Anti M.I.L. CLUBB - we all know wads tat :p (Includes anything that ends with I.L.)

Rate your MIL (FIL/SIL/BIL all included - same group)

• FANTASTIC - couldn't be better, God send angel~~

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ting

Re: MIL and me

That's very nice of you.. but many things could change in the future. Last time i also told my dear husband that i'm ok with letting his mum stay with us (his mum and dad are always quarrelling and talking about divorce - but nothing has happened yet). Now i find her coming over to my place twice a week more than enuff! Things just changed after i had my baby. My mother in law likes to interfere in more and more things until i really can't take it sometimes. Nevertheless, i wish you all the best! :) Hope that you'll have a great mother in law!
thanks snowbear!

hmmm, from what i see now, his mum seems pretty easy to get along. n is those sui bian sui bian those kind.
n now she is working 2 jobs so always work til 11 then get home. but by the time we get married i dunno if she still will. hehe.
but his parents r nt tgt anymore, n they no longer in contact with his dad. his sis not living with them, cant be ask her to live by herself.
but i hope things wont change after we r married too!

YuFFie

=x Scary stories. I am still staying with my PILs but my house will come in 2 or 3 years time. Even before i got my house, she started saying things like wanna rent out her current house to earn rent and move in with us! I'm like !!!!! When will her son learn to grow up? I still think my DH is a mummy's boy lo! The situation got better but still he's still under that category. Even before baby is born, already tell me all the housewife myths about baby liao like use certain herbs to bath the baby to remove jaundice. I'm like how is it possible when we are talking about serum bilribuldin here? Sigh.. i'm quite worried about what will happen when the baby is born. I'm glad that my mother will be doing confinement for me and taking care of my baby. My plan was to put my baby is childcare after my house is ready though. I seriously hope my MIL recognised the fact that she's over her parenting years too!

snowbear

I seriously hope my mother in law recognised the fact that she's over her parenting years too!
I dun think mothers-in-law will ever recognise this fact, especially Asians! Their son is still their precious little boy and we the wives will never be able to take care of their precious as well as they do in their eyes...

snowbear

thanks snowbear!

hmmm, from what i see now, his mum seems pretty easy to get along. and is those sui bian sui bian those kind.
and now she is working 2 jobs so always work til 11 then get home. but by the time we get married i dont know if she still will. hehe.
but his parents are not together anymore, and they no longer in contact with his dad. his sis not living with them, cant be ask her to live by herself.
but i hope things wont change after we are married too!
Last time my mil before i married dh was also very nice to me worr... then at some pt i guess she just had to go back to being herself...

YuFFie

I dont think mothers-in-law will ever recognise this fact, especially Asians! Their son is still their precious little boy and we the wives will never be able to take care of their precious as well as they do in their eyes...
Snowbear, you are very very right! I was getting this way before marriage already! One day she exploded with her insinuation, so did I. I told her right on her face that i want a husband not a never-grown-up man. MILs alway think that their precious sons have to be taken care like how they used to. I'm like 'Hey it's marriage! Not babysitting. We are supposed to take care of each other in the next ten over years.'

snowbear

Snowbear, you are very very right! I was getting this way before marriage already! One day she exploded with her insinuation, so did I. I told her right on her face that i want a husband not a never-grown-up man. MILs alway think that their precious sons have to be taken care like how they used to. I'm like 'Hey it's marriage! Not babysitting. We are supposed to take care of each other in the next ten over years.'
:tlaugh::tlaugh: Oh well, just have to live with it... can't change what they think.. Anyway, my mum's also like that... :001_302::001_302: still treats my brother as if he's a small boy... 30+ yrs old already still treat him like he can't take care of himself...

Stan

My mil was shocked that her son has no hot noodles or porridge but only bread to eat for breakfast?? wah lau.. where got time to cook in the morning??!!
Then when hubby complains he has to iron his work shirts... mil asked me to bring her the shirts on wkends so that she can iron for him!! Please lor... i told mil... he can iron himself or get part help!!

Ting

Last time my mother in law before i married dear husband was also very nice to me worr... then at some pt i guess she just had to go back to being herself...

haha, really???
omg, dun scare me leh.
haha. right now, he's mum n me r one the same line, always ask me to scold him n wake him up. cos he's studying in aussie now.
i hope all goes well!
but the thing is, she dunno i got pin yet.......
hais.......

snowbear

haha, really???
omg, dont scare me .
haha. right now, he's mum and me are one the same line, always ask me to scold him and wake him up. cos he's studying in aussie now.
i hope all goes well!
but the thing is, she dont know i got pin yet.......
hais.......
Hmmm... when does your bf intend to tell his mum that you've got pin? I think it's quite impt to let her know soon otherwise she may think you all are trying to keep it from her and things may turn out ugly...

