Any TBF SAHM with 2 kids and no help?

Hi all,

Any of you in this situation? How do you cope with total breastfeeding, taking care of a young preschooler and teaching her, housekeeping and cooking?:wong13:

autumn82

I used to. Until I can't take it, gave up tbf DS.. Too tiring.
But I know of quite a few mums did it! So u can also do it ya!! Jia you :)

EnFlor

I experienced that last time. With my new born then, my older two 4+ and 2+ ...and they were active boys. On my own most times, and just ended my maid's service two months prior to giving birth, had no helper and hb oso out of town most days. Sometimes, felt like i had triplets. :001_302:

During bf time, you just focus completely on that. don't think abt cooking or cleaning the hse. With my young boys, i occupied them with activities when they were awake (watched Barney or Hi-5, colouring, or played with their lego blocks)

You can do it lah, don't give up. And don't think about anything else while bf. Best is to hang up your phone and switch off your mobile. No disturbance, you can bf and watch your young kids at the same time.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I have....
Done it with one toddler (26mths) and one baby as well as with one preschooler (3yo), one toddler (18mths) and a baby.

Its definitely not easy but if you set your priorities right and get extra help it can be done. Expectations about the house have to be lowered and food... well, it was either catered or brought by caring parents or we went out to eat.

I used to nurse on the sofa or bed and have my two other kids cuddle next to us or engage them with books, vcds, puzzles, singing songs, talking about the new arrival and how things haven't really changed.... there are lots of things that you can do - just need to be a little creative. It also helped that I was tandem nursing (#1 and #2/#1 and #3)

hope this helps

stsy_26

I am a SAHM with 2 gals. 3 1/2 and 9 mths old. I think total BF is the easiest - just chuck at breast, anytime, anywhere! :p

I decided when my 2nd one came along that i'll stop cooking. I tingkat my dinners now. But i still cook for the kids cos i dun want them to eat outside food. I find cooking takes up too much time, and i hv to leave the kids alone while i cook. As for rest of the housework, just do whenever u hv the time.

I used to get v flustered abt how to do everything oso... will worry abt the laundry, ironing, floor etc whenever i'm nursing or playing with the kids... until i decided that i'm staying home to look after and nurture THE KIDS, not do housework. So after i put my priorities right, it became easier.

Sure the house is always messy and nvr spick n span, but hey, how to be clean n tidy when u hv pre schoolers who r always full of energy n going thru their toy boxes the whole day?

So far i've been a SAHM for close to 4 yrs, and am loving every minute of it!! Am so sad that my 2nd one is growing up soooo fast!! Oredi feeling like i hvn't enjoyed her as a baby enuf!! :)

jas80

I am a SAHM with 2 gals. 3 1/2 and 9 mths old. I think total BF is the easiest - just chuck at breast, anytime, anywhere! :p

I decided when my 2nd one came along that i'll stop cooking. I tingkat my dinners now. But i still cook for the kids cos i dun want them to eat outside food. I find cooking takes up too much time, and i hv to leave the kids alone while i cook. As for rest of the housework, just do whenever u hv the time.

I used to get v flustered abt how to do everything oso... will worry abt the laundry, ironing, floor etc whenever i'm nursing or playing with the kids... until i decided that i'm staying home to look after and nurture THE KIDS, not do housework. So after i put my priorities right, it became easier.

Sure the house is always messy and nvr spick n span, but hey, how to be clean n tidy when u hv pre schoolers who r always full of energy n going thru their toy boxes the whole day?

So far i've been a SAHM for close to 4 yrs, and am loving every minute of it!! Am so sad that my 2nd one is growing up soooo fast!! Oredi feeling like i hvn't enjoyed her as a baby enuf!! :)
Im facing sum similar as u. i have 2 gers too age 4 and 1....i tbf my 1 yr old ger, but i have helper to clean up the mess and cook. sahm on and off for 5 yrs oredi meaning in between i work as full time yet total sahm due to tbf. so far no prob jus bored nia..