Anyone been to GENTING lately?

veronica

As above? Anyone been lately by coach? Can share how long is the journey and traffic ? Very heavy jam??

How about the theme park ? Is it very far away from Resort Hotel? Which hotel is better?

We plan to go on Public Holiday. How about traffic and queuing time for rides??

NEVEr been there before :001_302:. Thanks.

Porukadotzu

As above? Anyone been lately by coach? Can share how long is the journey and traffic ? Very heavy jam??

How about the theme park ? Is it very far away from Resort Hotel? Which hotel is better?

We plan to go on Public Holiday. How about traffic and queuing time for rides??

NEVEr been there before :001_302:. Thanks.
Hii, i've been to Genting but not recently thou, i remember about 6-7 hrs by coach, coz frm sgp to KL takes around 5 hr, then add about 1-2 hr to genting highland. We stay at the First World hotel which is inside the theme park, but the room not fancy thou, very compact and really not fancy hahha.. no view and stuff.. no aircon coz it was already cold. But in the room got a big fan i remember.. Hot water drink also self service. Never try to stay at the other hotel around the area..

But the good thing is this hotel right above the theme land, so u just go down the lift and there you go.. can go shop or play or gamble..:tlaugh:

veronica

Hii, i've been to Genting but not recently thou, i remember about 6-7 hrs by coach, coz frm sgp to KL takes around 5 hr, then add about 1-2 hr to genting highland. We stay at the First World hotel which is inside the theme park, but the room not fancy thou, very compact and really not fancy hahha.. no view and stuff.. no aircon coz it was already cold. But in the room got a big fan i remember.. Hot water drink also self service. Never try to stay at the other hotel around the area..

But the good thing is this hotel right above the theme land, so u just go down the lift and there you go.. can go shop or play or gamble..:tlaugh:
Thanks. But do you know if it's far if we stay at other hotel like Resort hotel? I was told Resort Hotel room is better..

funfantastic4

Went there about a month back......drove there....stayed at First World. In a way easy....cos theme park is there....but u shd see the queue just to check in....it took us almost 2hrs....even had time to have a lunch! Hotel room very minimal. Just for sleeping....that's ALL!!!!!:wong20:

But one thing....very expensive....hehehehe...maybe because i cheapo....but imagine....a lunch for 5 pax costs us RM60 :wong7: ......and we're not even eating @ a restuarant.....Marry Brown or smthg! Heartpain! :wecry: If I go again next time....I'll definitely bring my own food.....especially snacks.

Recommand never to go during school holidays...both Malaysia and Singaproe...cos very crowded (so happened we went there during the March hols).....queue can be quite long.....very frustating.

Rides...OK lah.....since Singapore got nothing to offer yet! But children's ride can be quite limited and not to mention must be at least 1.2m for some rides.....especially those rides that they can go on their own! Adult rides....not bad.....

huiling

hi,i've go quite a few times(april,july & dec'07).i think no matter u stay which hotel also e same as all e hotel is linked..jus had to walk a bit lor....also can c more things mah....

hpoo

Re: I took the elevator

I've just went to genting last wkend, when i'm 34wks pregnant, hahaha :)

I would recommend to stay in First World Hotel cos it's more convenient and nearer to the shppg area. Also, most of the restaurant or food outlets are located at First World.

Though it was the school holiday but the queue at the theme park was still acceptable, about 15 mins wait for each ride. Brought my son to the bowling centre too, each game at RM$6, quite affordable. And if you are staying at First World Hotel, upon presenting your room pass, you get a bowling game FREE !!

Re: I took the elevator

Is my 1st trip to genting, i went there 2 weeks back, i went with SO stay @ 1st world hotel, 2nd tower, convenient for both shopper & gambler... ...room clean, nt fancy & no air con as the weather there is cooling, is best to bring along extra long sleeve t-shirt...shopping, nt bad though nt all super trendy stuffs there bt if u dun mind abt the nt so IN fashion, bags/slippers/pants still can buy... as is in RINGGITS mah...i like the food too juz abit ex....

eyemee

stayed in kl in june than decide to go genting for day trip...

hahah... when there sunday and when we want to purchase the return ticket
for their last bus to kl the pudu,kl central,pasar rakyat all sold out... only to gombak(putra lrt)....

usually we will buy the return ticket first agak2 the time we want to return la.... but tat day forgotten...

when i was younger, my parents used to bring me there durin d sch holiday.. we normally stay at 1st world hotel n ya d queue to check in was like ages.. d hotel though is near d indoor theme park, food restaurants n shoppin mall.. nice n relaxin place..:tlaugh:

teresa

I use to bring my son to genting during school holiday is very fun there. the journey there from singapore take about six hours. i perfer 1st world hotel as it close to the theme park and plaza. if you are the genting world card member you can try book the world club room. the room is big nice and affordable.:tlaugh: