Any breast physical changes for you after breastfeeding?

Ok, this question has to do with physical appearance/feel of breasts rather than with bfg.

Am curious. After breastfeeding your child/children esp for prolonged period say up to 2-3 years, do you notice if there are any physical changes to them (breasts) once you stop breastfeeding?

I expressed for 6 months to feed my DS1. When I stopped, my breasts seemed to have become smaller since, ending up not being wearing my usual bra size.

My SIL said her DH commented her nipples were now so long and flat compared to before she breastfed.

Were there any changes that you have encountered? Such as breasts becoming smaller, larger, saggy etc?

I know the benefits of breastfeeding and giving breast milk, but wonder about this constantly. I am sure I am not the only who is so vain right?

lyra

I read that the changes is due to pregnancy n childbirth, not due to breastfeeding. Perhaps other mummies who give birth but not breastfeed also has smaller or saggy breasts?

ast0212

Like what lyra said, pregnancy causes saggy boobies, not breastfeeding.

I stopped breastfeeding whilst pregnant with my daughter and noticed they were a bit smaller, maybe back to my pre-pregnancy size. 4 months later they were big again.

I guess a bra with proper support would be good? No underwire if breastfeeding though.

kinkybaby

Yup, it's pregnancy that changes the breasts, not breastfeeding... Even if after delivery the mummy never breastfeed, the same changes occur.

Alisa

my husband commented that my nipple is not as long as pre-preg and of course my breasts are saggy. Have stopped bf 4 mths ago, was B cup pre-preg but drop to A cup. I do feel a bit fleshy but still in A cup.

MummyJun

I've stopped breastsfeeding but my breast is still a cup bigger, same as when I was having milk. Is this normal? Could there be leftover milk hardened in my duct ? I had faced engorgement before. Very terrible experience.

Alisa

could be le. did you fully empty yr breast? My TCM said have too if not later stage will have problem. don know what problem tho cuz i never ask.

MummyJun

could be . did you fully empty yr breast? My traditional chinese medicine said have too if not later stage will have problem. dont know what problem tho cuz i never ask.
Hi Alisa, how to? I have tried squeezing but no milk came out. Use hot towel compress also no use. But I do feel my breast is not the same, still very heavy feeling; my right side especially. What traditional chinese medicine can help?

Last edited:

Alisa

i also don know le... do you wan to go back to yr gynae and check still got milk inside? i actually went to my TCM to pu my body and the TCM ask did i fully emptied my breast or not.

Shiawase

Ok, this question has to do with physical appearance/feel of breasts rather than with bfg.

Am curious. After breastfeeding your child/children esp for prolonged period say up to 2-3 years, do you notice if there are any physical changes to them (breasts) once you stop breastfeeding?

I expressed for 6 months to feed my DS1. When I stopped, my breasts seemed to have become smaller since, ending up not being wearing my usual bra size.

My sister In law said her dear husband commented her nipples were now so long and flat compared to before she breastfed.

Were there any changes that you have encountered? Such as breasts becoming smaller, larger, saggy etc?

I know the benefits of breastfeeding and giving breast milk, but wonder about this constantly. I am sure I am not the only who is so vain right?
I just stopped bf recently due to a chronic illness.. was hospitalised that time and doc advised me to stop bf and prescribed me some med to stop.. my breasts shrank drastically due to the med and also my drastic weight loss.. :embarrassed: i dun even know what size i should get now? very upset about it but there is nothing I can do right? Maybe hope that I can put on weight again.. sigh..

I am so sorry. That's what I am scared too. I know BFg is good for bb but it is indeed a big sacrifice. That's why my SIL decided she won't bf her 2nd bub. But I still want to bf.

Alisa

express till empty. thats is what i did. I go cold turkey when i wan to stop bf. i have been latching night feed and express once in the day. i stop latching and expressing and only expressed 2 days later. so painful but works! after that i expressed again after another 3 to 4 days and the amount already reduce and after that i never express le cuz i feel my breast is empty.