Any comments on which diaper brand to use?

kscsim

Hi all,
My girl had been using Huggies Ultra since newborn. She does not seem to have any problem like rashes or discomfort so far from using it.

However, my mother in law had always been complaining that Huggies are not able to lock away wetness to keep baby dry. Although my husband and i do not quite agree with her, but in order to stop her nagging and since mother in law helping to baby sit during the day, we changed diapers to Pampers brand recently.

Now, she is complaining that Pampers are even worst due to its ultra slim - not thick enough to absorb urine..

As i am first time mummy and still learning actively, does anyone have comment on which diaper brand to use or rather how to choose the correct one? Is it important that diapers to be thick? How do we choose the size of diapers as different brand sizes are different.. My baby is around 6kg now.. which size to choose?

For Huggies size M, its for weight from 3-7kg and Pampers size S, its for weight from 3-8kg, size M: weight from 6-11kg.

dunkatelic

recommendations.

Hi there, I gave birth to a babygirl on 12march prematurely. I have tried many brands. Drypers, mummy poko, goo.n, huggies. My baby doesn't have sensitive bum but I realised huggies caused a little groin excoriation and is very ex and low capacity.

So tried drypers the cheapest, no problems with it just that absorption is poor and low capacity.

Then bought mummy poko, no problems with it just a little pricey. Great absorption, great capacity. I ever tried not to change her diapers the whole night, her bum looks as good and diapers was so heavy but no leaks.

Goo.n was like mummy poko but 2nd to everything. Cheaper though. Not bad.

I personally find mummy poko good just ex on d long run. So I would use goo.n day time and mummy poko night.

BTW I'm selling goo.n 2packs of 58. One pack opened and used once but my baby now using s. Selling unopened one for 16 and open one for 15. Both $30 giving mummy poko, drypers and huggies loose pieces! Can WA me. Negotiable. 91591090

Hope this helps! Anyone knows where got cheap mummy poko?

Asphere

huggies so far is better. huggies ultra.
goo.n and merries are v soft but ex.
pampers very jia latt keep leaking. dun like. dryper abit hard.
personally i prefer huggies ultra :)

kscsim

huggies so far is better. huggies ultra.
goo.n and merries are v soft but ex.
pampers very jia latt keep leaking. dun like. dryper abit hard.
personally i prefer huggies ultra :)
Hi Asphere
Thanks for sharing.. really? i thought pampers been around in market for so long should b good at their diapers.
Isit really like wat my MIL say its too thin to absorb?

Is merries n goo.n same with huggies or pampers thickness?

kscsim

Re: recommendations.

Hi there, I gave birth to a babygirl on 12march prematurely. I have tried many brands. Drypers, mummy poko, goo.n, huggies. My baby doesn't have sensitive bum but I realised huggies caused a little groin excoriation and is very ex and low capacity.

So tried drypers the cheapest, no problems with it just that absorption is poor and low capacity.

Then bought mummy poko, no problems with it just a little pricey. Great absorption, great capacity. I ever tried not to change her diapers the whole night, her bum looks as good and diapers was so heavy but no leaks.

I personally find mummy poko good just ex on d long run. So I would use goo.n day time and mummy poko night.

BTW I'm selling goo.n 2packs of 58. One pack opened and used once but my baby now using s. Selling unopened one for 16 and open one for 15. Both $30 giving mummy poko, drypers and huggies loose pieces! Can WA me. Negotiable. 91591090

Hi Dunkatelic
Thanks for sharing. how is mommy pokko thickness compared with huggies?

my girl is 3month old now n weigh around 6kg. i dun tink she can take small size soon. thanks for the offer. :)

KiBin

Re: recommendations.

for cheap mummy poko, wait for CK sales... can be very cheap but not sure of the country of origin of diapers...

mrsred

NTUC has promotion for Mamy Poko from time to time. $20.95 for the jumbo pack, very worth it, cheaper than medical halls.

Recently Watsons also have promotion if u pay by Nets Flashpay. 2 normal sized packs for $32, not sure if promo still on.

For comparison, size XL.. 60 pieces in jumbo pack vs 50 pieces in normal pack.

Have been using Mamy Poko since baby was 2mths old until now, almost 2 yo.

Asphere

goo.n and merries very soft and thin.. some parents dun like as the diapers keep having "wet" touch when they carry babies. huggies abit thicker than goo.n n merries.

VivLee

My baby who is exclusively breastfed (his stool is more watery than formula fed babies) uses Huggies ultra at night and cloth diapers during day time when he was a newborn. On his second month I went on letting him use Huggies day & night. Occasionally he will have nappy rash and I will have to change his diapers every 2-3 hours, no longer, even at night time to prevent rashes. Then I did research and found Kao Merries to be the best. It's thin, soft and breathes really well. All these contribute to a happy bum, no rash, and night time I can go 6-7 hours without a change so my baby can sleep well. Best of all, it absorbs poop well. Huggies is poor at absorbing poop which causes leakage! Imagine the mess, time and all the wastage! I would rather spend a bit more on good diaper. I think u can call them to ask for samples. Check out their website. :)

venussnow

My 5 month old daughter is using merries too. She has tried several brands like mamy poko, huggies,drypers,petpet and pampers but merries fit her the best. It's soft and has gd absorbent properties so it doesn't cause leakage even though my daughter is a active lil one. It may be pricey but I feel it is a worthy investment as long as my daughter feels comfortable

Alisa

all the rest doesnt suit my son as he drinks a lot. We let him use petpet in school then onec at home we use nepia. so far this is the best fit for my son.

Kiwicake

i have tried many diapers brands and overall i find pampers the best. It is thin yet highly absorbable. The cutting is also bigger.

My review on the following brands:

Huggies - expensive, small cutting and not as soft
Merries - Cutting is good, the softest, good absorption and have wetness indicator but too expensive to use for long term
Drypers - affordable, cutting ok but absorption not that good. It can become quite heavy.
Mamypoko - small cutting but absorption is good and comes in cute winnie pooh design

VivLee

Be careful of pampers. My son used it once, yes just once, and he had bad rash. I was like "isn't it the best brand?". Until a friend of mine who owns a minimarts told me that Pampers was once recalled back and ordered off shelf due to certain harmful chemicals found. It was a big news in U.S.

YukikoChoong

My gal use Mamy Poko brand since birth till now 2 years old. So far just right for her n no leakage of urine. If I'm not wrong, I still have some more size S as now my gal uses Size M as she no longer needs Size S.

littlebon

I used huggies before and find it good. No rash. After I changed to pamper and I like it more coz its slimmer and lighter. Also no rash. Now stick to pamper and love it.

My 9.5 week old boy weighs 6.2kg. Now i'm using drypers s for day, mamypoko m for night. Clearing stocks then intend to change to m.

I used to use huggies ultra for quite some time, but cutting is super small. Always left mark on my bb's thighs. Then a friend gave us drypers so we use, not bad i guess. Can tahan amost overnight, but we changed in the morning after ard 6 hours.

i tried huggies n find the cutting small too, leave marks on my baby's legs..but the price is quite cheap as compared to mummy poko n pampers..for those who tried mummy poko n pampers, which one is better? but mummy poko is more ex rite?

is it safe to buy diapers from Qoo10? as in the authencity of the diapers..