Anyone do confinement for yourself?

WEN_9117

HI all,

Can anyone share. Im going to c-sec in early july. Im planning to do everything on my own. But food will catering outside, I need some advise from any mummy also abt this. Did anyone go turn this doing confinement period? And wat r the things im not allow to do during confinement period.

jassmine

i did the confinement myself, with a little help fr DH, basically if u r catering the food from outside have to be careful, check the ingredient... no seafood contain allow..

WEN_9117

i did the confinement myself, with a little help fr DH, basically if u r catering the food from outside have to be careful, check the ingredient... no seafood contain allow..
hI Jasmine,
thanks for ur advise. Did u shower ur bb during the confinment period and the rest of others things.
eg. mop the floor, clean the hse and etc..

anyone managed to take care of baby all alone?
try go this ....

i shower-ed with herb....................................warm water.......... close toilet door.. close room door..........
i shower on day 10..... day 13.... day 16...day 19... day 22. day 25. day 28...
i dunno can annot la... but very hot la............................ every day i wash face.. wipe here wipe there...with warm towel...............

showering baby i dint dare... asked mother in law morning help miie. she only help miie takecare baby for bathing... that's all................. very fragile la..

Last edited:

Spiralng

HI all,

Can anyone share. Im going to c-sec in early july. Im planning to do everything on my own. But food will catering outside, I need some advise from any mummy also abt this. Did anyone go turn this doing confinement period? And wat r the things im not allow to do during confinement period.
Hmmm....first child. Standby all kinds of pacifiers and one rocker chair. I hv 3 kids and different babies hv different habits. Most importantly, try not to carry them.

First 1 MIL house...MISTAKE. BB can't sleep, hv to start carrying from 12am-5am can't sit cos bb will cry and wake whole family.

2nd child in my house hv confinement lady. BB start to make a fuss from 7pm-6am. Heng...I pay the confinement lady to do the job and hv standby rocker chair for her so she dun need to carry. Left 2 weeks she can't tahan and in the end, I am stuck doing my confinement alone.

3rd child in my house hv do confinement myself cos MIL just stayed wif me. This time standby loads of stuff but BB ok...very heng. Eat and sleep every 3 hours. Night time can sleep all the way from 8pm - 6am. I still hv time to surf net, do my face mask and use body scrub when shower.Hee hee...

During confinement, I shower after i came home from the hospital. Boil the herbs and bath. Throughout my confinement, I shower everyday using the herb. In the afternoon, when BB sleeping, I put chicken in the slower cooker to cook soup so dinner can eat. But first week, get my DH to bath baby cos my stitches still not recover. So first week, my job is to eat and sleep.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
WEN_9117 said:
Just wanna highlight that you need to check with the mummies (who have given advices readily here) whether they delivered naturally or via caeserean.

IMHO, you will have a wound with you in the first couple of weeks ... it's important you dun get it wet & end up with an infection, else you can forget about breastfeedig your child ... not becoz you will pass the germs, but becoz you will be under medication which may not be safe for your little one to absorb (via the breastmilk).

Avoiding seafood is most important too ... as it could contribute to an infection on the wound itself, then you're back to square one as described above.

Also, becoz of that wound, only you yourself will know of your own pain threshold ... whether you can take it & still do housework still. Remember ... whatever painkillers you take means you cannot breastfeed, for reasons described above.

Lastly, by doing housework, you are likely to stretch your muscle here & there ... thereby not allowing your wound to recover properly in the shortest time.
:beek: :beek:

WEN_9117

Just wanna highlight that you need to check with the mummies (who have given advices readily here) whether they delivered naturally or via caeserean.

IMHO, you will have a wound with you in the first couple of weeks ... it's important you dun get it wet & end up with an infection, else you can forget about breastfeedig your child ... not becoz you will pass the germs, but becoz you will be under medication which may not be safe for your little one to absorb (via the breastmilk).

Avoiding seafood is most important too ... as it could contribute to an infection on the wound itself, then you're back to square one as described above. Also, becoz of that wound, only you yourself will know of your own pain threshold ... whether you can take it & still do housework still. Remember ... whatever painkillers you take means you cannot breastfeed, for reasons described above.

Lastly, by doing housework, you are likely to stretch your muscle here & there ... thereby not allowing your wound to recover properly in the shortest time.
Hi VroomVroomBoys,

Thanks for ur advise. I will try not touch anything is heavy during the 1st to 2nd wk. Hmm than do u know wat r the things can't be eaten during confinment period or wat.

elmo493

I don't think it is possible to do the confinement yourself, even with you DH help. In the end, you have 2 tired adult and 1 poor baby.
Especially, you are not advise to contact with cold water and if you are having c-sec, won't it be painful to even squat down???

