Any SAHM from northeast?

cmeilim

hi justina, serangoon is considered as northeast?? anyway, you know us so keep me posted of this mummies' groups' happenings although i am a full-time working mum. would love to learn from other more experienced mummies since Ian's my first child.

by the way, ian waves harlow!!! we're getting ready for the next big milestone for him - introducing to him semi-solids!! he's been eyeing us eat our yummy food enviously far too long, but we wanted to wait till he crosses the six months mark before letting him try. and it's a week from today!! woohoo....

cmeilim

oh yeah, i am at the same nick for msn, but seldom msn cos at work during weekdays or else busy with baby or outdoors during weekends. but u know my email address and my mobile no lah. =>

Justina

hi justina, serangoon is considered as northeast?? anyway, you know us so keep me posted of this mummies' groups' happenings although i am a full-time working mum. would love to learn from other more experienced mummies since Ian's my first child.

by the way, ian waves harlow!!! we're getting ready for the next big milestone for him - introducing to him semi-solids!! he's been eyeing us eat our yummy food enviously far too long, but we wanted to wait till he crosses the six months mark before letting him try. and it's a week from today!! woohoo....
haha...no boundaries drawn. i'm now thinking of a good time and place for all of us to meet up. any suggestion, especially busy working mummy like you?

aiyoo...can see that you're excited abt pretty boy's solids! call me if u need porridge, potatoes or oatmeal recipe ya!

Justina

oh yeah, i am at the same nick for msn, but seldom msn cos at work during weekdays or else busy with baby or outdoors during weekends. but you know my email address and my mobile no . =>
just added you. hope to chat online more often :)

adelynn

hey all~

it's been awhile since i last read this thread & my little girl has arrived on 17th nov :)

Justina

hey all~

it's been awhile since i last read this thread & my little girl has arrived on 17th nov :)
Hey, congrats new mommy...ur little girl is cute! take good care of yourself, rest and eat well..good luck in breastfeeding. but if you have difficulty, pls let us know ya!

june_lim

Hi! I have a boy who is 16mths. And was thinking of having a meet-up with all other mummies. Well...any mummies interested?
Let's all decide to meet at Fridget next saturday 5th dec at 2pm for tea. Please contact me on my mobile at 83333983 or to jun_lim96@hotmail.com if you are able to confirm.

Cherrs!
:Dancing_wub:

Attandance for the meet-up.(Location- Fridget 5th dec @2pm )

1. June

Hey June, I m in Serangoon. Would also love to meet with other mummies. HOw old are your kiddies?

Last edited:

adelynn

Hey, congrats new mommy...your little girl is cute! take good care of yourself, rest and eat well..good luck in breastfeeding. but if you have difficulty, pls let us know ya!
Hey Justina

I've got a question regarding BF (you can read my mind, haha)
I'm now doing TBF for my girl but is keen in expressing it out for her to be fed in the night so that i can 'steal' a little more rest. I have heard of people telling me about nipple confusion if i introduce the bottle too soon, but how soon is the earliest i can introduce it to my girl?

My girl now does not cry for milk but rather relies on me to wake her up at regular intervals for nappy changes and then feeds, so im not feeding on demand. Is this normal for her to be able to go without milk for a straight 5 or 6 hours? Im worried she isnt taking enough

Sorry got alot of questions, new mummy everything i also blur haha

adelynn

Hi! I have a boy who is 16mths. And was thinking of having a meet-up with all other mummies. Well...any mummies interested?
Let's all decide to meet at Fridget next saturday 5th dec at 2pm for tea. Please contact me on my mobile at 83333983 or to jun_lim96@hotmail.com if you are able to confirm.

Cherrs!
:Dancing_wub:

Attandance for the meet-up.(Location- Fridget 5th dec @2pm )

1. June
Hey June

I would love to but am still doing my confinement during then :( You guys can go ahead and i shall join the next one once my confinement ends :D

Justina

Hey Justina

I've got a question regarding BF (you can read my mind, haha)
I'm now doing TBF for my girl but is keen in expressing it out for her to be fed in the night so that i can 'steal' a little more rest. I have heard of people telling me about nipple confusion if i introduce the bottle too soon, but how soon is the earliest i can introduce it to my girl?

My girl now does not cry for milk but rather relies on me to wake her up at regular intervals for nappy changes and then feeds, so im not feeding on demand. Is this normal for her to be able to go without milk for a straight 5 or 6 hours? Im worried she isnt taking enough

Sorry got alot of questions, new mummy everything i also blur haha
Yes, i guessed all new mummies somehow or rather have questions to ask about breastfeeding. I relied alot of Breast feeding mother support group (BMSG) last time.

Yes, as new mummies, we are often deprived of beautiful sleep and try everyway to rest more..which you should because proper rest and food intake will increase milk production.

As for introducing bottle to baby, there is no hard and fast rule. Some babies can adapt very well and take both at the same time while some can't. As for me although i did total breastfeeding, i express round the clock because my baby couldn't latch on due to oral thrust. But other than that, things turned out really fine because my hubby and mother in law helped out in feeding while i steal some rest.

As for your newborn who doesn't demand for milk for 5-6 consecutive hours is it only at night time? Is it everynight? I supposed she is too sleepy and you're really lucky cos i foresee she may sleep thru quite soon. However, if it is during daytime, do wake her for feeding every 3 hours interval. Let her latch on so that your body will produce milk.

Now, back to expressing milk. For me, i will still wake up once in the middle of the night (3am) to express so that my milk production wouldn't drop. I will also express before i sleep at 11pm and when i wake up at 7am. So, that's like 4 hourly for night time but i expresss 3 hourly during the day. I'm not sure how much sleep you wanna steal in your case but you can plan in a way that your express/latch is well spaced throughout the day and night (24hrs).

Some mummies still like to latch on because they find it convenient, maybe difficult phase for you right now but once you get the hang of it, you can breastfeed for a very long time.

I hope i did answer your questions completely but if i hadn't, i had just left you my contact number and do call me for further guide ok.

Take care my dear :)

Cheers!

cmeilim

hi adelynn
congrats on your newborn! she looks angelic. if i may be allowed to share my experience, i too attended the BMSG workshops and read up a lot on breastfeeding. DH and I were adamant we were not letting anything hijack our TBF mission, so we minimised any risks. This included not letting DS have a pacifier until he was seven weeks old and not introducing the bottle till he was three months old and we wanted to get him adapted to my hubby and mum bottle-feeding him EBM while I am at work. i didn't mind waking up at night to nurse DS becos I knew this would help me maintain my milk supply, and I still wake up at night to nurse him nowadays (i've returned to work since two months ago) on nights when he does not sleep through. i guess you can say we preferred to err on the side of caution.

i agree with justina. during daytime, it's better to wake baby up if she has not asked for milk for 3-4h since the last feed. this was what my PD had advised us too. but for night-time, it's ok to go along with baby's demand. trust me, if baby is hungry, she will make sure you know it. ;p

enjoy your new bundle of joy!

adelynn

Hey Justina & cmeilim

Thanks for the advises & inputs.

In the day i wake my girl up latest by every 3 hourly if she does not ask for milk, but it's the night feeds that she drags 5 to 6 hourly, so i should continue to let her sleep in the night and not disturb her.

if my girl drinks every 3 hourly during the day, would i still need to express my milk out? As i have not introduced the bottle yet, i wonder should i express my milk at all, cuz the only alternative way of feeding her now is cup/spoon feeding.

at this current moment i prefer latching now cuz like what you say, lesser work in preparation :)

Another question, if i take panadol flu, am i still able to BF?

And justina, i've stored your number in my phone, and have sent my number back to you :) Thanks alot! If i need help, you'll definitely be on my mind!

Thanks alot girls~

cmeilim

it's up to u if u wish to express now in addition to direct latch. the latter is better for good milk supply and also convenience (if you can bear the pain of sore nipples). but u may need to express anyway to clear the breast if you are getting engorged easily. no need to feed by cup or spoon if your gal is already drinking enough from suckling. if u don't find it a waste and is not lacking milk, can just pump and throw away. or else, pump and freeze.

i have taken panadol for fever while BFing. GP and PD both say no problem.

earlene29

Hi! Hi! Me living in punggol dr.. a mother of 2 oso.. hehe.. Gonna resign after this mth..

Lets MSN shall we?? ;)

Cheers!