Ting

snow bear, not so soon really.
cos we only tgt 2 mths.
though we do hv plans to marry in the future, but things r uncertain now, still a long way to go.
i was thinking, maybe after we r more stable, like a year later then tell.....

YuFFie

My mother in law was shocked that her son has no hot noodles or porridge but only bread to eat for breakfast?? wah lau.. where got time to cook in the morning??!!
Then when hubby complains he has to iron his work shirts... mother in law asked me to bring her the shirts on wkends so that she can iron for him!! Please ... i told mother in law... he can iron himself or get part help!!
Gosh i may get that if my DH dare to complain! Goodness me!

snowbear

snow bear, not so soon really.
cos we only together 2 mths.
though we do have plans to marry in the future, but things are uncertain now, still a long way to go.
i was thinking, maybe after we are more stable, like a year later then tell.....
icic... yup, still a long way to go.. :D

Funz

My MIL best. When DH and I were just newly wed, she will tell me must boil herbal soup for him, then tell me what to buy and how to boil, etc. Say DH work very stressful for him he very tired after work must drink all these soup to replenish his energy, blah blah blah. Funny thing was my FIL spoil her show of being concern mum by saying he not married that time you oso dun boil all these soup for him to drink and you work only part time. Now he married, you ask you DIL who is also working full time to do all these for him. Where she going to find the time. Why dun you boil the soup for both of them when they come of for dinner. I wanted to laugh but cannot lah. So just walked off but at that moment, I like my FIL a lot.

snowbear

My mother in law best. When dear husband and I were just newly wed, she will tell me must boil herbal soup for him, then tell me what to buy and how to boil, etc. Say dear husband work very stressful for him he very tired after work must drink all these soup to replenish his energy, blah blah blah. Funny thing was my father in law spoil her show of being concern mum by saying he not married that time you also dont boil all these soup for him to drink and you work only part time. Now he married, you ask you daughter in law who is also working full time to do all these for him. Where she going to find the time. Why dont you boil the soup for both of them when they come of for dinner. I wanted to laugh but cannot . So just walked off but at that moment, I like my father in law a lot.
That's funny... Btw, care to share your recipe for the herbal soups for hubby?

uddermummy

My mother in law best. When dear husband and I were just newly wed, she will tell me must boil herbal soup for him, then tell me what to buy and how to boil, etc. Say dear husband work very stressful for him he very tired after work must drink all these soup to replenish his energy, blah blah blah. Funny thing was my father in law spoil her show of being concern mum by saying he not married that time you also dont boil all these soup for him to drink and you work only part time. Now he married, you ask you daughter in law who is also working full time to do all these for him. Where she going to find the time. Why dont you boil the soup for both of them when they come of for dinner. I wanted to laugh but cannot . So just walked off but at that moment, I like my father in law a lot.
i like your fil! My fil also quite nice.

when my mil was telling me not to turn on the air con, the lights etc, my fil shot back at her, "You yourself can't sleep without the aircon at night!!!"

Yeah loh, wanted to laugh too but couldn't.

uddermummy

that's a good one!!! :tlaugh:

my hubby is another mummy's boy: his mum still buys his underwear!!!!

Hello! I've been buying my own since sec or jc!!!

My hubby is so 'well taken care of' by his parents that i sometimes feel like i'm a single mum with 3 kids : my dog, my baby and my hubby! Everything also i plan... sianzzz.

but thank goodness, hubby is trying to change. then again not fast enuf lohh

Last edited:

Stan

that's a good one!!! :tlaugh:

my hubby is another mummy's boy: his mum still buys his underwear!!!!

Hello! I've been buying my own since sec or jc!!!

My hubby is so 'well taken care of' by his parents that i sometimes feel like i'm a single mum with 3 kids : my dog, my baby and my hubby! Everything also i plan... sianzzz.

but thank goodness, hubby is trying to change. then again not fast enuf lohh
zhen de ma!!! wah..... :we2shocked:
think underwear can only i buy or hubby buys himself! there was this once a female fren bot for him... i was so pissed!

uddermummy

zhen !!! wah..... :we2shocked:
think underwear can only i buy or hubby buys himself! there was this once a female friend bot for him... i was so pissed!
wah, must tell that female friend off! How can buy for other pple's hubby?