Any advice for jaundiced breastfeed baby?

Nathaniel Mummy

Hi mummies,
I need advice on my 5 weeks old baby. I am exclusively bf and recently was referred by the doctor to KK because her bilirubin levels are still high. Ive read that breasfed babies usually will take awhile to recover fr jaundice. My baby have been gaining weight, wetting her diapers well, pooping well and no signs of irritability. Anybody experienced this before and care to share when did your baby recover fr jaundice? Thanks a lot...

diza

My son had breastmilk jaundice and it goes on for almost 2 months. He was fully BF even when we was warded for jaundice. His level was above 300 in the first week but it slowly went down to below 200 but I had to make weekly trips to poly to take his blood test.. I was adamant and only wanted my son to drink BM. He was only given FM by the nurses when my BM supply finishes or when I was not around to nurse him.

Since it has been 5 weeks and her bilirubin level is still high, maybe you may want to give FM and partial breastfeeding. And like what Littlekk mentioned, if you give ur darling fm, u still need to express BM.