Any mummy experience this b4 during pregnancy??

mrs_eg

I fell sick... Went to the a GP with a low fever, running nose n cough... Now i am 38 degrees.....

So afraid for my baby now...

Scared all the medication n my illness will affect the baby.... Sobs... :(

hueychye79

I fell sick... Went to the a GP with a low fever, running nose n cough... Now i am 38 degrees.....

Don't worry, your baby will be fine.

I also encounter the same problem before when I am a preggie.

Just let the doctor know you are pregnant and drink plenty of water and most important you must sleep as much as you can... :001_302:

apollo

i used to fall ill AT LEAST once a mth during pregnancy. usually is cough flu sore throat. as long as u let ur GP noe u're preggy, he will prescribe u medi which are safe for preggy. dun wry. i used to take lotsa medi cos often fell ill during preg, no pro at all.

in order to prevent getting ill frequently, u better drink more water and rest more =)

blackpiggy

I too fell sick and had fever during my 1st trim, even now i'm still having cough on and off. Just tell the GP you are pregnant and he/she will prescribe you medication safe for pregnancy. Its best that you recover quickly and stay in gd-shape during your pregnancy, rather than drag the sickness due to scare of medications. take care!

apollo

I too fell sick and had fever during my 1st trim, even now i'm still having cough on and off. Just tell the GP you are pregnant and he/she will prescribe you medication safe for pregnancy. Its best that you recover quickly and stay in good-shape during your pregnancy, rather than drag the sickness due to scare of medications. take care!
true.. during preggy, i will se a GP immediately when i'm not well. reason is, when i just fall ill, the medi GP prescribe is mild one but if i keep dragging, will hav to take stronger medi, though they will prescribe safe for preggy ones but no point taking stronger one if i go to see doc early.. even now, when i fall ill will go see doc asap, dun wanna pass to ds :001_302:

kenxf_03

yes, I fall sick quite often during my both pregnanacy.

As long as u informed ur GP abt ur pregnancy and like wat other mummies mentioned, do drink more water and hv plenty of rest, u will get recover soon.

Get well soon! :001_302:

kenxf_03

true.. during preggy, i will se a GP immediately when i'm not well. reason is, when i just fall ill, the medi GP prescribe is mild one but if i keep dragging, will hav to take stronger medi, though they will prescribe safe for preggy ones but no point taking stronger one if i go to see doc early.. even now, when i fall ill will go see doc asap, dont wanna pass to dear son :001_302:

agreed!

Whenever I fall sick, DS also got affected.. :embarrassed:

So must really take good care of oursleves then can take good care of our kids.

bakaholic

Try to take 500mg vit c supplement a day. Increase dose if you feel like flu coming. Otherwise, take 2 servings of veg and fruits each. Also, sleep when tired and do not keep late nights and avoid stress.

lekdao

If u r worry, go back to your gynae when u r not feeling well. they will prescribe the medication that will not harm the baby, this is what i do.

ling.er

:err: I havin cough right nw & i had see a doc .. I did mention to doc say im pregg so i think should be ok to tk e med ... Get well soon ..

Dun worry Be happY ^^

angelwendy

Don't worry... that time i was about 37 weeks.. & having a high high fever plus bad running nose.. cough... & bad throat.. so doc given medicine... just take more water & rest more... don't worry... it will not affect baby...

mrs_eg

Been talking to baby... Ask baby be strong... Haha... Anyway, Ya... I guess all i can do is to rest well n get better soon...