Antenatal Classes

eve34

Hi,

Can anyone advise if it is necessary to attend antenatal classes? this is my first pregnancy and i think that it's impt to attend the class but the timing of the classes and my husband's working hours clashes. Is it enough / ok to learn the breathing technics on the internet? Has anyone not attend the class, learn the breathing technics online and manage to give birth smoothly? Please share

My hubby and I did not attend the antenatel classes in the end. Cannot find a suitable timing. Luckily, my hospital got free lessons on breastfeeding and breathing exercises during labour (one day crash course). The rest, we going to watch on Youtube :shyxxx:

eve34

Hi fishnchips,

Did u give birth naturally or c section? I wanna attend the class cos I wanna learn breathing technic during labour. From ur experience do U think it's enough if we learn the technic from YouTube if we intend to try natural birth?

Thanks in advance for sharing

Hi fishnchips,

Did you give birth naturally or c section? I wanna attend the class cos I wanna learn breathing technic during labour. From your experience do you think it's enough if we learn the technic from YouTube if we intend to try natural birth?

Thanks in advance for sharing
Actually, I haven given birth yet...lol
My EDD's 23 Mar 2012. But all the classes are full, hence we did not attend any. The free classes are still on-going. I spoke to alot of mummies and many did not attend the antenatal classes. But definitely, I am going to attend the free classes conducted at my hospital for the breathing exercises for natural birth.

Which hospital are you going?

eve34

i m going to KK. i was with raffles hospital but i did not really like their service and they are very expensive. i switched to KK and m very impressed with their services and most importantly they are affordable. which hospital are you going to?

i tot the breathing exercise is taught in the antenatal classes. not sure if KK has a separate class for breathing exercise. I gotta check that.

silsangria

I attended the antenatal class at Mount A, and found it to be very helpful in terms if giving expert advice, tips on a wide-range of topics, from nutrition during pregnancy, exercise/relaxation /labour stages / breathing techniques, breastfeeding (so useful!), bathing / caring for newborn. And there's even a supplementary lesson on 'marriage enrichment'.

I definitely learn more than just 'breathing techniques' and would highly recommend this class for first-time moms.

zaclin29

Anyone attended the antenatal class at NUH?
Im just wondering the cost $180 is per pax or per couple...

Gracecwz

Hey ladies, I decided to join the antenatal class from thomson cuz heard many good feedback about it, even though I'm delivering at mt a. I know I can YouTube or read all the info online. But hands on things like exercise, caring for baby and my fav (husband massaging me) must be there then will do and be corrected if wrong. I know it's alot of money. But I dun think its about acquiring knowledge, more of me n hubby journey to become parents.

zaclin29

Hey ladies, I decided to join the antenatal class from thomson cuz heard many good feedback about it, even though I'm delivering at mt a. I know I can YouTube or read all the info online. But hands on things like exercise, caring for baby and my fav (husband massaging me) must be there then will do and be corrected if wrong. I know it's alot of money. But I dun think its about acquiring knowledge, more of me n hubby journey to become parents.
hi, how much is the class per couple at TMC?

Gracecwz

hi, how much is the class per couple at TMC?
I paid for a weekend class, conducted by their famous mdm wong boh boi, at amk hub. All these extra convenience and preference costs more. With gst and no FBI (discount from Thomson) I paid $329...*ouch*

Gemini11

Hubby cant find the fix day to go for the classes w me too. Any idea if eastshore provide the crash course? Clinic didnt mention anything about the courses at all let alone wat hospital kit tt some mummies mentioned. Im lost. Giving birth in 2 months+

Gracecwz

Hubby cant find the fix day to go for the classes w me too. Any idea if eastshore provide the crash course? Clinic didnt mention anything about the courses at all let alone wat hospital kit tt some mummies mentioned. Im lost. Giving birth in 2 months+
Eastshore and glene and mt e have made videos of caring for baby, breast feed etc. u can watch it on their tv during your stay there. I think they also pass u a cd of it. U check with the staff? I went for hospital tour there and this is what I heard.