Any mummies ever miss ur dd / ds P1 orientation

elaine81

Hi Mummies ,

anyone missed your DS or DD P1 orientation before ? I missed my dd P1 orientation today . I didn't know the date , and thought it will be later in the holiday , i called the school , just now ard 11am + , the office personnel told me the orientation was already over in the morning , so upset , they claim that they did send me a letter to tell me abt the timing & date , but i didn't receive , i only get to know , when i check with my frenz , she say her dd is having orientation today ... :-( my dd will sure be veri sad if she get to know ... hw...
:bsad:

EnFlor

No point crying over spilt milk.

A few things that you can do to assure her like - find out from the school if you can bring her there to orientate the facilities and school's premise, are there any activities that she has to sign up for eg: enrichment courses, does she need to sit for any test prior to her P1, get the booklist and make arrangement to purchase her school uniform and books.

I mentioned these things above coz my son went through that for his P1 orientation several days ago.

EnFlor

wah, not even in school yet, the kids are given a PROJECT....OMG, in the first place, kids their age couldn't even comprehend what a PROJECT means huh!

There are pros and cons le this kind of thing. Plus - parent child bonding. Minus - overwhelming to the kid, in the end, parents are the ones who will complete 99% of the project.

I'll query the teachers with a lot of questions esp, the purpose and objectives of the project. I mean if the school term starts and the project starts to come in, that's ok lah!

wah, not even in school yet, the kids are given a PROJECT....OMG, in the first place, kids their age couldn't even comprehend what a PROJECT means huh!

There are pros and cons le this kind of thing. Plus - parent child bonding. Minus - overwhelming to the kid, in the end, parents are the ones who will complete 99% of the project.

I'll query the teachers with a lot of questions esp, the purpose and objectives of the project. I mean if the school term starts and the project starts to come in, that's ok lah!
true..... a lot of work was done by me.......but I tried to get him involved.......

eg. collecting shapes from magazine objects and taking photographs of shapes

getting him to paste them on the sketch book etc.....

The purpose is to see how well the child can manage.... but to me, i think is the school want to find out what kinda parents the child have......

His school is only a normal neighbourhood sch...