Any one got ROM and nv hold dinner

babypris86

hi just wan to see any mummy same as me.. nv hold chinese wedding hehe hehe... i got pregnant 1st so we had our ROM but no wedding dinner... cuz was thinking kind of waste $$... rather spend it on else where.... any mummies the same??

LoVeS

hi just wan to see any mummy same as me.. nv hold chinese wedding hehe hehe... i got pregnant 1st so we had our ROM but no wedding dinner... cuz was thinking kind of waste $$... rather spend it on else where.... any mummies the same??
actually it all depends if ur guests u invite r close to u then u wont even need to pay anything for the dinner instead u might even gain sum $$ frm it.:tlaugh:

Bad part it is so troublesome sia. Me aso pregnant 1st but in laws side insist on wedding dinner n we even loss 4k+ on our wedding dinner :embarrassed:

celine

have to depend on u loh...
at 1st I oso tink is waste $$ & din tink of holding, juz get ROM will do...
bt ILs insist to hold dinner... & we din gain or loss $$... :001_302:

Agnes Josephine

I had my ROM in 2003... Till now haven't hold my customary yet... Inteded to hold this year, but my ds came along this year... So gonna hold it maybe next year or the year after... But my ILs are fine whetherhave customary or not.... :001_302:

babypris86

haha cuz my DS is coming 2 yrs old... so i felt is like... why waste the $$$$..........haha haha and its kinda of weird to hold a dinner when ur son is 2 yrs old ba haha haha... me counted b4... i need 17 tables.....

lisa_ng

i got rom when i was 3mos pregnant. at that time was thinking to hold the wedding dinner after i give birth. but after giving birth gave up the idea as i personally felt kind of funny having a wedding dinner with my dd. :)
i invited all my relatives to my rom as at the same time inform of my pregnancy. did ask them for advise if i should hold a wedding dinner after i give birth but they say mayb not as our rom celebration they felt is good enough le. :) but at times still feel so much wanted to hold a wedding dinner as so afraid it will be a regret since it going to be a once in a lifetime thing.

Celina

I dun intend to hold any dinner, my mom told me she dun wan it either. neither do i.. so everyone goes along with me! its a waste of time n i dun see a need to inform everyone im married, be it close or not!.. Even my grandma (father's side) duno im married with a kid.. haha!

lulu_booboo

i guess i'm the same too...
we got married when my daughter was 5mths old at the registrar office and then went for a simple lunch...
wanted to come back to SG to have a small dinner but in the end, decided to save the money :p

babypris86

ya i find its quite of $$$ issue haha haha haha... i intend to just take a photo taking as due to my ah gong mentioning he wont die in peace if he don see my wedding photos haha haha kinda of funny...

XiaoXue

We got ROM once I turned 16yo in 2002.. and was preggy a month later.. Due to me being under 18yo, We need to attend marriage workshop & classes and wait for approval from the then MCDS.. It got approved @ end of May. and We ROM @ June 2002.. Was already 5 mths preggy but my baby very "give face".. My "baby belly" nv appear yet den till 8th mth preggy den show.. So hardly can see I'm already 5 mths preggy and still able to fit into my evening gown.. =D

We only held buffet dinner for relatives & friends when we ROM but for sure we will go for our customary which we planned it shall be on our 10th wedding anniversary.. which is in 5 yrs time.. By then, DS would be 9yr+ we dun felt it weird but rather special..

Next year, we will bring DS along for our wedding photo shoot.. Glad that we didn't took our wedding photos back then.. If not sure look funny i think cos we are just a 16 & 18yo.

一路走来不容易。。But I cherish our every moments together.. =D

LSmummy

its not a must to hold dinner for us modern mommies.
only wana announce i'm married and to hv 'face' must to spend thousands of dollar. waste money and energy.
simple dinner is gd as well. it's the thought tt counts.

Mrs Xie

Only reception during ROM day for dh and me, no wedding dinner...... I'm somebody who is afraid of "ma fan"...... everything wants to be simple in life... :001_302::001_302:

maine78

i ROM in 2001 and din't hv customary or dinner. I only had 2tables at a nearby restaurant after ROM for relatives and 2tables at nite for close friends. I had my wedding photos taking 2yrs bk after insisting that i must hv them taken.

Pwiincess

Actually it's up to individual. For me, I would want one. I mean it's a once in a lifetime thingy. My wedding night still stays in my mind. Looking at the dvd (dunoe how many hundredth times liao!!), DH and me still smile at the sweetness. It will sweeten the both of you.

LoVeS

Actually it's up to individual. For me, I would want one. I mean it's a once in a lifetime thingy. My wedding night still stays in my mind. Looking at the dvd (dunoe how many hundredth times liao!!), DH and me still smile at the sweetness. It will sweeten the both of you.
same manz till now i watch it again i will still fill wif happiness + touched tears:tlaugh:

babypris86

oic oic... ya some times i see my frens they all have dinner i quite envy... but then.... haha ahha still think its waste of $$ hoho... but i taking photos... then it will be memories for me...

LoVeS

oic oic... ya some times i see my frens they all have dinner i quite envy... but then.... haha ahha still think its waste of $$ hoho... but i taking photos... then it will be memories for me...

why would it b waste of $$ when ur guest ang pow can cover the $$?:err:

Pwiincess

why would it b waste of $$ when ur guest ang pow can cover the $$?:err:
It's true. The angpows would cover back. Mine, not much losses or profits. U can choose cheaper restaurants. Like country clubs? I only had 24 tables, in a very cheap country club, yet.. so blissed that night too!!

LoVeS

It's true. The angpows would cover back. Mine, not much losses or profits. U can choose cheaper restaurants. Like country clubs? I only had 24 tables, in a very cheap country club, yet.. so blissed that night too!!

same~ Mine aso country club ard 35 tables but loss 4k+ coz ard $700 per table but quite a number of guest gave $50 ang pow nia LOLX:tlaugh: But then nvm lah 4k+ for once a lifetime thingy is worth it. It is the moment of memory tt can rmb in lifetime~