Any SG mommy foreigner daddy?

AquariusMama

Hi... I am currently expecting and due in august'14. Residing out of SG as my hubby is a non-Singaporean. We are planning to go back to SG to give birth. If anyone knows that if my baby can be singaporean? Thank you.

Mashiiii

As long as one parent is a Singaporean, the child can be a Singaporean. In fact the child can hold dual citizenship till 21yo. Both Singaporean and the nationality of the other parent. Just need to register their birth accordingly

AquariusMama

Oh.. Thanks for your reply. That's good to know. I hope they will be approve it. I am afraid not approve becuz I don't live in sg currently.

Mashiiii

As long as you are a Singaporean, they have no reason not to approve the application. You can call or email ica to inquire further or go to Singapore embassy in your current location to clarify any further doubts :)

Smurfete

As long as you are a Singaporean, they have no reason not to approve the application. You can call or email ica to inquire further or go to Singapore embassy in your current location to clarify any further doubts :)
My hb is foreigner and me sg citizen. Bb is borned in sg and took up sg citizenship at the birth registration. No issue. Before delivery, i do not reside in sg

AquariusMama

Yeah, that's what I worried that they might not approve becuz I don't live in sg. Wondering if they have a require period of time living in sg before baby born. As I go back to sg just to give birth. ;( my first plan was to give birth here as I got a great gynae here. But after all the checking and asking around, people suggested me to give birth in sg to save all the paper work. If I give birth in sg and yet can't be approve, thats really very sad.

Smurfete

I don't think they will ask for the length of stay as passport is not needed if u produce pink ic

Yeah, that's what I worried that they might not approve becuz I don't live in sg. Wondering if they have a require period of time living in sg before baby born. As I go back to sg just to give birth. ;( my first plan was to give birth here as I got a great gynae here. But after all the checking and asking around, people suggested me to give birth in sg to save all the paper work. If I give birth in sg and yet can't be approve, thats really very sad.

Xelle

No issue. As long as baby is born in Singapore, and one parent is Singaporean, there will be no contention. Need to bring your I/C, marriage cert, his passport and Disembarkation Card to hospital when your deliver for registration. Was also not residing in SG before my first was born, hubby is also foreigner.