Any FTWM with 3 kids?

fansy6

Hello mummies,

Glad to "meet" you all here!

I am also a FTWM, with 2 young children age 3 and 1. Recently, hubby and I are considering if we should have a no.3. This is a super tough decision.

For the past few years, it has been quite exhausting... finally my baby boy turns 1 year old and things are getting better. After the birth of my boy, I had a shock of how things can be so different and difficult from 1 to 2! During my maternity leave, I was constantly in a war zone, trying to breastfeed & care of the infant and take care of every needs of my toddler.

I have always wanted to have 3, but this experience scares me out of the idea... But now, when things are getting better, I started to think about it again. My hubby loves kids and he thinks 3 is just right. But he respects me and thinks I should ultimately make the decision, because I am the one who has to go through the whole pregnancy and breastfeeding period!

My main concern is: will no.3 drive me to my limits? will I have enough time and energy to care for all three of them + I have to work full time? will it be much more difficult to raise 3 instead of 2 in Sg? for a shorter period of worries, I don't know if I have the energy and determination to go through the pregnancy while having to care for two (I had bad morning sickness up to 20 weeks for both pregnancies!) and I don't know if I can go for another round of breastfeeding, which I think is the most satisfying and rewarding thing to do for my baby, but super super tiring (with night feeds and regular pumping after returning to work!)

I must admit that I am a very fortunate one, with my very understanding and considerate MIL helping me. But she also has her hands full with all her grandchildren.

I want to make the decision soon, because I am already in my mid-30s and I do not wish to go through the whole baby thing again after my two have grown up. I think that will probably be too difficult.

So, mummies, I need your advice!! Share with me your precious experience, please! It's priceless to listen to your life experience!!

Thanks in advance!

mmy_lizz

Its straight forward, if ure blessed wt no 3. Take as it comes. No doubt it will make u go crazy.. Drive u to the wall.. ;p but somehow, U WILL MAKE IT!!

My kiddos now are 5,4 and 1.. N no maid! I work, hub work, n I teach Zumba aft office hrs.. U do yr maths!!

Wat I will advise is if u hav someone to take care of the baby till he/she gets to ach at 18mths, go for it! But make sure u do yr maths on yr finances. Cos puttin 3 kids in childcare will require u to gt bonus every mth!! ;p

All e best mummy!!

fansy6

Dear mmy_lizz,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words!!

I really admire you, working mum with 3 kids + after office hours teaching + no maid! Where do you find all the energy?!! Kuddos!!

Yep, I agree with you that should take things as it comes! Let's see how it all goes... :)

Thanks!!

mmy_lizz

Dear mmy_lizz,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words!!

I really admire you, working mum with 3 kids + after office hours teaching + no maid! Where do you find all the energy?!! Kuddos!!

Yep, I agree with you that should take things as it comes! Let's see how it all goes... :)

Thanks!!
Energy? require maintenance.. u know once u hit 30 u gotta really take care~ i have another 2 years to go.. so im partying my life wit all tis 'hassle' before i settle down and act 30 -_-

kathtan

I have 3 boys, 11 yrs old and a pair of twins at 3yrs. I had my 1st boy in early 30s and the twins in my late 30s. What a difference in terms of energy level. My 1st boy, I was so energetic. I did alot of stuff with him. With the twins, I hardly had time to sleep well.I was always shacked and no time for myself. Only recently when the twins become more independent(toilet trained etc) did I have more time, to go hair salon to pamper myself, to go a much need pedicure and shopping!!! Frankly you need a lot of support. I did not have any in law or parents to help out. So i depended on infant care and child care centre but they are all very costly. all these are worth it when you hear them laugh, call you mommy etc. So, really up to you to balance the time and priorities I guess