HI all,

sunflowerlady

Avoiding seafood is most important too ... as it could contribute to an infection on the wound itself, then you're back to square one as described above. Also, becoz of that wound, only you yourself will know of your own pain threshold ... whether you can take it & still do housework still. Remember ... whatever painkillers you take means you cannot breastfeed, for reasons described above.

after delivery,confinement is a crucial period. u REALLY need to hve enough REST cos u oso need to breastfeed the bb and take care bb in the nite.

i strongly stop u from doing hsework..as wat vroomx2 boys mentioned. u hve to ensure u don get infection on ur wound.if your wound don recover fast,the frustration is there.:shyxxx:

WEN_9117

I don't think it is possible to do the confinement yourself, even with you DH help. In the end, you have 2 tired adult and 1 poor baby.
Especially, you are not advise to contact with cold water and if you are having c-sec, won't it be painful to even squat down???
hI eLMO493,
than how? Coz this ard Im gtg back to my daddy hse for confinement some of my friends say ok. Coz is better also coz u will have more rest than @ ur own hse.So long like laudary just throw into the wash machine. Than for the mopping use magic clean. Hmm the most important thing I need to do is bath my bb lor during the confinment period + prepare herbs bath for myself lor. Than the rest of others I will wait until later part. Can be done anot huh? Coz @ most my daddy will help me during the night. My DH will look after my son @ home and for me so tat he will distrub me and also i hear some from the old ppl say dun share foods with ur kids during confinement period coz later the child is v.stubborn thinking type. So dun know true anot just follow lor.:elvis:

snowbear

HI all,

I bathed every day after the 7th day coz gynae told me to keep my wound dry and bathe only after a wk after c-sect. Didn't do the housework. Left it to my dh and mil. No lifting heavy things in case you rupture your wound. My mil din allow me to bathe my bb coz she say touch water.. but dun make sense coz i can bathe myself... haha... anyway end up bb so fragile she dare not wear clothes for bb aft the bath and i had to squat down to wear clothes for bb coz the bath mat was on the floor outside the toilet. Very painful wor... so that's 1 more thing you shouldn't do... :tlaugh:

possible. :)

i myself did it... i thought i was alone... till i saw this thread... then i realized there's so many people did it alone...

anyone managed to take care of baby all alone?

sunflowerlady

everyone can take care and do confinement themselves. it shldnt be a problem if

1) someone can bathe bb
2) u don touch hsechores
3) rest as much as u can while bb is slping.

cos 1) during confinement,try nt to touch too much water.
2) doing hsechores will cos muscle straining
3) nt enough rest,less milk to breastfeed and in future u will get side effect like backache.

lastly, rmb don eat any seafood from the caterer.

WEN_9117

everyone can take care and do confinement themselves. it shldnt be a problem if

1) someone can bathe bb
2) u don touch hsechores
3) rest as much as u can while bb is slping.

cos 1) during confinement,try nt to touch too much water.
2) doing hsechores will cos muscle straining
3) nt enough rest,less milk to breastfeed and in future u will get side effect like backache.

lastly, rmb don eat any seafood from the caterer.
Hi Sunflowerlady,
Thanks for ur advise. U did mention no seafood. Is for how many days 28, 30, 49 or 60days? Coz I heard from some old ppl say no seafood for 49days than some say 60days so which is which???

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
WEN_9117 said:
Hi VroomVroomBoys,

Thanks for ur advise. I will try not touch anything is heavy during the 1st to 2nd wk. Hmm than do u know wat r the things can't be eaten during confinment period or wat.
On both occasions, we did not engage any confinement ladies for my wifey ... food-wise, we have a maid to cook the standard stuff: black chicken soup, green papaya soup, pig trotters peanut soup, sesame oil chicken, steamed cod fish (after training from my mum) ... my mum dropped by every morning to bathe the baby, until all of us felt comfortable to do it ourselves.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
WEN_9117 said:
Hmm the most important thing I need to do is bath my bb lor during the confinment period + prepare herbs bath for myself lor. Than the rest of others I will wait until later part. Can be done anot huh? Coz @ most my daddy will help me during the night. My DH will look after my son @ home and for me so tat he will distrub me and also i hear some from the old ppl say dun share foods with ur kids during confinement period coz later the child is v.stubborn thinking type. So dun know true anot just follow lor.:elvis:
Something, I dun quite understand ... you have another son?
If so, how did you get by the last delivery & confinement?

Dun count on your dad to help too much in the night ... especially if he hasn't done his part of such chores, back when you were a baby.
Also, if you are breastfeeding, it's you whom the baby is looking for when he wakes up at night ... so, there's really nothing your dad can help with under such circumstances.

Instead, if your dad is really ready to help ... then let him do the nannying when you are taking your naps in the daytime. This way, you can still be alert enough to do the night shift ... which is essentially just staying alert enough to know when your baby is up crying.
:wink: :wink:

autumn82

Uncle, can still bf even on painkillers... :001_302::001_302: