Any smokers mummies?

Yingver07

Hi, anyone going thru the same situation as me?

I just realize that I'm preggy last few days. But still not able to quit smoking immediately. But decide to quit once I finished with my last pack.

karen511

Hi, anyone going thru the same situation as me?

I just realize that I'm preggy last few days. But still not able to quit smoking immediately. But decide to quit once I finished with my last pack.
I'm just like you but once you finished one pack you will continue to have second pack.. my case is due to bleeding then I stop completely at once. Lucky me, I'm now in my 32 weeks, bb is growing well:)

Once stop, my bleeding stop too...

Yingver07

I'm just like you but once you finished one pack you will continue to have second pack.. my case is due to bleeding then I stop completely at once. Lucky me, I'm now in my 32 weeks, baby is growing well:)

Once stop, my bleeding stop too...
Hi Karen,

I'll definitely quit by next week. Cant afford to take the risk for our selfishness too :) So hope it goes well. I'll be going for my 1st appt with gynae this sat. Maybe I'll stop immediately on Sat :)

karen511

Hi Karen,

I'll definitely quit by next week. Cant afford to take the risk for our selfishness too :) So hope it goes well. I'll be going for my 1st appt with gynae this sat. Maybe I'll stop immediately on Sat :)
Hi Yingver07, I agree with you better dun take the risk. Congratulation to you and wish you all the best! Cheers!!

mamaphua

hi me too and im 7 weeks plus pregnant. after you hear your baby's heartbeat, i think you will think twice before smoking.:)

engel

Was smoking heavily 6 mths into my 1st pregnancy; didn't manage to quit due to bad discipline and bloody high stressed job...
Luckily, still managed to have a wonderful girl at 19 mths now that's active :)

Only managed to go cold turkey when having my #2.
The difference in sizes between them is obvious... #2 ; now at 5 mths, is much heavier and bigger in size than my elder at that age...

No ciggies definitely much better for their growth wise...:/
The plus is of course the extra moo lah ull save..:) haha... Works out to more than 300 bucks a mth for me to splurge on them:D

Last edited:

Yingver07

hi me too and im 7 weeks plus pregnant. after you hear your baby's heartbeat, i think you will think twice before smoking.:)
Hi mamaphua, yea i think so too. But i'm smoking few puffs rather than few sticks everyday le. Maybe after listening to baby's heartbeat i'll stop :)

mamaphua

Hi mamaphua, yea i think so too. But i'm smoking few puffs rather than few sticks everyday . Maybe after listening to baby's heartbeat i'll stop :)
Jiayou! Not easy, but I think we can do it:) few more months to go only.
But from what I heard from smokers friends who to pregnant,
They online smoke and gradually at a certain stage will not feel like
Smoking at all already. Maybe because baby cannot take the smell(;

Yingver07

Jiayou! Not easy, but I think we can do it:) few more months to go only.
But from what I heard from smokers friends who to pregnant,
They online smoke and gradually at a certain stage will not feel like
Smoking at all already. Maybe because baby cannot take the smell(;
Mine still long, got alot of months to go. Only getting 2 months :)

mamaphua

i think our EDD should be the same day or few days difference. But need to ask gynae how many week actually i'm into on my 2nd appt.
Well, I think we should be around the same. My second Gynae visit is on the third next month:) so you don't know how far are you along already?

Yingver07

Well, I think we should be around the same. My second Gynae visit is on the third next month:) so you don't know how far are you along already?
How come wait till so long? My 2nd appt is 2 weeks after my first. From my calculation should be into 8 weeks already. But when i went for 1st appt gynae said it's abt 3-4 weeks when i calculate should be in 6 weeks le. So i'm confused & don't know how my bb is growing into which stage exactly.

mamaphua

How come wait till so long? My 2nd appt is 2 weeks after my first. From my calculation should be into 8 weeks already. But when i went for 1st appt gynae said it's about 3-4 weeks when i calculate should be in 6 weeks . So i'm confused & dont't know how my baby is growing into which stage exactly.
First Gynae visit never scan? Caus I just went for my first Gynae visit on Monday.
Scheduled it purposely after 7 weeks caus can scan and hear heartbeat. If not,
I think it's a bit of waste of money.. So my next gynae visit is 3 weeks after. Should be 10weeks already. Hopefully can see the hands and legs:) Where do you go to check?

Yingver07

First Gynae visit never scan? Caus I just went for my first Gynae visit on Monday.
Scheduled it purposely after 7 weeks caus can scan and hear heartbeat. If not,
I think it's a bit of waste of money.. So my next gynae visit is 3 weeks after. Should be 10weeks already. Hopefully can see the hands and legs:) Where do you go to check?
Got...that's when my gynae scan he say very small just a tiny dot so he roughly gauge is abt 3 to 4 weeks old. Go earlier is good too so that they can prescribe you the supplements etc folic acid & vitamins.

mamaphua

Got...that's when my gynae scan he say very small just a tiny dot so he roughly gauge is about 3 to 4 weeks old. Go earlier is good too so that they can prescribe you the supplements etc folic acid & vitamins.
My hubby abit kiasu. So when we found out that I'm pregnant we immediately get the vitamins and supplements already, including the milk for pregnant ladies. Hehe:) good luck on your second check up. But anyway they should already know how many weeks you're pregnant counting from your last mestrual date.

Yingver07

My hubby abit kiasu. So when we found out that I'm pregnant we immediately get the vitamins and supplements already, including the milk for pregnant ladies. Hehe:) good luck on your second check up. But anyway they should already know how many weeks you're pregnant counting from your last mestrual date.
Ya. He should be..so i also dont know why. My LMP is on 21 oct. When's yours?