Anyone deliver in KKH lately?

ebi

Dear mommy/daddy,

Mind to share your recent labour experience with KK and its price?

I am a first time MTB, currently at abt 26wks, my doctor is from KK, so likely I would be deliver my baby in KK, but heard a lot of negative comment abt KK, so a bit hesitate whether to change doctor/hospital..

Ting

for me, i delivered 2 years agom but my experience there was still ok.
but many mum here would prefer mt A. i guess my next child might try Mt A instead. :)

ebi, are you a private or subsidised patient?
i also heard lots of bad reviews on their services but also heard that for private patients service not too bad.
but i will still deliver at KK cos i like my gynae.

for delivery fees and room rates you can email them Maternity_Package@kkh.com.sg
state whether u private or sub patient and citizen or pr.

ebi

I am a previate patient I guess, as I see my doctor in private suite... yeah me too I like the doctor and don't want to switch in the middle of my pregnancy, so .... want to hear more for the whose have delivery expereince in KK

adoncia

i m a subsidised patient and the svc was good! i delivered twice at kkh and both experience was excellent! ;) since you are a private patient, you shld be receiving excellent svc too... :D

NuR_iRfAn

Hi ebi,

I delivered my son last yr at KKH....I took Private...
Anw,I have gd experienced there....

WinnieL

I'll be delivering at KKH next Feb. A subsidised patient, and so far, my experience has been pretty ok. The nurses are nice, and the doctors are helpful in answering all my queries too. I did a checkup once previously at the private suite too, and the nurses there were patient with me too. so no complains.

k-mom

i delivered on 2 sep 09 in b1 class (private patient). the service was excellent. all the nurses were great and knowledgeable (especially about breastfeeding) and the nursery staff were also very good. my gynae, dr ml yeap, came to see me every day while i was warded to check on my progress.

i had an emergency c-section and stayed an extra night (total 4 nights) as my daughter was warded for phototherapy due to jaundice. she had to stay one more night (total 5 nights) after i was discharged. total bill for me came to about $6k and after deducting medisave and my deposit, kk returned about $300 to me. bill for daughter was about $1500 so after deducting my husband's medisave, we only had to top up about $13.

i had initially heard horror stories of kk but am glad that my experience proved otherwise. hope your delivery goes well too and you receive great support from the staff/doctor :)

k-mom

oh the only thing i would complain about was the strict 2-visitor policy and the temp staff that managed the visitor registration at the lobby. the handling of the visitor passes was badly organized and one of the passes assigned to me went missing so the temp staff kept claiming i had an extra visitor with me when i hadn't so they tried to prevent my friends/relatives from coming up. but my friends/relatives managed to argue their way up anyway. also, my husband gave up registering at the reception desk after a while and just walked past the queue to the lifts, and noone stopped him :).

i'm not sure if they are as strict about this policy now as i understand that they have already ceased the temperature monitoring.

i delivered on 2 sep 09 in b1 class (private patient). the service was excellent. all the nurses were great and knowledgeable (especially about breastfeeding) and the nursery staff were also very good. my gynae, dr ml yeap, came to see me every day while i was warded to check on my progress.

i had an emergency c-section and stayed an extra night (total 4 nights) as my daughter was warded for phototherapy due to jaundice. she had to stay one more night (total 5 nights) after i was discharged. total bill for me came to about $6k and after deducting medisave and my deposit, kk returned about $300 to me. bill for daughter was about $1500 so after deducting my husband's medisave, we only had to top up about $13.

i had initially heard horror stories of kk but am glad that my experience proved otherwise. hope your delivery goes well too and you receive great support from the staff/doctor :)
glad to hear that the nurses there are nice and knowledgeable..

i want to ask you regarding your hospital fees, $6k is paid in cash is it? as in after minus medisave and deposit??
is quite shockingly expensive considering that KK is goverment hospital though B1 is private..

sunflowerlady

i delivered my ger at KK 9 yrs ago..

even though it was 9 yrs ago, at dat time, their service, my gynae, & midwife are already EXCELLENT then...

Last edited:

moomoo85

Hi mummies,

I delivered my boy at KKH this year April. Service was very good as in every time i press for the bell, the nurse in charge will come in within 2mins or so.

The only thing that "AMAZED" me and husband was my "midwife"
When i was having contractions, she told me to "push"
(that time i was in pain, so no strength to push) then my "midwife" told me
"if u dun want to try pushing, then u wait for the next 30mins then try to push again "THEN SHE WALKED OUT FROM THE ROOM LEAVING ONLY ME AND HUSBAND) We were so shocked !

Ting

glad to hear that the nurses there are nice and knowledgeable..

i want to ask you regarding your hospital fees, $6k is paid in cash is it? as in after minus medisave and deposit??
is quite shockingly expensive considering that KK is goverment hospital though B1 is private..
i think she meant that the bill came to her in 6K but she only paid 13bucks in cash. cos mostly deducted thru her medisave, n her child's deducted from her hubby medisave.

karoru

i think she meant that the bill came to her in 6K but she only paid 13bucks in cash. cos mostly deducted thru her medisave, and her child's deducted from her hubby medisave.
but i tot max can only deduct $2,100 from our medisave?? i m also concerned about how much to top up...

i think she meant that the bill came to her in 6K but she only paid 13bucks in cash. cos mostly deducted thru her medisave, and her child's deducted from her hubby medisave.
but sounds like too good to be true just paying $13 in cash??
cos was told that cesarean only can claim $3200, unless can deduct from both her medisave and her hubby's??

i gave birth to my girl in KKH in May 09... Gynea, nurses, midwife are awesome, very good and attentive... but the only thing that till now i was still not satisfied was when i was in labour pain, but ready to push only waiting for my gynea to come, 1 nurse ( guess she is from China due to her accent) keep pushing the laughing gas mask to me which i do not want as it makes me dizzy.... luckily midwife scolded her and asked her to go out of the room..
Overall everything is fine... i love my gynea..so i will still go back... Btw i am under the private scheme..

Satellite

I delivered at Kandang Kerbau Hospital in late April this year. I would highly recommend it!

Everything went like clockwork. I was a subsidised patient ie Clinic B. Tried the private suite once but felt that the only benefits were the free coffe and nice sofa. Prefered the nurses at Clinic B and the fact that I didn't have to carry my urine stick test all teh way from the toilet to the consultation room. But I chose the Premium ward for delivery.. so had priority and no trainee doctors.

My doc is .. oh I forgot!! (sorry short memory) the ex-head, Tan Kim teng maybe???? The delivery was very good... the midwives helped a lot.. without them, I may not have been able to have a normal delivery.. The doc was good, the epidural good, and they also taught me how to nurse my baby immediately after delivery. The food was good too. (I had the muslim food).

If i have another child, will definitely go there again.

Edit: my bill was very low... even had money returned! ($300 or $600) The total delivery bill was about $4K with epidural, one room bedroom, 3 days (i stayed extra day). Did not take any package for the pregancy stage though so paid as and went I had an appointment.

Last edited:
I had my first baby there over a year ago - felt safer in a big hospital with so many docs of different specialties around throughout the day. haha! Consultations were in Clinic A and waiting time was always manageable. I changed gynae (was with another hospital) cos with the first gynae, the waiting time was unbearably long... Staff was always friendly and efficient.

During delivery, the nurse came to check frequently so it was quite reassuring. Post-partum, I suffered from haemorrhage for about 16 hours and the nurses were checking on me every hour and changing and cleaning all the time - which is good only I didn't get any rest (which I really can't blame them for)

I'm back at Clinic A with my second pregnancy. My gynae seems to have gotten a lot more busy - the place is a lot more crowded and waiting time is a little longer - about 30-40mins(?). So am thinking of switching consultations to TPS. Was there once and the environment is a lot calmer. Service is as good as what I received in Clinic A - which is good. Heard there is more time allocated in between patients at TPS so waiting time is like 15-20mins max (I dont't have very much patience in this aspect... haha!)

adelynn

I've got a different question.
With H1N1, what is the visiting policy for KKH?
Does it make a difference if it's a 1 bedder or 2 bedder?

k-mom

honeylicious, the 6k includes medisave and deposit that i paid when i pre-registered in my 8th month of pregnancy.

i was also expecting to fork out more money and was pleasantly surprised that i got money back ($330plus) for myself and needed only to pay $13 for my baby's additional fees/stay in hospital after deducting from hubby's medisave. i used my own medisave for my fees and hubby's medisave for baby's fees. you can only use one person's medisave per patient.

you can claim more from medisave for c-section than for natural/natural with epidural, and i believe you can also claim a certain amount from medisave per night stay.

adelynn, there are no more 2-bedders in kk. only 1-bedroom (A1) and 4-bedroom (B1). otherwise i would have chosen the 2-bedder :)