Anyone encounter toddler felling down from playpen?

shulyn

Dear Mummies,

Im puzzled as i never heard that a toddler can fell off from playpen? Dear son (17mths) fell off from his playpen while sleeping last night and when i hear him crying, i quickly woke up from my sleep and didnt see him in his playpen and found him on the floor....

tinkerball

Dear Mummies,

Im puzzled as i never heard that a toddler can fell off from playpen? Dear son (17mths) fell off from his playpen while sleeping last night and when i hear him crying, i quickly woke up from my sleep and didnt see him in his playpen and found him on the floor....
my son did fell off from playpen twice while playing. luckily i had stacked on pillows and soft playmat below so they cushioned his fall. as for falling off while sleeping my guess is ur son could be waking up in the middle of the night and might have stood up and toppled over. if he's able to climb over the side railing, chances are its easy to fall off. i dismantled the playpen when my boy reached one year plus after seeing him attemping to climb out many times. its getting too dangerous to allow him to sleep in there.

maine78

Yes, my son fell from the playpen when he's 16mths. I got a shocked too. Apparently he had tried to climb out and when he's at the top rim, he lost control and landed on the floor.

shulyn

Thanks Tinkerball & Maine78!

I cant figure out that he could climb up from the playpen as its sleeping time, dont think he got such energy in the middle of night at 3am...

Thanks mummies for sharing and at least now i know that there could be possibility that he climb out...

Pamper

my girl fell from playpen too.. think it happened when she's ard 20 mths.. she was playing inside n tried to climb out n ended up falling head down. we was worried sick n brought her to KK. doc told us that everything is fine jus have to watch out for any unusual reaction from her for the next few days. doc even said that kids fell down like that it's not very serious cos kids head is more "shock-absorbent" than adult. if adult fell like that sure very serious.