Any single mums got the house herself during divorce?

dolphin38

Hi need some info...any single mums out there was given the house and child custody by the court? I am looking for single mums in Singapore n was awarded the house too after divorce by the court. Anyone? If yes is base on wat situation u r given the house?

Triple

Alpha Male
House is considered matrimonial asset, and is to be divided according to the contribution.
HDB rules say only the spouse with care and control of the kid is entitled to keep the house, but that does not means FOC get everything.
Will be a debt to the other spouse, but not necessarily mean pay off immediately.

scarletng

I was given the custody, care & control my daughter but the house, still under both our name, I need to pay the monthly installament all by myself.

huihui32

I have sole custody/ care and control . And also the flat . March just do the flat of transfer name . Now is sole owner of the flat too

Mummies who gets sole custody pls share is there any specific reason that you get sole custody? I would like to fight sole custody for my son too. Thanks

huihui32

how I got my sole custody is my ex give up. no need fight . if both parent do not have any violent record to the kid . judge will normally say joint custody , cos divorce is adult thing nothing to do with kid. the child still have father love and mummy love.

JoyceSeow

It depend if you have assets and kids also. Your ex willing to compromise or fight or everything. If not, self file is quite easy for non contested divorce.

dolphin38

Hi self file meaning? I just go lawyer and do divorce myself? No nd the father to b around? Huihui32... Hw u get ur flat? Hw u tel judge? Or ur lawyer do for u? Which law firm u go?

huihui32

I engage to a private lawyer. I never files me self. cos I do not know and also lost and worry that time. all the lawyer do . the lawyer will inform the father if u wan to divorce. u can pm me too if u wan to know more. :)