Any receommendation on antenatal class?

ebi

Hi, would like to know if anyone of you have attended or attending any antenatal class/talk before giving birth? would it be helpful in giving birth and taking care of newborn? if so, appreciate if you could share your experience. thanks.

matka

Hi Ebi

I think it is good to attend if you can, especially with your spouse. It will be helpful and also gives you some mental preparation on what you can expect during delivery and when you go home. Also breastfeeding basics and physio sessions.

Even if you cannot absorb so much, it will also give your spouse the opportunity to learn more about the whole process. Plus you get to enjoy "massage" from your spouse as well.

I went to the one at Mt Alvernia, and the sessions seem adequate. The nurses & physios are nice and pretty good. I have heard rave reviews about the one at TMC with Mdm Wong Boh Boi, but I think that is very popular.

Stan

I attended the one at Mt A.
Good information for first timer... and also the the showing of the birth video is great preparation for hubbies!! Let them 1st how the babies are popped....hahaha...

newbie2009, thanks for the reply, have another question, does the course includes video on childbirth and labour ward tour?
thanks

newbie2009

newbie2009, thanks for the reply, have another question, does the course includes video on childbirth and labour ward tour?
thanks
there is a video on child delivery, however not the ward tour. I think that video is not a local production. I think its swiss.

If u are keen on going for ward tour, i believe KKH got tour at 11am every friday. U can read up the topics that we talk about the kkh tour here in this forum

Last edited: