any mums bought sarong for baby to sleep?

pkshl

im still confused whether to buy sarong for baby to sleep. my mum advise me dun let baby use cos excessive swinging is no good for baby's brain & if baby got used to sarong, worried that he won't want to sleep in cot anymore but on the other hand, my mother-inlaw is using it for her 2 grandkids & strongly advise me to use it so that baby will have nice round head..

my mum say i cant hang from ceiling & must buy those sarong with stand, & once baby stop using sarong, whats going to happen to the stand?

pls advise...

Jodav

I intend to buy a motorized swing for my baby. Cost is about $149 for the Motor. Stand is about $80, if i remembered correctly. You can fold the stand and keep it for future use :) Most likely able to use it for 2 yrs.

Don't intend to get a baby cot at the moment. Maybe a playpen convert to bed type will be considered at later stage ba... Hubby said all his 4 siblings sleep in sarong since baby... Easier to manage baby's sleep... Any advice?

Queenbabe

Ya i also buy electric baby cradle for DS , cost $169 i think wif music & lights :)

Sarong is good coz make baby head round & nice but maybe will happen like what u(pkshl) say baby wont 1 2 sleep in the cot or maybe go out also want sarong . Btw y cannot hang from ceiling ?

wenz

excessive swinging will cause brain damage to infant, there's few articles about this real life.. i will not recommend sarong swing to baby too young...
cos when baby cry u tend to feel fustrated or panick and will naturally swing faster and harder to 'soothe' the baby but in fact this will hurt the baby...

Queenbabe

Hmm if using hand i think will happen like what wenz mention cause brain damage but electric cradle wont coz swing very smoothly & slowly :)

wenz

ya.. if by electric will be better but make sure u dun go swing the baby manually to hard... have to be very gentle and light...

LoVeS

I did use sarong for my bb when we realized he refused to slp in his playpen n been very cranky~ It was only sarong he is willing to slp in~ Actually it is best nt to introduce sarong to bb as it will make the bb used to slp in sarong BUT it wont cause brain prob or wat as long as u dun rock too hard~ :tlaugh:

raeka

Firstly i give my boy to sleep in playpen and bed but he dun want so we bought a sarong with stand for him. currently he sleep in sarong for the day time and bed in the night time.

Jovyna

im still confused whether to buy sarong for baby to sleep. my mum advise me dun let baby use cos excessive swinging is no good for baby's brain & if baby got used to sarong, worried that he won't want to sleep in cot anymore but on the other hand, my mother-inlaw is using it for her 2 grandkids & strongly advise me to use it so that baby will have nice round head..

my mum say i cant hang from ceiling & must buy those sarong with stand, & once baby stop using sarong, whats going to happen to the stand?

pls advise...
I din let my son sleep in the sarong initially but because when he sleep in bed, he will always like to sleep on his right... and its every night, thru out the whole night... Mum nagging me that his right side of his head is flat liao lor... so die die wan him to sleep in sarong to have a nice round head in future...

use one spring first in e beginning... cant really spring much de... cos baby not enough weight yet... as long as u dun swing too heavy and too much.. just lightly... shouldnt be any problem at all lor...

when ur baby stop using e sarong... 2 words... "Pass on"... Lol...:shyxxx: