Any good gynae in AMK, Bishan, TPY area to recommend?

IluvPony

Hi,
I'm looking for a good gynae in Ang Mo Kio, Bishan and Toa Payoh area. I am currently 7 weeks into my first pregnancy.

Few weeks ago, I visited a lady gynae in AMK area (shall not name names but I guess u know who I am referring to..) to confirm by pregnancy. She was insensitive and not gentle. She gave me two shots without my consent which left me with a bruise for a week. She had some weird advise like to stay off milk, not to read any pregnancy guide books (she said to refer all qns to her only but she snaps at me when I wanted to ask more) and even claims she knows the sex of the baby (at 4.5 wks!). After about 10 mins of consultation, I was still left a lot of qns and $535 dent in my pocket (ouch!).

Please share if you have any good gynae to recommend in these areas (preferably those who deliver at Mt A. or TMC). I am so lost!

Qwer

We do not recommend Doc Jen from Women's Clinic of Singapore. Lots of bad reviews on him. Appointment is never on time and we waited 1 hour for our turn. Beware that each consultation is only for 5-10 minutes and you may be charged extra if you exceed the time limit. Doctor Jen doesn't share much details like what to do, not to do or what to expect in the coming weeks. He expect you to ask questions. How would first time parents to be to know what to ask? Extra charges if you exceed the time limit is not transparent nor stated anywhere and Nurses say it's up to the doctor. When we check this with the Doc Jen, he gave us a very shocking answer. Dr Jen said "if they are unhappy, they can choose to not come again." Never expect such in answer from a professional doctor!

Very Disappointed!

phoebetan

As I am staying in AMK, i suggest you go to the KK clinic at AMK interchange (just few units away from Dr Jen) - Prof Dr John. I think he's quite friendly.:001_302: It's very comfortable talking to him. The nurses there are friendly too. I dont encourage you to go to Dr Jen from Women's Clinic - so much expensive and Dr Theresa from ( dont't quite rmb the clinic name - Theresa something) - She anyhow give injections. I seriously had bad experience with her when I was in the first trimester.

apollo

there is a women clinic at AMK Hub, just outside the food court (3rd storey). I not sure if she is good but u can try =)

IluvPony

I did call up that clinic in AMK Hub, it is a Thomson Medical clinic and doc name is Michele Lee. The nurse wasn't friendly. She also told me that Dr Lee can see me for monthly checkups but when it comes to delivery some other doc will to attend to me coz she is too busy...!

i am with dr michele lee fm thomson women's clinic in amk hub....been with her since i was trying to conceive abt 2 yrs ago....

cseen

Dr Adelina Wong @ TMC.. she's good! i just deliver my baby on the 25th... deliver @11pm the next morning 730am she came in to check on me!
she's quite on the high side.. but i find it's worth the cost.. for her experience... her stitches ( i have very long stitches) are not painful at all.. and she really take good care of her patient.... i will definitely go back to her again for my num 2

marshmallows

How do you find her ? i am also trying to look for a gynae around this area.
I was with Dr Michele Lee. She's friendly but more to the quiet side I would say. You got to ask her questions yourself on the DOs and DONTs etc. Guess she's busy eversince she gave birth last Sept. I delivered last dec while she was still on maternity leave. Her dad is also a gynea and I was seeing him (he came to her clinic to cover her absence then) during my last trimester til I gave birth.

marshmallows

How do you find her ? i am also trying to look for a gynae around this area.
I was with Dr Michele Lee. She's friendly but more to the quiet side I would say. You got to ask her questions yourself on the DOs and DONTs etc. Guess she's busy eversince she gave birth last Sept. I delivered last dec while she was still on maternity leave. Her dad is also a gynea and I was seeing him (he came to her clinic to cover her absence then) during my last trimester til I gave birth.