Any advice for Easing child cough

epicurean

son have cough easily, anyone of you mum know any way to ease their cough?
Hi redjn,
Does your son cough often coz of phlegm? My boy does coz he's on a lot of medication. His doc taught us to do chest taps (cup your hand and tap on the right and left sides of the lungs, front & back ... each area for 5 mins). That helps to loosen phlegm so after that my boy clears it by either swallowing it or coughing it out.

redjn

that's the major reason for his cough. my PD taught me the same thing to ease his coughing too. But still each time he cough my heart drop :(. he get running nose & cough very easily, partly b'cos he has sensative nose like his mother ME.... Recently bring him to see a TCM PD hoping to see improvement but this will take awhile before I can see the effect. u want try bring your kid there? i can give u the details.

epicurean

that's the major reason for his cough. my pediatrician taught me the same thing to ease his coughing too. But still each time he cough my heart drop :(. he get running nose & cough very easily, partly b'cos he has sensative nose like his mother ME.... Recently bring him to see a traditional chinese medicine pediatrician hoping to see improvement but this will take awhile before I can see the effect. you want try bring your kid there? i can give you the details.
redjn,
If he has a sensitive nose, you might want to consider getting him tested for allergies that trigger his running nose & cough.

Thanks for your advice about TCM :) My boy is special needs and is on a lot of medication (12-hourly dose to ensure a certain level is maintained in his bloodstream). Not keen on TCM coz cannot mix with TCM med. So far chest taps help him to clear his own phlegm plus we see an osteopath who helps to drain any blockage coz of phlegm.

Hope TCM works for your son!

orx1016

Hi redjn,
Does your son cough often coz of phlegm? My boy does coz he's on a lot of medication. His doc taught us to do chest taps (cup your hand and tap on the right and left sides of the lungs, front & back ... each area for 5 mins). That helps to loosen phlegm so after that my boy clears it by either swallowing it or coughing it out.
Hi, does anyone know if this applies for babies around 2months also?
my baby is coughing and also has phlegm

redjn

agree to check with yr PD. it general it should be able to just has to watch yr strength when tapping on bb.

redjn

redjn,
If he has a sensitive nose, you might want to consider getting him tested for allergies that trigger his running nose & cough.

Thanks for your advice about traditional chinese medicine :) My boy is special needs and is on a lot of medication (12-hourly dose to ensure a certain level is maintained in his bloodstream). Not keen on traditional chinese medicine coz cannot mix with traditional chinese medicine med. So far chest taps help him to clear his own phlegm plus we see an osteopath who helps to drain any blockage coz of phlegm.

Hope traditional chinese medicine works for your son!
so far there is slight improvement with my boy condition, I will continue to c the TCM but of cos if he is having bad flu / running nose I will still send him to GP to just ensure is not the H1n1 virus.