baby !! your delivery was really smooth.. really envy that. painless labour ...

Have a good rest and take care !!