any mummy give yao lan to ur baby?

any mummy give yao lan to ur baby? if yes when start to giv them yao lan?
my son was a very light sleeper and he wake up easily n get agitated if he not enough sleep. he was only 5 weeks and he can wake up 5 hrs dun wanna sleep. he can sleep when we carry him and when we put him to bed, he wake up even at night also.
i was thinking to giv him yao lan cos i afraid without proper sleep is bad for his development . i know yao lan will also affect his development but can any mummy giv me some idea on wat to do?

apollo

any mummy give yao lan to your baby? if yes when start to give them yao lan?
my son was a very light sleeper and he wake up easily n get agitated if he not enough sleep. he was only 5 weeks and he can wake up 5 hours dont wanna sleep. he can sleep when we carry him and when we put him to bed, he wake up even at night also.
i was thinking to give him yao lan cos i afraid without proper sleep is bad for his development . i know yao lan will also affect his development but can any mummy give me some idea on what to do?
i started giving ds yaolan when he was only 2week old i think. actu if can, better dun intro yaolan, cos u will have a v hard time to wean him off next time.

i only let ds nap in yaolan and not at night. but the weaning part took me more than 3 mths! have to slowly wean him off..

as for development, i suggest u dun shake to hard, just gently shake will do. cos by shaking the yaolan v hard, might not be good to his brain development. =)

joanneang

any mummy give yao lan to your baby? if yes when start to give them yao lan?
my son was a very light sleeper and he wake up easily n get agitated if he not enough sleep. he was only 5 weeks and he can wake up 5 hours dont wanna sleep. he can sleep when we carry him and when we put him to bed, he wake up even at night also.
i was thinking to give him yao lan cos i afraid without proper sleep is bad for his development . i know yao lan will also affect his development but can any mummy give me some idea on what to do?
i give my boy yao lan when he is ard 1mth plus,same like you when he is ard 3weeks plus, he dun wanna sleep in his cot ,when ever i put him in his cot ,pat him to sleep he will cry n wanna carry ,so i got no choice have to cary him rock him to slp everynite,then my neighbour ask me to buy a yao lan for him so that i wun be so tired n at then same time my boy can sleep longer,that's y i brought it... but now my son alreadi 3mth,i wanna wean him off this habit ,i knw yao lan is actually no good for bb brain devolpment.. better dun use yaolan...n the most horrible is you cant go out ,when i bring my son out for injection,on his way bk he cry so bad cos he wan his yao lan,how i rock him ,carry him he still dun wan.. when i rch hm,i quickly put him in his yao lan,very fast he stop crying n fall asleep liao.. so my advice to you is DUN BUY YAO LAN...

pkshl

my son slept in yao lan when he was 1mth+, reason was when he slept in his playpen he sweats alot & when he sweat he wakes up crying nonstop. after discussing with my hb, he went to buy yao lan, my son was able to slp beta cos its cooler, he can sleep for 4hrs in the yao lan daytime, at night can sleep beta oso.

We wean him off yao lan when he was abt 7-8mths old, my hb removed the yao lan, everything from our room, ever since den, he co-sleep with us until now.

now he is 14mths+, at home we dun let him sleep yao lan anymore. but at my mil house she let him sleep in yao lan cos she takes care of 2 older kids & shes worried they will step on my son when he is sleeping on the mattress on the floor.

As for bringing my son out, we let him sleep in his stroller or if we never bring stroller, we juz sit somewhere cooling & tapped him to sleep, so far so good. no problem for us.

Phyllis15

my son is 3 mth plus now and has been sleeping in yao lan since 3 weeks old. He's also waking up for hours so i have no choice but to try using yao lan but after he falls deep asleep, i will transfer him to the bed and let him sleep on his side with the pillow supporting the back so he feels more secured. Hope this helps!

looks like we all have the same problems here.. our baby r difficult to fall asleep or they wake up easily.

if i hav a choice i really do not wish to intro yao lan to my son. bt it seems very difficult.

during confinement my mum will help me to rock him to sleep and everytime my mum was able to make him sleep. now i have finished confinement and my mum has gone back home i hav difficutiy to rock him to him.. he dun seems like my arm. he will keep cry cry cry untill i put him to yao lan....sigh... i was sad that i hav to intro yao lan to him.. other than this any other solutions?

and also did u all giv yao lan at nite ? or only day time? if only day time how u make ur baby to sleep without yao lan at night?

Last edited:

Ting

yaolan is similar to swaddling. i think u can swaddle him instead of putting him into the yaolan. it creates 2 habits, 1stly, need to slp in yaolan (for the "secure" feeling) and 2ndly, need to be "shaked"/rocked b4 he can slp.
n this 2 is not very easy to wean off.
in the beginning u shld not rock your baby to slp... it creates a habit for them to be rocked to slp. thus if there isnt a rocking movement, he cant "doze" off.
what i did from day one was cuddle her in my arms near to my chest. n after she fallen a slp, i swaddle her (til 1mth plus) or just lay her down n wrap a nappy arnd her up to her chest.
arnd 2 mths plus, i just pat her to slp.

pkshl

looks like we all have the same problems here.. our baby r difficult to fall asleep or they wake up easily.

if i hav a choice i really do not wish to intro yao lan to my son. bt it seems very difficult.

during confinement my mum will help me to rock him to sleep and everytime my mum was able to make him sleep. now i have finished confinement and my mum has gone back home i hav difficutiy to rock him to him.. he dont seems like my arm. he will keep cry cry cry untill i put him to yao lan....sigh... i was sad that i hav to intro yao lan to him.. other than this any other solutions?

and also did you all give yao lan at nite ? or only day time? if only day time how you make your baby to sleep without yao lan at night?
hi, during my confinement, my CL rock my son to sleep, after she left, i also had difficulty rocking him to sleep since my CL looked after him 24/7 for a month.

at 1st, i was also skeptical when i had to intro yao lan to my son. but look on the bright side, when he sleeps better, he grows well & all of us sleeps better at night too.+ im sure most of us grew up sleeping in yao lan too.

I did put my son in yao lan at night. he can sleep longer periods, only wake up once for night feed.

U can wean him off yao lan earlier. i only wean my boy off when he was abt 7-8mths. now he co-sleeps with us.

hi, during my confinement, my CL rock my son to sleep, after she left, i also had difficulty rocking him to sleep since my CL looked after him 24/7 for a month.

at 1st, i was also skeptical when i had to intro yao lan to my son. but look on the bright side, when he sleeps better, he grows well & all of us sleeps better at night too.+ im sure most of us grew up sleeping in yao lan too.

I did put my son in yao lan at night. he can sleep longer periods, only wake up once for night feed.

you can wean him off yao lan earlier. i only wean my boy off when he was about 7-8mths. now he co-sleeps with us.

Hi , how you wean your boy off ?
After wean him off , did he wake up for night feed ?

pkshl

hi, i let him sleep on the bed more often, to let him get used to it. initally is difficult cos he still wants to be rocked to sleep. den i pat him to sleep, works for my son.

yes he still gets up for night feeds even after i wean him off yao lan. but as he gets older he simply sleeps through the night.

angelwendy

i intro yao lan to my boy when he is 3 months old... because he is also a light sleeper.. so i got no choice... if not i will be very tired... because he will only sleep a while.. or there is a bit of noise then he will be awake... so far now... i put him on his cot when at night.. afternoon is yao lan...

apollo

for me, i slowing wean ds off yaolan.. i will let him fall aslp in his yaolan and aft he fell aslp, carry him out gently and whisper to him "mummy is carrying you to the bed and slp".. i do this for abt 2 mths or so den slowly let him slp on his mattress, pat him to slp.. once in awhile, still will let him slp in his yaolan only until recently.. so we took ard 3-4mths to fully wean him off =)

Thanks mummies for all the reply .
Currently my pig sleep thru the night in the yaolan .
I try to take her out from the yaolan before to shift her to her cot , the moment i touch her , she open her eyes and start to wail ...

Now i am training her to sleep on the bed for her nap between 8pm to 9pm.

