Anybody got relative who takes advantages of u?

shiyi

I have a relative who likes to take advantage of their own family people.... The whole family like to borrow money from other relatives and then never return back the money. Dont know why whole family got this kind of pattern... Like to borrow money from others and then dont pay back. When you ask them to return back the money, then they will say: I thought u give me one?

Where got people will give you money for no reason? Too bad nv ask them write IOU so cannot take back the money cus they say you give them. LOL.

Because they nv set good examples for their kids now their children also behave same way- go ard borrowing money from their aunties and uncles but dont pay back the money. Rather go buy expensive bag/clothes, and shopping than paying back. They dont feel shameful one.. They feel that it is ok to take money from others as if people owe them a living seriously.

I just hope this bad habit dont pass down to the next generation.
they arent working? its frustrating. u guys should stop giving them money

Edwinie

what goes around comes around.
when they really need the money for emergency and no one is willing to lend them, then they might know what they did wrong.

sunflowerseed

their kids are also doing the same?! what kind of things have they been teaching the kids sia.

i think if the kids come borrow from me i will ask them to pass message back to their parents say borrowing and not returning is a big NO NO!

noelsmum

Of course there are always black sheep in the family. My dad's brother borrows money from everyone in the family. But I have to say that when he's doing fine, he did help out. But that was ages ago. He squanders whatever money he has on his children that are old enough to work part time if they want a psp or whatever gadgets. 2 years or so ago he proudly told my mum that he earned lots by selling his flat and moving into a rental apartment. I was like, errmmmm....when the money runs out, what is he going to do. Sure enough, after squandering his money, he's trying to borrow money again. When my mum said no to him, he turned and asked her to borrow money from me instead! Of course, my mum was smart enough to say no.

yumitan

Yah have lol.. But not in terms of money.. Their son is 2 months younger than my DD so I very sway have to share things like sterilizer, breast pump, baby shower stuffs, milk bottles detergent and brush and in the end will become theirs or I have to buy brand new ones for them because I don't like sharing items like breastpump and sterilizer. And surprisingly my mil keep very quiet and say nothing. Can you imagine I have to pay for their baby and mine? Everything have to x2 !!!! They even bring my stuffs back to their house (I live with in laws and my in laws taking care of their son). Few months ago I gave birth to 2nd kid and they didn't even return my stuffs even though they are not using it anymore. They keep quiet and act blur. So unlucky to have this kind of relative.

Carlisle

I have experienced this too and it is soooo ggrrrr!!!! How I wish I can run into their house and asked them for what they owed me. Wish I can do that! I am not good in asking payments or something. I think I need to learn doing it, for my own sake. :shyxxx:

yumitan

eh ya lor some people really so not "automatic" one. Can consider ourselves sway lor. Its so ridiculous of them to sort of want you to finance their child needs. So crazy. If i were you, i will draw a very clear line between them. No choice liao. what they wanna gossip is their problem.
no choice leh .. if i dont share they say i selfish and i am in the wrong.. sigh
if they greedy, my mil say because they are saving up.. wth.. save up for what? these kind of money wanna save and leech on me.
they got their own house, and i am here trying to save up for my own house lor !!

noelsmum

no choice leh .. if i dont share they say i selfish and i am in the wrong.. sigh
if they greedy, my mil say because they are saving up.. wth.. save up for what? these kind of money wanna save and leech on me.
they got their own house, and i am here trying to save up for my own house lor !!
Seriously, let them talk if they want. Why bother? Look after your interests. If you dont, who will?

yumitan

Ya totally agree with you. Just let them say what they want cus they are the shameless one so who cares :)
Well initially I got really affected by what they say. But now I heck care, as long as I know it's for the benefit of my kids I will just do it..