Any recommendation for good confinement lady?

chummymummy

Hi i just ended my confinement n i highly recommend her. Pm me for details, if u still need one. Shr is really responsible, experiencced n trustworthy.

Jessica Fun

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Todayis the last day (1 Feb 2013) and Aunty Mary is leaving us after doing5 weeks of confinement with us. Overall, I am satisfied with hertaking care of me and my baby girl. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]AuntyMary took care of mummy well and she cooked a variety of chineseherbal soups to suit mummy's needs during confinement period. She wasvery patient and caring with my baby girl. In addition, she hashelped me to prevent breast engorgement. She will cook some food tostimulate the secretion of milk. Overall, she is a very credenceconfinement lady. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Ifyou would like to get a Confinement Lady, you can contact her atthese numbers: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]HP:+6010-8847 576 (Malaysia number) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]HP:83008215 (Singapore number) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]P/S:Try to call her Malaysia number and if there's no answer, just smsher cos she may be busy cooking or handling the baby. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Herblogspot address is [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]http://marychengny.blogspot.com[/FONT][/FONT]

dawn80

As my delivery date drew near mid-June this year, I was filled with trepidation at the prospect of having one too many women/ estrogen overload at home; my MiL stays with us, I just hired a new helper and I wasn't sure if my CL would be a bane or a boon, especially after hearing loads of horror stories of CLs from hell. After voicing my fears, my hubby and I both came to an agreement that we would dispense with the CL if she became a point of stress.

So, I was in and out of the hospital after my lil gal arrived on Father's Day, and held my breath with the kick-off of my confinement. As it turned out, one month passed too quickly and before I knew it, I was hugging my CL at my doorstep as her ride waited, and bidding her a teary goodbye. In that short period of time, we became really close, and I was very sorry to see her go. Not only did she take great care of me and the 'lil one, she got on fabulously with my (ahem, difficult) MiL and taught my helper to cook many yummy dishes (both confinement and non-confinement) and how to take care of the baby. Most of all, she was there to encourage me as I went through the initial frustrations of breastfeeding, fretting about my milk supply, and kept me company while I sat through many a pumping session, which would have been a bore if not for our chats.

Some of her best traits:-
1) Huge repertoire of confinement and non-confinement dishes (she cooked for my family as well), and ability to tweak dishes to suit your taste
2) Emphasizes healthy eating over old-fashioned "confinement must-dos" - she spends time trimming fats off pork ribs, skimming excess oil from soups, adds sesame oil to taste instead if drenching food in it, uses appropriate amount of red dates/ longans such that the "ang-zo teh" is not overtly sweet...the list goes on..
3) Strong knowledge of Chinese herbs; my water retention problem was totally gone after Week 1 thanks to her soups, I could finally fit into my old stilettos :D She was also careful with the use of stronger herbs as I was breastfeeding and DD was a little jaundiced.
4) Strikes a balance between time-tested practices and modern life - allows me to shower albeit with hot water and not when it's too late, ok to drink warm plain water with moderation
5) Is super easy going, had no airs around my helper, treated her as equal and helped me coach her. Diffused inevitable tension between THE MiL and I, also imparted valuable advice to me on dealing with her. I was amazed at how she quickly won over the heart of my MiL who infamously staked claim to the (my!) kitchen.
6) Is very good with baby, but is respectful of your requests and does not impose her own opinions

I am sharing the above personal anecdotes with the mummies or mummies-to-be here whom I hope may one day engage Aunty Meili, and enjoy their confinement as much as I did. If you are keen, her details are as follows:-

Name: Aunty Meili
Yrs of experience: 6+, not counting her own 8 grandkids
Conversant in Mandarin, Hokkien, conversational English, Bahasa (useful if you have an Indon helper)

diorly

Hi mommies and mommies-to-be,

Is anyone looking for confinement nanny? Extremely reliable & trustworthy. She took very great care of me and my little baby, my first CN was the popular Siew Ling Jie, which I thought was a very good already.. Now my current nanny is even better!
I am a picky/fussy mommy and yet she can satisfy most of my expectation. I can tell she is very passionate in taking care of babies. She will talk/sing/ to them even tho she can go and rest.. Impressed she can take care of me, baby, cook, clean, feed at the same time. We all "blossomed" from her delicious cooking. Either my super picky elder boy also gained significant weight! My hubby also keep praising her cooking. She is so good that I engaged her for 2 months :) So helping her to find her next job :) PM me if interested! :)

honeygirl

Dear all mummy to be,
have any one engage confinement lady from PEM confinement agency or
Supper nanny agency ? Please advise !

Thank

wongsukb

Hi all, I would like to recommend my CL, Auntie Kam. I just finished my confinement during June. The auntie was very good in her duties. She does housework, marketing, cook 3 meals also for my hubby, take care of baby and me. She would teach me how to take care of baby. She stays at our house and would chat with me. Help out whenever my family members need anything. Cooks tonics for me........ She is good experience and very nice and hardworking. {HIGHLY RECOMMEND} Auntie Kam contact: 93485021 (S'pore) / 6 0125431562 (M'sia) I also recommended to my friends, they also said.. very good the Auntie Kam.

wongsukb

Hi all,

I would like to recommend my CL, Auntie Kam. I just completed my confinement during June. This is her second times to come and help me. Before the first time was 2007 September for my first daughter. The auntie was very good in her duties. She does housework, marketing, cook 3 meals also for my hubby, take care of baby, my family and me. She would teach me how to take care of baby. She stays at our house. Help out whenever my family members need anything. Cooks tonics for me........ She is good experience and very nice and hardworking.

{HIGHLY RECOMMENDED} Auntie Kam contact: 93485021 (S'pore) / 6 0125431562 (M'sia)

I also recommended to my friends, they also said.. very good the Auntie Kam.

Need more details, do not hesitate to let me know at shuibwong@hotmail.com

Dananeo

Hi all, I would like to also recommend my confinement lady. Really excellent experience. I rate her 10/10. Because she did EVERYTHING. My family loves her around. I got no stress and confident when she look after the LO. I even got dessert!

Minnie Neo, Malaysian. English & Mandarin well spoken.
+6013-3993141. 013-3914131. (what's apps)

Last edited: