Any side effects of induction labor?

susant

Dear mummies,

I gonna have induced labor on this coming sunday night. My gynae suggests for inserting the tablet method. I learnt that there are other methods such as dripping for induction.

Could any mummies who experienced with induction labor got suffer any side effects?
Kindly please share your experiences . . .

Thanks in advance.

Susant

Melancholy

Dear mummies,

I gonna have induced labor on this coming sunday night. My gynae suggests for inserting the tablet method. I learnt that there are other methods such as dripping for induction.

Could any mummies who experienced with induction labor got suffer any side effects?

Thanks in advance.

Susant
Me too didn't experience any side effects for induction.. The only side effects is from taking epidural..

ellyeun

Hi mommies!
just wanna find out at which wk usually will u induce ur bb? and is the % high that bb can come out anytime after 37wks?

angelwendy

Hi mommies!
just wanna find out at which wk usually will you induce your baby? and is the % high that baby can come out anytime after 37wks?

Yes actually after 37 weeks is consider almost anytime.. normally if for induce.. after 37 weeks will be safe... but of course the longer baby in the mummy tummy the better it is... but of course not saying about overdue...

PinkDiamonds

For some gynaes they may not encourage induction unless the baby is past due date, if there is no reason to do so. Unless before your EDD you have some complications in which the gynae will try to induce.

ellyeun

how's the successful rate for induce?!
gynae was telling me, if induce doesnt work, then gotta c-section.......

how?!?!?!

PTB7476

how's the successful rate for induce?!
gynae was telling me, if induce doesnt work, then gotta c-section.......

how?!?!?!
what do you mean how ?? if not successful means bb in distress then you have to C sect...there is nothing else u can do if gynae has already utilized all the method.

btw why do you need to induce ?

ellyeun

what do you mean how ?? if not successful means baby in distress then you have to C sect...there is nothing else you can do if gynae has already utilized all the method.

btw why do you need to induce ?
i wanted bb to come out earlier..otherwise nobody help with confinement. c-section sounds scary, induce seems uncertain.... ):

Edwinie

Induction will have stronger contractions than having the baby naturally. But guess most people overcome this with epidural.
Hope you will have a smooth delivery!

PTB7476

i wanted baby to come out earlier..otherwise nobody help with confinement. c-section sounds scary, induce seems uncertain.... ):
yah i agreed induction come with too many uncertainities..that's why i going to opt for C sect... fast and within control :001_302: going to inform gynae our decision next visit..

ellyeun

ya, but my case now still too early to decide, gynae told me to wait and see, see later stage, like how big is bb, what position is he in, and till last stage, how there's this V.E.. so all depends on situation.

but for csect is it true that u will take longer to heal?

PTB7476

ya, but my case now still too early to decide, gynae told me to wait and see, see later stage, like how big is baby, what position is he in, and till last stage, how there's this very.E.. so all depends on situation.

but for csect is it true that you will take longer to heal?
lucky you still can wait and see...for me gynae already told me...i need to induce at 38wks but i going to opt for C sect as mentioned

yes C sect do take longer to heal... but i can live with that :tlaugh:

ellyeun

just 4more wks to go!! bet u r excited!!!!!
r u seeing ur gynae every wk now that you r nearer to yr due date?

good luck k!!! hope u have a smooth one ^^

PTB7476

just 4more wks to go!! bet you r excited!!!!!
r you seeing your gynae every wk now that you r nearer to yr due date?

good luck k!!! hope you have a smooth one ^^
yes 1more month to go :001_302:
i just reduced the visit from 3 week once to 2 week once... after that should be on weekly basis :001_302:

Dear mummies,

Thanks in advance.

Susant
i was put on induction drip, no side effects... the only side effects was cos of epidural, i threw up alittle and shivered...other than that everything else was fine