Hopefully she will get used to the bed . :001_302:

powereng

Alpha Male
my son still sleeping in the yao lan.. tried putting him in bed... but not working well.... now only got to pray hard that all those protective measures are sufficient.... :wong19:..

TeenyWeeny

Hi both my daughter sleep in yao lan. I intro to my eldest when she is 3mth old. Like u she wanna rock to sleep. I dun think it's bad anyway, just make sure that u only rock her gently. Wat I'll do is put her in yaolan and pat her to sleep. Rock her only when she wake up and she will doze off if she is still tired. She will sleep wif us on our bed at night. She is 25mth now and she no longer sleep in yaolan. She prefer follow us to sleep in bed. No need to wean her off at all.
My second daughter was on yaolan when she is 6weeks old. Reason is I find that sleeping on the cot was very hot. i worried that it will not be good for her if her temp is too high. So just put her on yaolan without rocking. Will put her in bb cot at night when the temp is cold.
To me sleep is most important to baby. That's when her brain and body grow. So I will let her sleep as long as she want or try to let her sleep longer if possible.:shyxxx:

ling.er

Hi , my son is also a ligh sleeper. As i juz intro him yaolan.. He was only 2mth ++ .. Moslty i use to swaddle him to slp .. But wake up every 30min or 1 hr .. I gt to keep swaddle , myself also nt enough slp..
Afternoon & evening he will slp in yaolan but for nigh after he slp deep in yaolan i will move him to bed.. :wong19:

fionliu

haha then i think i am the odd one, i actually introduce yaolan to my girl jus recently even though i heard a lot of bad feedback , actually she can sleep without yaolan but the afternoon nap she oso took a while never more than 1 hrs so i actually quite mind if she nt getting enough sleep cos my pd say actually sleeping is more important than feeding so baby should let them sleep and feed on demand but i still hope she wont rely on yaolan too much. i sctually intro to my baby at 1 mth plus but she rejected but nw she gtg to 3 mth, i intro to her again and this time she seem to like it, she can fall alseep very fast , think i will oso do the way a lot mummy do, afternoon yaolan, nite at cot.

ling.er

Hmmm but sometime my son dun wan slp in yaolan... So gt to swaddle him awhile then put in yaolan for his nap ><"
This is wat i found on a book ..

Babies average hour of slp

0-6wk baby - 15 -18 hr of slp
6-16wk - 14-16 hr
4-6mth - 14-15 hr
6-12mth - 13-14 hr
12-24mth - 12-13 hr

asianmirage

i intro my gal to yao lan when she was 4wks old when the CL went back. Managed to wean her off at 1yr old. She slept with me at night since 4wks off. So easy to wean off.
My son has been in yao lan since 3wks old coz the cot too hot for him to sleep and he don like it. In the day time, he slept on mattress while nite time, in yao lan. Reason is becoz his older sis sleeps 360 degrees and anyhow flip here and there. I kena "kick" by her so many times.

Got once, I put my son on the mattress to sleep on the floor. In the middle of the night, older sis want to sleep with him and even "kacau" him. OMG! It kept her so awake that I can't sleep well at all. Am planning to put him on mattress to sleep in these few days time....coz need to re-arrange furniture to create a better space.

chillychino

I also want to wean my girl off yaolan but she keep crying if I put her on her cot. I try putting her on my bed also cannot. I introduced yaolan to her when she was 3mths cos she always want to be carried to sleep in my arms. When I put her down on her cot she will cry very loud. Sometimes whole day need to carry her when she was still very small. But now it seems she rely on yaolan to fall asleep at nite then we carry her to the cot. And she keep waking up during midnight for comfort and milk. Sometimes when she wake up and nobody pat her, she will cry and we need to carry her to yaolan and shake until she fall asleep then carry her to cot again. Both me and hubby are too tired that we 'forgot' to carry her to the cot sometimes. I'm very worried now as I'm afraid I can't wean her off yaolan. She coming to 10mths le. I really envy those people who can bring their young babies overseas and they have no problems in making their babies sleep on the bed.... anyone has same experience?