Any mummies delivered at KKH already?

Janellebb

My edd on 9 sept 2012. Very worried about the bill after birth, as me and my hubby doesnot have medisave, parents not a lot. And wonder what does kkh provide for bb and mummy?what should i need to prepare to hospital? Please share your experience! :>

karynn

Hmm. Mostly will be deduct by medisave (either yourself,hubby or ur own parents. )
And you have to pay the rest of amt when you admit in .. Are you in private suite ?
You can go to the admission there and ask for clearer info . :)

JoeyLim0402

They provide disposable panties and pads for you. Other stuffs try to bring your own want. :) You under subsidized or walk in patient?

Ahbuibui

will they provide cloth to wear during admission, or we will wear our own cloth? How many set of baby cloth need to bring?

JoeyLim0402

U mean at the delivery suite? They will change to the clothe they provide for u. Even when back to yr ward they still provide for u. I never bring for my baby cos they provide only bring a set of clothes for her to change when going home.

engravedx

Only need to bring clothes to change when going back home. Cos they will have hospital gown for u to wear. At delivery suite, they will ask u take off all ur clothes then just drape a "surgery gown" top over you. I believe it's just to cover ur breasts. Then they will cover your bottom with blanket. If can, you just wear dress when u are gg to deliver, then u dunid to bring go-home clothes cos u can wear back the same dress. Why dress? Cos it will be hard to wear pants and dress is alot more easier.

For bb, they will dress bb up and swaddle bb thru the entire stay. Till bb discharge, then u just bring a set of clothes for bb to change into, as well as blanket/towel/swaddle.. Dun forget the mittens becos scared bb scratch ownself. But if u swaddle properly, then the hands wont come out lah. For clothes, best is to just bring a bb top. Cos umbilical cord havent drop off yet, best for bb to just wear a top with diapers will do. Dont need wear pants.

They will provide u paper disposable panties as well as pad. And KKH also will give you a "goodie bag", inside ALOT of things like magazines, brochures, vouchers, samples of disposable diapers, samples of bodywash/shampoo etc for bb, samples of wetwipes, etcetc.

Anw if u can tahan to slp without aircon, just take C class. It's the cheapest. 6-bedder. And bb hospital rate as well as ur delivery suite rate will also depend on the type of class that u choose. I didnt know, stupidly chose b2+ class cos of aircon. Well, they asked me to choose when i was in labor ward. And i dont know the price diff, so i just chose what i want. Sigh!! The price diff is actually quite big! I havent gotten my hospital bill so cant advice much. But i believe it shld be arnd 2-3k? Can deduct by medisave and top up the rest with cash.

Anw, daily ward charges per day for b2+ is $166, B class is $82 and C class is $48. see the damn price diff?! :((( this rates are based on maximum subsidy.

Baby's admission will also be based on mother's ward class. I'm nt sure if bb is charged when mummy is also staying in hospital. But if bb needs to be admitted, will be charged. Idk how is it charged also cos all these were told to my hubby when he was doing my admission. Normal nursery per day is $58 for b2+, b2 and c class. Nursery level 1 (idk what is this) is $83 for all 3 classes. Nursery level 2 NSCU (i also dk what is this) is $211 for b2+, $154 for b2 class and $94 for c class. Level 3 NICU is $327 for b2+, $240 for b2 and $183 for c class.

Delivery suite charges:
Minimum charges will be for 4 hours. So even if u deliver in 1min, they will still charge that minimum rate. B2+ at $78.50, subsequent hour at $19.60. B2 at $68.50, subsequent hour at $17.10. C at $39.50, subsequent hour at $9.80.

Anw i dun understand how they calculate it. Cos the one who received the financial counseling is my hubby. I believe u can go to kkh during one of ur appts and check w them. Will be better so that u can prepare urself on hw much ur bills will eventually add up to. But anw, obviously c class is the cheapest. And no matter what, u still got to give birth. So if financial v tight, just go for c class lor..

One more thing... Visiting hours from 9am to 9pm. Dont even think abt trying to ask hubby to stay overnight with u. Cos it's a no-no unless u are in A1 class..