Any solution to solve long term cough for infant?

carol lim

Hi mummies,

My 4mth old bb seems to cough for quite some times despite we hve given the medicine prescribed by doc. Any one have a better way of handling such problems? My in-laws claimed I've taken too long time to bath my bb:( which is not true. She now suggest I shld give my bb some chinese medicine............:embarrassed:

diymummy

Is the cough phlegmy? If it is you can cup your hand and pat your baby's back. After a while your baby should vomit out the phlegm and he will feel better.

If your in laws wanna try chinese medicine, I had a friend who bought hou ning for her dotter. It worked well for her but I've personally not tried it.

carol lim

Sound like...the doc said his lung clear....said it's ok but he keeps coughing even taken the medicine.....Thks, thkg to take the chinese medicine if all things dun work.....

pinkapple

take chinese med ok what.

in fact, better than angmo med.
angmo med is mainly chemicals.
chinese med are herbals and other natural stuff. less side effect.

plus chinese med tends to treat the root of the prob instead of angmo med which treats the symptoms.

blackpiggy

My son also cough quite often almost everyday. But it's mainly because he choked on his own saliva. If it's not phelgmy or with running nose shouldn't be a big worry

bellehuang

My boy is currently 3 months old, his cough is phelgmy and he seems to have sore throat. Always feeding him milk but he cries halfway like swallowing milk seems to be a torture. Help anyone? Plz text me instead. Really worried. Thanks mommies. 92969086

blackpiggy

Last time when I brought my son to the dr he said babies won't have sore throats. Maybe the milk flow is too fast or too slow for him that's why he fussed. Also babies below 6 months seldom will get sick unless too much contact (with sick people), so have to take note to wash hands and wear mask if hubby or you are sick when handling baby. If baby really sick should bring to see a dr for proper treatment :)