Any mummy ever try to let yr ard 3months baby cry abt 8mins

bb2010

Hi Mummy

Hv you let yr baby (3months) cry about 8mins...the reason i let him cry is bcos i want to train him sleep by himself instead of carry him then he will sleep more longer n deeply.this is good for him.

any comment for the above? is it any harm for baby if he cry 8mins? pls share with me .

thanks ya.

Edwinie

hello!

are you doing it because of some sleep technique book? i read this book and it says to let your baby settle by himself. if he keeps crying after a few minutes, go back into his room again, put your hand at his chest and tell him 'settle down, mummy is here, it's time for bedtime' in a firm reassuring voice. and then to leave the room again. the book says not to go in too often or too early so as to avoid your child to think that if he cry, you will come in. it this will last a few days though and mummies need to push through.

i want to do this for my son.. but mil says too much crying he will get wind... =( so i've got no chance.

bb2010

hello!

are you doing it because of some sleep technique book? i read this book and it says to let your baby settle by himself. if he keeps crying after a few minutes, go back into his room again, put your hand at his chest and tell him 'settle down, mummy is here, it's time for bedtime' in a firm reassuring voice. and then to leave the room again. the book says not to go in too often or too early so as to avoid your child to think that if he cry, you will come in. it this will last a few days though and mummies need to push through.

i want to do this for my son.. but mil says too much crying he will get wind... =( so i've got no chance.
yes, i am trying now.how old yr son now? i feel better dun start from new born .... really, if he can sleep by himself..baby can sleep more longer ... if not..everytime when he cry we carry him and walk here walk there n then put him down ..he cry again....keep wan us to carry him..untill he can sleep till very deep... so i try this menthod ..but can only let him cry within 10 mins ..if not i will feel pain oso..haa.. baby can sleep long time oso good for them.. but u need to pat or carry yr son before he going to sleep? if no need do that then no point use this menthod lor...

Edwinie

my son is 4 months now. i do not need to pat him.. just that sometimes he needs pacifier to sleep. so when it falls off, he will cry and we need to put it back.. but this happens only the first hour. after he gets into deep sleep, he either push it out himself or we take it out without him crying. i want to train him such that he don't need it.. that's y i'm considering using this technique.

i also read another book, if he cry and can't sleep, don't bring him out of his cot to get him to sleep. meaning that you can try to pat him, stroke him, anything to sooth him except carrying him out. this is so especially at night. but if it's afternoon nap, it is ok to carry him.

it says to carry him a lot when he is happy, playing rather than when he cries. it's like a reward system for being gd. so he doesn't attach getting a hug to crying. this one change my mindset a lot. so i start carrying him often in the afternoon when he gets tired of playing instead of waiting for him to cry.

haha! i read so many different sleep technique books. all have their own different methods. but i've yet to put any in place...

bb2010

my son is 4 months now. i do not need to pat him.. just that sometimes he needs pacifier to sleep. so when it falls off, he will cry and we need to put it back.. but this happens only the first hour. after he gets into deep sleep, he either push it out himself or we take it out without him crying. i want to train him such that he don't need it.. that's y i'm considering using this technique.

i also read another book, if he cry and can't sleep, don't bring him out of his cot to get him to sleep. meaning that you can try to pat him, stroke him, anything to sooth him except carrying him out. this is so especially at night. but if it's afternoon nap, it is ok to carry him.

it says to carry him a lot when he is happy, playing rather than when he cries. it's like a reward system for being gd. so he doesn't attach getting a hug to crying. this one change my mindset a lot. so i start carrying him often in the afternoon when he gets tired of playing instead of waiting for him to cry.

haha! i read so many different sleep technique books. all have their own different methods. but i've yet to put any in place...
Yes, now i oso dun carry my son when he cry..i will told him if u cry mummy won;t carry u..until he stop then i carry him but when i carry him up n cry again then i put him down .actually i only try this method once on last monday ( bcos i take care him whole day) not sure is it he can understand ..when i carry him again..he dare not cry out ,just make some small pity sound .hahah

Edwinie

i think most important is to be consistent for a few days straight. and to also let other people who take care of your child to send similar messages. this is the hardest part, i feel. when my son cry, it seems my mil more hard pain then me. lol! i told her we should schedule his feeding time. if he can't finish, wait for the next timing and distract him if he gets hungrier. then she said she has the time, she don't mind feeding every hour.. >.< because i need to go to school and my mil is the primary caregiver when i'm out.. so a bit hard to implement. if i do on 2 days weekends, on monday to friday, it will be back to square one already.. so i don't have motivation to start again.

bb2010

i think most important is to be consistent for a few days straight. and to also let other people who take care of your child to send similar messages. this is the hardest part, i feel. when my son cry, it seems my mil more hard pain then me. lol! i told her we should schedule his feeding time. if he can't finish, wait for the next timing and distract him if he gets hungrier. then she said she has the time, she don't mind feeding every hour.. >.< because i need to go to school and my mil is the primary caregiver when i'm out.. so a bit hard to implement. if i do on 2 days weekends, on monday to friday, it will be back to square one already.. so i don't have motivation to start again.
yes, i agreed , have to pass tis message to caregiver.i will pass my son to nanny on next monday but i dare not to tell her let my son cry wor..bcos for me..i won't let my son cry very long time..i scare if i tell nanny let him cry ..nanny dun care him n let him cry till non stop then jialat ..heartpain...so i am thinking only do myself on weekend..2 days.hee...

aahdorr

wow realli wish to use this method too.. but veri sad my in law oso not allow they jus cant bear bb cry hai so sad i wish i can do this method cuz i spoilt her n keep carry until my backache became veri pain always ..... they will alway sae so kelian later zhang fang but i the one carry her!