Any thoughts abt the Hungry Ghost Festival ?

cendrine

What's your thoughts about this festival?
Will you tend to avoid anything during this period?

i.e. staying out late? no swimming ? no rubbish talks? not bringing young children out ? walking across the grass patch w joss paper burnt marks ?

Angelmum

1st thing I do on 1st is to buy paper money .... this yr a bit dif cos got 'invite' ancestors tablets home so got prepare some edible. Cos I usually dont make offerings so only relieased on that day morning (after 10am) when smell ppl burning outside. I dashed to mkt with DD to grab bags of stuff - so heavy!!

Personally, I try not to hang out late but last time working no choice lor. I dont dare watch horror/ghost shows at any time of the year cos my imginations will drive me crazy and end up sleepless nights.

I wont go 'G' hunt for sure .... saw newspapers reporting ppl enjoy such challanges.

Walking across the grass patch w joss paper burnt marks - no no. If no other pathway, will say sorry and walk pass.

Mon_Mon

My family (HB & me) will burn some incense and joss papers on the 1st and last day plus some prayers. Taught by our parents :)

I will avoid stepping over burnt joss paper as well. That would be all the "precautions" that I will take. Will still continue my routines and life as per normal. Don't really try to avoid doing anything in particular.

I feel that the more things you avoid the more tense and scare you are so I prefer to carry on my life as per normal.