Any Patience, Specialized Phonic Private Tutor in Punggol?

Alivia

Hi,

My son is 6 years old and now very poor in reading, I am worry as he is going to P1 next year. I need a good specialized phonic tutor that teach in Punggol exculsive 1 to 1. He has short attention span and lacks in focus hence patience and creative approach is needed!

Any good highly recommendation?

Need help pls....

Nora1973

Hi Alivia - ur are not alone:) my son is going to P1 too next year and having the same problem. We were quite lucky cause his teachers in his Childcare found out about his problem 2 years back. They wrote a letter of recommendation to KK Hospital. Started with his speech therapist early last year. It's a monthly check up with 1 hour 1to1 therapy.
You can try if u want to. My son have improve alot with his speech but writing a bit slower.

Alivia

Thanks so much for replying!!

The only problem is he left 6 months to go only hence I feel phonic is something i can't help because i do not have the knowledge to teach on this. This might be the reason why he can't read without the phonice drill. He is very talkative and I feel the speech shouldn't be a problem for him. His writing skill is ok but with effort.

Nora, it is good you have get this work 2 years ago :) For me, I am going to attend the talk session on speech therapy in September before they will assign the slot for him but by then this is too late. While waiting for speech therapy, phonice tutor seems be a wiser choice now but where to get good specialize one (also affordable within my budget)

Got any good phonic tutor recommendation out there....?

mummy85

Hi nora1973

ur kid went for speech therapist at kkh? How much do u have pay? Can briefly explain how the therapist works with ur kid?

thanks