Anyone ate fruits during confinement period?

PinkDiamonds

I took fruits during my confinement, encouraged by my mother although there were other confinement rules I had to abide to. I don't recall any negative effects. Was BFing so I think it's important to be well nutritioned. I gave birth in May so the weather was VERY hot, and to have some fruits not only helped to cool my body, it also hydrated my body.

However, I know that some are against eating fruits during confinement as they may be too cooling for the body. If you want to avoid fruits, then I believe you can still get your nutrients from other food sources. :)

candy_ian

i didn't do v traditional confinement n i rem taking orange, pear, apple, strawberries, honey dew.. Hmm i did rem durians too..

apple_san

Thanks for replied.. I just ate an orange today while my in law is out and hubby is sleeping... Haha... Is a type of enjoying... :Dancing_wub:

apollo

i ate fruits EVERYDAY during confinement. my mum bought diffe fruits for me. like oranges, apples, pears, cherries........ i also drink plenty of water everyday... no water retention at all. in fact i lost 10kilo within 2 weeks and i only gained 9kilo+ during confinement... i only believe tt insufficient water will cause water retention and not vice versa unless u take a pail of water everyday =)

i took apples daily, but my CL say apple must defroze if kept in fridge (not good to take cold stuff).

I heard her saying during confinement cannot take grapes, pomelo and some other fruits (which i can't recall le)

uddermummy

i ate fruits and basically a whole lot of other stuff that i'm not supposed to during confinement. :p

I'm still alive and kicking, didn't face any prob with water retention etc. :)

btw, water retention isn't due to the intake of too much water, but has got more to do with our intake of salt. So if you're worried about water retention, cut down on salt, not water.

you need water and fruits to help you with your bowel movements. You wouldn't want to strain too much cos your wounds will hurt a lot!

hakisumi

i took ONE banana during confinement..LOL... my sis say scare got wind..
but i did eat mango during 3rd week...

water retention is due to lack of of water.. not bcos body got too much water..