any single mom face problem at work?

kinberuri

Any single parent here face problem with ur employer just bcos u are a single mom? I list my job bcos of that! Tough and stressful time now...

Anyone willing to be my listen ear.... I am totally stressed up!

Rubie

Any single parent here face problem with ur employer just bcos u are a single mom? I list my job bcos of that! Tough and stressful time now...

Dear Kinberuri, how old is your child? PM me too, i most willing to listen and also shared my story with you.

littlematchgirl

Hi, so have you found a job yet? You can share your story with me too...

fiiefiie

how do u deal with colleagues who look down on u? i changed job recently.. and when i told my colleagues about myself.. they make v v nasty remarks.. like not married can give birth 1 meh? so young can give birth arh? father leh? this kind of stuff... and i dont dare to tell other colleagues anymore.. cos my office is really quite big

ceratoforte

how do you deal with colleagues who look down on you? i changed job recently.. and when i told my colleagues about myself.. they make very very nasty remarks.. like not married can give birth 1 meh? so young can give birth ? father ? this kind of stuff... and i dont dare to tell other colleagues anymore.. cos my office is really quite big
Just don't bother about all this nasty remarks by them, I just find that this kind of people don't have any concern for new colleague

Try not to share too much of your personal stuff with your colleague, especially you won't know what comments will they go and share it around in the office

fiiefiie

at first it was like some casual convo.. eg. they will ask what u do over the weekend. n I said. oh bring my daughter to the movie.
and the horror starts :(

ceratoforte

at first it was like some casual convo.. eg. they will ask what you do over the weekend. n I said. oh bring my daughter to the movie.
and the horror starts :(
Don't bother about them, most importantly don't let them spoil your mood some of the people in the office love to be kaypo to dig out those new colleague status and problem which I find them disgusted

fiiefiie

thanks.. :)
so now actually i met this new bunch of colleagues n they are v nice.. at least till now. i get v wary of ppl sometimes :/
i wonder should i, tell them about myself?

ceratoforte

thanks.. :)
so now actually i met this new bunch of colleagues n they are very nice.. at least till now. i get very wary of ppl sometimes :/
i wonder should i, tell them about myself?
You can tell them about yourself, but not too much into the details furthermore if you want to start a topic maybe you can ask them what they think of a single mum? So if they give some nasty remarks or some bad remarks I doubt you should share more of your things with them

New colleague is always must be wary, especially when you aren't around you won't know what gossip they will talk behind you

Ting

although there is nth proud abt being a single mum, but i dont shun from it.. bcos it is a fact and a fact that i have already accepted since the day i decided to be one. =) of cos, it is nvr easy to tell someone u dont know well right in the face: hey, im a single mum! but still, ppl who uds will uds... if someone looks down n pass u nasty remarks becos u r a single mum, then this person doesnt deserve any of your time.
its not something glamourous, but it is nothing shameful as well. i used to be defensive when i "feel" tt ppl r commenting n gossiping abt me behind my back.. but then.. after a while, i come to accept that i cannot stop or control what they are thinking. so far, i havent met any colleague who gossiped behind my back yet...well, at least not tt i know of.. maybe they did a gd job in hiding it.. but life goes on. as long as i bring my child up well, why bother what they say? they can only hurt us as much as we allow them to.
i have very nice colleagues who asked me frequently abt my girl, and always buy things for her when they travel overseas.. which i feel really warm n nice.. =)

whenever ppl comment: oh, u marry so young, i just smile smile lo? but if they ask further, i would just say, nope, not married. becos it wasnt a wise decision to. i made 1 mistake, and i shldnt continue deeper into the 2nd one, which is to marry my ex. and im very glad of that decision, becos although having my daughter was my best decision in life, not marrying my ex was the wisest decision i made. to err is human, no one has the right to judge u base on this... its not like u hv done anything wrong right? =)