any nice maternity clothing to recommend

snowy28

hello all

any nice place that are selling maternity clothes?
the ones i saw are ex and not veri nice

kohym

Alpha Male
hello all

You can try Thyme Maternity @ OG Orchard and also at Taka. Thyme is a Canadian brand so quite "da-fang" looking and not slipshot kind. My wife bought her maternity pants from there.

My advice is just buy the maternity pants/jeans or shorts. Then pair with a normal babydoll top. If everything also buy maternity stuff, very siong on wallet. also the promotor told us no need by maternity bra, just use bra extension will do.

shiseru

Yeah, i quite like the selection, prettymamas. It seem a bit small but pretty design. Perhaps I will place an order later :D

shiseru

Hi shiseru, take note of the measurement. Dont only see how the model wears.. Some of them are quite huge in cuttings and can wear till birth ya. Np .. next time you just quote fin mummsg, i will give you discount.
Really? Great. I just ordered some lingeries from you. Perhaps i should go take a look at the maternity dress at your blog :D

iwan2noe

dear all,

you may wish to make a trip down to this fashion to get some capri pants.. they are 3/4 pants but capri pants there are cheap and comfy...stretchable..at least can last till at least 6-7 mths depending on how fast and big ur tummy grow.. i got mine there and they only cost me 16 netts and cheaper now (due to GSS) if u have the membership card..

They also have some loose and big tops,albeit casual type... and some tops that u can wear to work in office... cheap also..... if u dont mind this fashion, afterall u wont have to wear it after u give birth right :))

Do consider and make a trip down.. almost all their br sells big and loose (though casual) clothes and buy their capri pants..
go to their bigger outlet like the one at bugis or paya lebar, etc...surprisingly i got mine fr their neighbourhood outlets...hee =p

*sorry hope I dont sound like I am advertising, just wanna share my exp *

cocraze

I think I agree that if you can afford to wear a bit more casual wear to work, then just invest in maternity pants and match with babydoll dresses and loose flowing tops. Otherwise, there are those "bottoms-extenders" (dont know what they are called, officially), which enable you to wear your usual jeans/pants, just that you wear them with the zip/buttons undone and the extender fills the gap. I think I last saw it in Mothercare, but quite ex, I think. But at least, you can still wear your favourite jeans/pants.

For casual wear, I think the cotton tops I saw at Uniqlo (new Jap streetwear shop at Tampines 1) are quite reasonably priced and comfortable. There are quite a variety of loose tops and cotton dresses. Of course, they are casual designs, so mainly play around with colours and strips and patterns, nothing fanciful/formal.

They had these affordable leggings at only $9.90, but unfortunately only got up to L size, which is NOT for mummies-to-be...

iwan2noe

hello all

Hey hey!! :Dancing_tongue:

There are some other places where u can try to shop for maternity wear..I am gg down today...

At United Sq:

Modern Maternity, # 01 - 36
Moms R' Us Nursing & Maternity, # B1 – 64
Mums & Babes, #01 - 89/94/95

izanyzam

For casual wear, I think the cotton tops I saw at Uniqlo (new Jap streetwear shop at Tampines 1) are quite reasonably priced and comfortable. There are quite a variety of loose tops and cotton dresses. Of course, they are casual designs, so mainly play around with colours and strips and patterns, nothing fanciful/formal.

They had these affordable leggings at only $9.90, but unfortunately only got up to L size, which is NOT for mummies-to-be...
Yup i just went yesterday and bought a pair of cardigan..The sizes run quite big..And i saw a couple of long sleeved babydoll-like dresses which costs only $29.90..Too bad the sizes run till only L but can see that it runs big..!! :001_302:

kohym

Alpha Male
Last weekend me and wife went to Spring Maternity at Suntec, affordable and nice clothes for workplace and casual.

iwan2noe

Last weekend me and wife went to Spring Maternity at Suntec, affordable and nice clothes for workplace and casual.
Hi Kohym,

Is it exp? How much is it for a normal top for working purpose?

Bought 2 dresses from Marina Sq @ Maternity House, a fe shops away from kiddy palace, for 89.90 for first pc and 30% of the same price for the second pc... Both dresses are of the same price except tt I paid only 70% of the usual price for the second pc ... =) :Dancing_wub:

Maternity clothings are really pricey!!! ;(

SunShine07

actually dun have to buy from those branded maternity shop, there are too ex....at least above $30...

Try those neighbourhood shop instead...they are selling as cheap as $19 for pants. You can try at bedok central (opp across the hawker stall, besides a curtain shop) you can ask the sales staff for assistance. Or another shop at bugis, besides OG where some laksa food shop located. it located at corner, they selling a lot of maternity short or pants.

iwan2noe

actually dont have to buy from those branded maternity shop, there are too ex....at least above $30...

Try those neighbourhood shop instead...they are selling as cheap as $19 for pants. You can try at bedok central (opp across the hawker stall, besides a curtain shop) you can ask the sales staff for assistance. Or another shop at bugis, besides OG where some laksa food shop located. it located at corner, they selling a lot of maternity short or pants.
Hi liang`jia,

Thanks for sharing... do u know the name of the shop that is beside OG where some laksa food shops are located at?

Thanks alot!

kohym

Alpha Male
Hi Kohym,

Is it exp? How much is it for a normal top for working purpose?

Bought 2 dresses from Marina Sq @ Maternity House, a fe shops away from kiddy palace, for 89.90 for first pc and 30% of the same price for the second pc... Both dresses are of the same price except that I paid only 70% of the usual price for the second pc ... =) :Dancing_wub:

Maternity clothings are really pricey!!! ;(
Spagetti top 2 for $49.
Work blouse $49
shorts $23

some kind of promo.

SunShine07

Hi liang`jia,

Thanks for sharing... do you know the name of the shop that is beside OG where some laksa food shops are located at?

Thanks alot!
errr, sorry, i dun know leh....i only know it is located besides OG opp the rochor hawer centre (under construction) at corner....but they selling mostly quite casual clothings loh...or if u dun know then i bring u there lols....i working near there.....hope u can find....:tlaugh: