Any good dentist to recommend

utpai

Hi,

I would like to bring my gal for a dental check.
Anyone can recommend a good dentist in the west whom is experienced with special children.

Thx!

ping26

If your girl is in primary school, the School Dental Service has 1 or 2 dentists who are good with kids with special needs. My client tells me the dentist cleaned and scaled kid's teeth within minutes in a separate room. When making apt, just mention your child has special needs and ask for Dr Eu.

utpai

Thanks ping26!
During parents' meeting last yr, brought up this issue to the teachers. They said their ctr did not have such service and have to arrange with Margaret Drive ctr. But a year had passed without any news. :(
Hence, thought of finding a good dentist outside.

chrish

hey utpai,

happened to see your Q regarding dentist..

one of my friend recommended me this 'LeMint's' at East Coast Road. Reading thru the webpage, you'll read abt Dr Aileen Chia is good with children management as well as children's dentistry. I've not tried yet but im going there in Jan for a wisdom tooth extraction though :)

Hope this helps :)

ping26

I have 2 clients who had dental work done at National Dental Ctr National Dental Centre - www.ndc.com.sg . It was done under GA as one to have half of front teeth removed due to major decay & the other had some molars reworked & extracted . I'm not sure if they have dentists like Dr Eu. Perhaps u can check with them.

My other clients see different private dentists; I guess it boils down to the dentist's skills.

Chris Owyong

Hi, I just joined this forum and was surfing around.

Incidentally, I brought my 6yo niece to her first dental appointment yesterday. The dentist was recommended by a colleague who also goes there. The clinic is located at Raffles Hotel arcade ~ not quite a usual plc to have a clinic ;p hence i was a little apprehensive about the cost. However, after going there and seeing how the doctor coax/'child-talk' with my niece, i am so glad i went. Was prepared to practically hold her down on the chair but the doctor simply asked me to stand aside to watch whilst he does his 'show and tell'. Am impressed :)

in the end, my niece went home with stickers from the dentist and started telling everyone at home how many teeths she got and other trivals she learnt from the dentist. WOW :p