Any recommend insurance Company!!

A

adamking

Any recommend insurance Company for my 1 month old baby? Im looking for Medical Plans cover only.

fioncess

Hi,

Both my husband and i are in insurance line. My Baby will be due in july.
We may have some suggestions for you. No Obligations of course.
You may wan to leave a msg at my email?
fioncess@gmail.com

zhenhui

adamking, sign up with aviva, they have free coverage for ur children if u and ur hubby sign up with them. :)

I rec Great Eastern. think they still have the best plans in the market. esp with regards to stem cell treatments - it's easier to claim.

JusMum

buy great eastern, why was it regard to stem cell treatment ? i keep my baby stem cell at stemlife. im planning to buy medical card and saving for my baby from a friend, from great eastern.

I rec Great Eastern. think they still have the best plans in the market. esp with regards to stem cell treatments - it's easier to claim.

nine_eleven

Alpha Male
Any recommend insurance Company for my 1 month old baby? Im looking for Medical Plans cover only.
I'm and adviser from AXA Life.

we have medical coverage available for infants, both using cash and medisave.

do post any queries here for the benefit of all!

to begin with, what is your budget for this purpose? how comprehensive do you want the coverage to be?

Jeremy Tan

My agent is from an independent insurance company and she represent a broad range of insurance company. She help my family do a comparison of the plans from all companies :)

apollo

My agent is from an independent insurance company and she represent a broad range of insurance company. She help my family do a comparison of the plans from all companies :)
i heard b4 of this... but do they charge the same price offered from various com or they got add in more for their commission?

apollo

No , what i mean is that all the companies got pros and cons.
Compare the companies/products more important or the agent.
I feel that if you have a friend, easier mah...
quite true... but too bad i don't have friends in this line yet... so gonna compare the plan 1st... :001_302:

matka

Hi, I have a friend in Manulife. She's single-handedly taking care of her two daughters so I'm just taking the chance to do some referrals for her. Drop me a pm if you'd like an assessment from Manulife. They market Aviva's products as well.

titan3227

Alpha Male
well, you can ask me any questions, i'll be delighted to help
wad are you concerns?

my strategy is

1) 5% of income to protect income.
2) Set your goals, den i offer you solution,
3) reduce retirement age

matchy

Alpha Male
best is to get someone whom u can trust and relate to....

imagine buying a plan from an agent who leave the industry after 1 year

dur30cat

best is to get someone whom you can trust and relate to....

imagine buying a plan from an agent who leave the industry after 1 year
Actually, I am not sure how all of you feel but I think getting a financial advisor is a better route to go.

Initially when I got my insurance, I had one from Prudential (Prulink) and another from AIA.

What I didn't know, until I had a financial advisor, was that there are overlapped areas which I was double-paying but can only single-claim if anything happens.

A good financial advisor should be able to look at your financial situation and objectives, then make appropriate recommendations.

Also, he helps advise and takes care of my investments.

Best part is that FAs are brand neutral so they can recommend any policy to suit your budget. I've got Aviva, Manulife, Federal, AIA, Prudential (the last 2 both trimmed) with all different policy cover.

Now, I don't even need to liaise with my insurance agent, knowing that I can get better holistic advice from my FA from which I then carry out any changes.

pepperphibs

Hi,

Just my 2 cents on this.

I feel it depends on your own knowledge of insurance. If u are savvy, then going with a independant Financial adviser (IFA) may be good as they have a wide range of products from a lot of companies. But if u are not, then a financial adviser may be able to help u better.

Of course like in any industry, there are good and bad ones.

Honestly speaking, i feel with an IFA, with the wide range of products, how do they pick the one that suits u best? Could it be the one that suits their pocket best?

In this case, with medical insurance, if budget is an issue, Aviva Myshield may be your choice (children free till Age 20), and they have recently enhanced their plan so the coverage is pretty good.

If not, The great Eastern plan is good also.

FYI, I'm not with Great Eastern.

ouwl

Do take note that Aviva Plan FOC for children only applicable if both Husband and Wife take up the plan. Your child will be covered under the Plan 2 benefit which had a Pro-Factor of 65% for Private Hospital bill..

If budget is not a constraint, then do look at others as compare to Aviva. Aviva tend to be more expensive with lesser coverage at certain age group and the main plan is more expensive as compare to the rest...

RunForrest

Alpha Male
Hi,

Just my 2 cents on this.

I feel it depends on your own knowledge of insurance. If you are savvy, then going with a independant Financial adviser (IFA) may be good as they have a wide range of products from a lot of companies. But if you are not, then a financial adviser may be able to help you better.

Of course like in any industry, there are good and bad ones.

Honestly speaking, i feel with an IFA, with the wide range of products, how do they pick the one that suits you best? Could it be the one that suits their pocket best?

In this case, with medical insurance, if budget is an issue, Aviva Myshield may be your choice (children free till Age 20), and they have recently enhanced their plan so the coverage is pretty good.

If not, The great Eastern plan is good also.

FYI, I'm not with Great Eastern.

If budget is a concern, should consider NTUC Income instead. Downside is that they impose a 10% co-insurance capped at 3k per policy year. But think about it, usually that portion is covered by the medisave and how often do you get hospitalised ? then you look at the savings, especially when you got to pay high premiums in the high age band, say age 65.

I'm not saying this is the best, but different products might be packaged in different ways. If you want the best coverage (private hospital) but yet do not have the budget. Go for this.