Any review of Parkway East Hospital and their delivery charges

gumbokins

Hi Gumbokins!
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I missed your posting earlier on i guess. I'm not sure if they changed the package though, cos the last time i read on the website, they only said single-deluxe rm excludes lodger; meaning the single charges includes lodger alr? Oh ok, so the dep includes the price of the whole package itself? Thank you, and i hope my lil one comes out soon! Hubby and I are dying to see her alr!:(
Urm no I don't think the single includes lodger..coz I had a single room and had to pay extra for my husband to stay.

You pretty much pay the whole cost upfront, then they will deduct what medisave will cover from the total bill and you probably will get some of the deposit back.

i also forgot to mention that PEH gives a small blue tub for bathing the baby. Don't forget to bring your own wrap for the baby!

have a safe delivery :)

pinkneow

Hi Jocpt

I never book any maternity tour at all and my delivery is in March.
Who is your gynea ? Btw, my gynea is Tan y.y.
hi

mine gynea is also YY tan.. located at Bedok. I m gg for the c-section but wondering what are the charges ?? Hospital and gynea???

pinkneow

By the way, what are the items that PEH gives when we discharge?? Do we need to bring diaper for baby?? Receiving Blankets??? Baby going home clothes???

Or any extra charges towards these items???

Also, im gg for the 2-beded room. Can hubby stay with me in the room??

TIA
pinkneow

Last edited:

gumbokins

hi

mine gynea is also YY tan.. located at Bedok. I m gg for the c-section but wondering what are the charges ?? Hospital and gynea???
By the way, what are the items that PEH gives when we discharge?? Do we need to bring diaper for baby?? Receiving Blankets??? Baby going home clothes???

Or any extra charges towards these items???

Also, im gg for the 2-beded room. Can hubby stay with me in the room??

TIA
pinkneow
You can google for PEH's maternity package to find out the charges for the room...or grab a brochure from the reception at the hospital next time you are there. Dont know why the package pricing is not available on their website. Gynae's cost will vary from doctor to doctor..

PEH will give 1 pack of huggies (S22), a pack of j&j wipes and a blue basin for bathing baby. You hv to bring own set of clothes for yourself and for the baby to go home. I also received 2 diaper bags with baby goodies from dumex and DBS. All included in the package.

Doubt that if u take a 2-bedder, your husband can stay coz there is nowhere for him to sleep in the room? It would be kinda awkward esp if there is another mummy in the ward with you, isn't it?

jocpt

Hi Jocpt

I never book any maternity tour at all and my delivery is in March.
Who is your gynea ? Btw, my gynea is Tan y.y.
mine is Dr. K.L.Loke, his clincin is at Tampines area.

Your EDD will be March, is 1 mth plus to go...so fast...
So ur Gynae Ms. Tan will be deliver for u? and how about ur charges?

pinkneow

You can google for PEH's maternity package to find out the charges for the room...or grab a brochure from the reception at the hospital next time you are there. Dont know why the package pricing is not available on their website. Gynae's cost will vary from doctor to doctor..

PEH will give 1 pack of huggies (S22), a pack of j&j wipes and a blue basin for bathing baby. You hv to bring own set of clothes for yourself and for the baby to go home. I also received 2 diaper bags with baby goodies from dumex and DBS. All included in the package.

Doubt that if u take a 2-bedder, your husband can stay coz there is nowhere for him to sleep in the room? It would be kinda awkward esp if there is another mummy in the ward with you, isn't it?
Thanks gumbokins for ur useful information ...:)

how about the carpark rates?? issit complimentary for patient staying in????

TIA
pinkneow

gumbokins

PEH parking quite bad coz v limited lots. You only get comp parking if you've previously delivered a child there. Otherwise it's capped at $16 a day I think. If you can't find a lot can go for valet parking, pay $5 extra. Probably might want to consider taking a cab there or having someone else drop you off.

gumbokins

The only discount voucher I can remember is a $20 one from Jurlique. Maybe the dumex diaper bag has more, but I can't recall.

wamy

Is this more cheaper compare to Gleneagles?
because my Gynae delivers in Gleneagles and Parkway East.. so im choosing between the two..

happy mother

hi im very new to this thread.....:red: my EDD on Aug 9, one month to go... i was reffereing to the PEH, can you help me to share the total price package you paid ... normal delivery + single room? the total cost and everything? so that it will be easy for me to estimate my budget.:wong19:

gumbokins

The MOH website publishes average bill sizes, I think it's a pretty good gauge. I think it may vary slightly based on your gynae's charges. Delivery (Normal) | Ministry of Health

For PEH, 1-bedder, normal delivery 2 day stay, average cost is about $4000. I think Medisave will cover about half of it?

gumbokins

because my Gynae delivers in Gleneagles and Parkway East.. so im choosing between the two..
Definitely. Again, if you refer to this website, GH is one of the more expensive pvt hospitals. Almost 2k diff in price b/w GH and PEH.

Sarahmerah

I know this is an old post but just for others info the difference in price would be the hospital cost. Gleneagles for sure would be more because of the location.

HTH :)