Antenatal Programme - Anyone going? It is important?

skt

Have signed up the antenatal program at Parkway East Hospital (East Shore). Consists of nutrition and pregnancy care goodie bag on top of the classes, cost me about $200+ inclusive of GST, two pax, me and my husband. It's going to be a class of 10 pax, pretty small, convenient enough to ask any questions.

It never occurred to me to take antenatal classes at the hospital. I took HypnoBirthing as it really prepared me for a drug free birth that I wanted and more. So, I given birth at NUH which supported me the way I wanted with a Birth Plan of course, a Hypno-Water Birth experience with my second. After the birth, I thought to myself, if not because of my age and other considerations, I could do this 10 times. Haha. It all depends on what you want, if you want a typical hospital birth, they cover types of pain relief. I learn different methods of natural pain relief. Classes are in small group, more interactive. Good luck ladies! Have a wonderful birth experience.

hello XiangXiangMama!

hehe first of all thank you for liking my posts! with regards to antenatal classes, I really want to recommend all mummies here on mummysg.com to go for NUH's Antenatal and Parentcraft Programme! You really can learn a lot through the 8 sessions where they bring you on a tour of their maternity ward, the labour experience, teach you breastfeeding, postnatal care and even the how-tos and benefits and massaging your baby! The course fees are also very reasonable: S$ 192.60 for NUH patients and S$ 224.70 for non-NUH patients.

skt

hello XiangXiangMama!

hehe first of all thank you for liking my posts! with regards to antenatal classes, I really want to recommend all mummies here on mummysg.com to go for NUH's Antenatal and Parentcraft Programme! You really can learn a lot through the 8 sessions where they bring you on a tour of their maternity ward, the labour experience, teach you breastfeeding, postnatal care and even the how-tos and benefits and massaging your baby! The course fees are also very reasonable: S$ 192.60 for NUH patients and S$ 224.70 for non-NUH patients.
Pretty similar to the course at Parkway East Hospital.