Any group tuition for P5 Maths in the East?

Nali54

Hello....MIA for a while, overseas...haha. Wah! So cool to have a teacher on papers. My sis-in-law said this teacher Ann very professional in her services, she likes the way she runs the centre. I'm thinking of signing up their holiday class.

OntheTree

Hi i am a new member to this forum. Am looking for tutors in the east for my daughter and son. Saw this thread and the tuition centre name rings a bell. I think they were featured on 21st oct too? I think is teacher karen? Teaching financial planning? Is this centre really good? How many student per group. I dont wan my kids to be cramped up with 10 other kids in the group, have phobia with other centre before.would appreciate if anyone can reply me.

VanessT

Welcome OntheTree!
Yes, you are right, the centre was featured in The Sunday New Paper on 21st Oct. My girl is with the centre currently. Their group lesson is 6 students max. I don't like big group too, my girl used to attend those 10-15 students per group type of tuition. In the end, she only sat there and dont dare to ask and the teacher also don't bother.

bellaisa

Hey VanessaT. Thanks for your recommendation. They have started 2 lessons alrdy. Very happy to see them enjoying.

VanessT

You are welcome bellasia! Is your kids joining their speech and drama workshop this holiday? I heard it's Christmas theme. My kids are like dragging their friends to join. Their last S&D workshop they practically bring the centre down! Ai yo...laughed my head off when I see their act in the dvd.

bellaisa

You are welcome bellasia! Is your kids joining their speech and drama workshop this holiday? I heard it's Christmas theme. My kids are like dragging their friends to join. Their last S&D workshop they practically bring the centre down! Ai yo...laughed my head off when I see their act in the dvd.
Hi VannesT. Yes my elder kid is joining.

By the way, today when I dropped them at the centre, I heard that they are having a fortnightly essay writing composition island-wide and there are $2000 cash give away with terms and conditions applied. Sounds quite interesting. Heard from teacher Ann that they will be posting the details on their blog on the 10th of Dec Monday. Do you know about it?

VanessT

I heard something like that. The kids came back talking about writing compo n can win prizes. I will check their blog for more details. Not a bad idea woh! Train the kids in creative thinking n can win;) hee hee, definitely will join! Anyone also can join? The kids were asking me but I said must check with teacher Ann cause they are like posting on their FB. Lol!

bellaisa

I heard something like that. The kids came back talking about writing compo n can win prizes. I will check their blog for more details. Not a bad idea woh! Train the kids in creative thinking n can win;) hee hee, definitely will join! Anyone also can join? The kids were asking me but I said must check with teacher Ann cause they are like posting on their FB. Lol!
Yea. its quite interesting. and can get them motivated to write somemore. wahaha. if they win, I don need use money to buy games for them, they can use the prizes. but then again, are the prizes real cash or vouchers ah?

Tristar

Hi ladies, do they have a video about it? I saw a video promoting an essay competition on YouTube. Are we talking about the same thing?

slurpee

Hi Slurpee, thanks for pasting on the webpage. I did not see any registration fees. Do I need to pay anything to sign up?
No Linalovescandy. No registration fees needed. Just called them today with my colleagues. They wan their kids to join too and was asking abt this, so we called, and they says no need.

VanessT

So how is it ladies?? My kids have sent in theirs! Now they cant wait for the results to be out. hahaha! Hey Bellasia! Finally met u in person that day!

bellaisa

So how is it ladies?? My kids have sent in theirs! Now they cant wait for the results to be out. hahaha! Hey Bellasia! Finally met u in person that day!
Yes VanessT. We should meet up for coffee soon again. My elder kid sent in the essay this evening already too. Now feeling anxious and excited....

fruiti

My kids have also send in their entry. The competition really made them rack their brains. They were so serious about it and I could see them trying their best. It really warms my heart :)

KsqMathelogy

The June holidays are coming and Ksq. Mathelogy has planned a series of holiday workshops for parents and children to sign up for!
The parent workshop is designed to help parents understand what their child is learning in school. It also helps parents to learn some concepts and heuristics to be able to support their child in their work.
The children workshop focuses on fractions, which is a concept that most children find hard to comprehend due to its abstract nature. This workshop aims to put a meaning to every fraction a child sees and to help them to solve work problems related to fractions.

For more information, visit June Holiday events

Attachments