Any1 EDD in May 09?

huiyin87

thank ger-mummy...
but only got the rather general information only..
any mummies went to baby fair expo b4 and clinged good deals dere?

LoVeS

Actually my hubby dun intend to get any playpen, cot or sarong. He said let bb slp with mi when born till she can slp alone (he slp on the floor with thin mattress.) Bcoz his back gt prob and also due to his job tat y i insist buy any of those.

Also heard that if bb slp with us will regonise our smell den next time difficult to let nanny or anyone take care? izzit TRUE?
Actually it all depends on individual bb~ Sum ppl r ok wif anyone while sum r nt~ BUT for sure they can recognize their mummy's smell~

Slp wif u can b gd n bad~ Gd as in the bb will feel secure wif mummy ard but bad is tat it will bcome a habit tat he wan to slp wif u only~ If nxt time u wan ur hubby help take care of bb so he slp wif bb which the bb might nt wan it bcoz bb is used to slp wif ya alrdy~

LoVeS

hey cheyenne, mine same edd as u! will aso be delivering at thomson, and is aso a boy.. but this is my 1st bb..
haven bought anything yet, haiz~

normally for baby cots, strollers, and yao lan, do they provide delivery?
or these are cash n carry de?

and aso expo baby fair is organised by who de?
really will be cheaper alot?
me staying at boon lay lo, if travel all e way to expo but the prices aso not much diff, then might as well i buy from kiddy palace @ jp..
so far i nv heard of got delivery one wor~ U haf to carry back urself regardless where u buy it frm~

forbearing

ya i think there wont be delivery ba..
my room dont have enough space to place in a cot..
so sad..
most of m furniture are those dead ones..
cannot move already..
so we cant shift to make space..
i think bo bian i have to go with sarong already..
sigh..
see what my hubby say ..

i think my MIL will also question those thigns that i buy..
when i told her i wanna engage the malay massage lady.. she told me no use 1..
then she ask me to wear sleeveless top and shorts when doing confinement!!
i tot we should be wearing long pants and long sleeve ??
haha..
so weird hor~

janellechew

ya i think there wont be delivery ba..
my room dont have enough space to place in a cot..
so sad..
most of m furniture are those dead ones..
cannot move already..
so we cant shift to make space..
i think bo bian i have to go with sarong already..
sigh..
see what my hubby say ..

i think my MIL will also question those thigns that i buy..
when i told her i wanna engage the malay massage lady.. she told me no use 1..
then she ask me to wear sleeveless top and shorts when doing confinement!!
i tot we should be wearing long pants and long sleeve ??
haha..
so weird hor~
my MIL ask me to wear long pants and long sleeve leh, in case wind go inside our bodies and then suffer when old leh.

ger-mummy

Y wear sleeveless & short?

My mum & mil and those relatives said die die must wear long sleeve & long pants leh (they advice buy pyjamas, haha...) I think ur mil is super modern type or she scare u smelly coz cant bath for 1st two week mah... But hor, if BF how can dun bath rt? really confuse...

LoVeS

Y wear sleeveless & short?

My mum & mil and those relatives said die die must wear long sleeve & long pants leh (they advice buy pyjamas, haha...) I think ur mil is super modern type or she scare u smelly coz cant bath for 1st two week mah... But hor, if BF how can dun bath rt? really confuse...
sum ppl use herbs to bath~ which is allowed~

forbearing

ya can use herbs but it better to bath after 2 week and bath with herbs. This is wat my ah ma, mum & mil said....

she say wear sleeveless coz more "liang"..
like that = direct contact of air??
i dont know what she thinking also..
then she say die die 1 WHOLE MONTH cannot bath..
only can wipe body..
i really wanna faint..
luckily 1 of my friend did her confinement and said that she is allowed to bath once she came back from hospital..
just that need to boil the herbs..
then hair she can wash after 12/14th days..
hope my hubby will debate with his mum..
if not i will die of stinkiness~ OMG:elvis:

LoVeS

she say wear sleeveless coz more "liang"..
like that = direct contact of air??
i dont know what she thinking also..
then she say die die 1 WHOLE MONTH cannot bath..
only can wipe body..
i really wanna faint..
luckily 1 of my friend did her confinement and said that she is allowed to bath once she came back from hospital..
just that need to boil the herbs..
then hair she can wash after 12/14th days..
hope my hubby will debate with his mum..
if not i will die of stinkiness~ OMG:elvis:
U can ask ur hubby to tell ur mil tat using herbs to bath is confinement traditional too~ like tat at least u can bath~ If ur breast feeding i tink hygiene wise is important lah~

ger-mummy

if cannot bath think next time no one wanna giv birth liao... my mil oni said 1st 2 week dun bath, but she give way lah coz i told her i wanna BF mah den if dun bath how to BF. Like Loves said hygience is most imp if BF.

forbearing

U can ask ur hubby to tell ur mil tat using herbs to bath is confinement traditional too~ like tat at least u can bath~ If ur breast feeding i tink hygiene wise is important lah~

told her already..
then she say "mei you la..zhou yue bu ke yi cong liang de la" -_-"
what to do?
i told her i wanna breast feed..then she say can wash your breast..
but cannot wash your body..
~FAINT~

ger-mummy

u told her u dunno how to "JUST" wash breast. Breast also part of our body liao juz bath fast lor since can wash breast... Ur mil allow u to wear shorts and sleeveless but not bathing... she really funny...

u engage any CL?

forbearing

u told her u dunno how to "JUST" wash breast. Breast also part of our body liao juz bath fast lor since can wash breast... Ur mil allow u to wear shorts and sleeveless but not bathing... she really funny...

u engage any CL?
dont know also..see what my ah lao say lo..
CL ar..she say no use 1..
i think she should be the 1 doing confinement for me..
thinking of my confinement makes me so headache lo~
sigh :nah:

Cheyenne

Hi Huiyin, went for check up last night, gynane said would be at least 1-2 week early, hence new EDD is mid May (was hoping for early Jun).

Package with gyane is the 4 bedded @ Thomson, but will be upgraded to 2 bed room.

I'm going to cater for confinement food and sourcing some website now for comparison.

Also, can any one share where to buy those herbs for bathing ? Normal chinese medical hall shop got sell ? What is it call ?

ger-mummy

i also din engage any CL, my mil will help me

but will she help u look after bb in the nite time?

My mum will come in the morning till evening help me look after bb so i can rest in the morning. mil will also look after lah but scare she cant cope tat y i look after in the nite (i am a owl in the nite).

juz to let u noe tat if no one look after bb while confinement, u will be very tire like my cousin she fell ill during confinement...

so better discuss with ur hubby. u need to take more rest during confinement...

LoVeS

SO headache sia~ i really like mt a so much but yet my gynae told me mt a dun allow ligation so cant delivery at mt a~ Sianz sia~ no idea how is the ward at tmc sia~

ger-mummy

Loves,

u can go for hospital tour at tmc. i personally feel ok with it. but heard mt a. is cheaper den tmc leh? any idea?

i discuss with my hubby but he juz said "u like can le"... aiyo...

LoVeS

Loves,

u can go for hospital tour at tmc. i personally feel ok with it. but heard mt a. is cheaper den tmc leh? any idea?

i discuss with my hubby but he juz said "u like can le"... aiyo...
prob is we dun haf the time to go hospital tour~ I really love my last stay at mt a but i guess got no choice as mt a is a catholic hospital so they dun allow ligation or abortion to b done there :embarrassed:

ger-mummy

oic... the labour ward is 2nd floor... the rest of room is located at storey 3-6 with ( every storey have their own nursery). But bow they gt more 4 bedded rm le as they renovate and will finish renovation in March. Each storey will have abt 10 single bedded rm, 4-5 2bedded rm & about 3-4 4bedded rm... so chances of auto-upgrade is less now... FYI, only the main door next to delifrance open 24 hr, the rest of the side door will close at 10p.m open next morning 7a.m (if i din rem wrong, i went last fri) they also have super deluxe and executive room which situated at 6th floor... if weekday cant go, go on sat lor @ 11a.m...