Any good food recipes for >4mths old?

Waibc2008

Hi folks,

my baby is only >4mths now. Have been trying to introduce solids, but only manage to find the Heinz brand puree. Have also tried to give my baby some mango, apple & pumpkin. Does anybody has any interesting recipes to share?

autumn82

Your baby is how many months exactly?
If your baby is less than 4mths old, I think you shldn't start semi solids coz their digestive system are not able to digest anything more than milk. PDs suggest 4-6mths to start on semi solids, like rice cereal/purees.

diymummy

Hi Waibc,

You can try to check out mummy snowbear's website Simply Mommie

Right now I also go to http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ for info

I also bought a book called "Feed your child right". If you go to another forum called singaporemotherhood, they are offering a promotion of 20% discount for the book. It's a book written for asian parents.

What to introduce and when really depends on how ready your child is. Some of the mummies here feed their babies from 4 mths. I only start solids near 6 mths. Some mummies start their babies on fish and chicken from 7mths or 8mths but I'm waiting till 10mths.

That's coz my dear son has a really sensitive stomach so I cannot introduce things too quickly. So after reading the info, do asses for yourself which is suitable for your baby.

PinkDiamonds

I tried starting my girl at 4 months because she was showing interest in eating. I bought the Heinz Organic Rice Cereal. It's a blue box & it reads for "Around 6 months". It is suitable for at least 4 months baby. However I stopped the rice cereal as I realized she still couldn't tell when she was full.

Only now have I started introducing it to her again.

I mix the rice cereal with my breastmilk. You should always start with a very thin consistency, then increase the thickness every 3 days. If you mix it with breast milk, you should expect the mixture to be very thin, almost watery and this is normal.

Satellite

we started by introducing the heinz rice cereal with 1 tsp mixed into his normal amount of milk ie 180ml milk. (we mixed it with his milk and feed by the bottle - ensure the teat hole is large - we use the medium size pigeon brand teat) Then we worked up the amount of rice cereal over time and now he takes 2 tablespoon/180ml milk.

We are only just trying to feed him in thickened /puree form. He didn't know how to swallow it initially but is slowly learning. Most of the time they dont't know how to swallow.

Last edited:

Ting

there is a heinz that is for 4 mths onwards. blue packaging.
i started pin on that too.
maybe u wanna wait til your son is 6 mths then start him on solids. :)

meiteoh

Just a note - bananas, apples, brown rice can cause constipation so try to intro other fruits and veg before moving onto these. :)

jasobias

For me my baby hates the fruits purees..dont even know why..they taste so nice somemore.She prefers savoury stuff i guess.Even fruit juices she wont drink only water.
I started with those cereals mixed with milk at abt 3.5 months.At 5 months intro porridge already.Porridge consistency is not as smooth as those bottled food kinds..there r still small grains in them n she will sit there n chew like an old granny with no teeth..hehheheh.
For desert she likes those gerber/heinz egg custard or vanilla custard.She drinks fr a cup.She wont even use a sippy cup.For snacks i wld let her munch on baby biscuits.Tht she eats like cookie monster.Still got food in her mouth but she still shoving it in.

yummumamanda

Hello Everyone..! My sweet kid is 3 months old. He is healthy but very choosy in having anything to eat. So I need your valuable suggestion also. Waiting for all your valuable response and helping posts.

Steadam2011

heres something easy: Lemon chicken with Brocc Rice pilaf

get some fresh chicken tenderloins, and put some flour on them, then put lemon juice and butter in a skillet-cook till done, and put on top of the brocc rice pilaf.
Lipton makes rice side packets that you just follow the directions on the back.