Anyone ever went ahead to IVF without doing any IUIs at all??

missixty

as above..

i have been hearing from forums, friends and relatives that IUI don't work for them. Some of them even did 3x of IUIs but still ALL FAILED!!

i tot of going ahead with IVF, cause, i don't want to waste time.

anyone went thru this before? care to share ur experience?

thanks!! :) :)

missixty

as above..

i have been hearing from forums, friends and relatives that IUI dont't work for them. Some of them even did 3x of IUIs but still ALL FAILED!!

i thought of going ahead with IVF, cause, i dont't want to waste time.

anyone went thru this before? care to share your experience?

thanks!! :) :)
anyone??:err::err:

jeinthiangel

:smile: Hi there,

Yes I am one of those who just recently went for my first cycle of IVF without IUI or anyother treatment,

My cycle started on Feb 9th and my egg transfer was just done last wednesday on 24thMarch.

Now eagerly waiting for the 2 week wait.

missixty

:smile: Hi there,

Yes I am one of those who just recently went for my first cycle of IVF without IUI or anyother treatment,

My cycle started on Feb 9th and my egg transfer was just done last wednesday on 24thMarch.

Now eagerly waiting for the 2 week wait.
hey,
GOOD!! wish u all the BEST!! hope to hear GOOD NEWS from u in 2 week's time.

btw, u make this decision yourself or did ur gynae recommend this step instead of IUI for ur case?

Peartree

Hiya,

I think you have to clarify the underlying cause of your infertility to gauge whether or not IUI will work for you - is it male factor, or female factor? Blocked tubes? Low sperm count? If you have either of these, IUI will not work. It's usually used in cases of unexplained unfertility, and with low sperm count, they usually require a minimum of 10million sperm/ml post washing before IUI will be considered.

I've just undergone my first IVF cycle because of my husband's low sperm count. Clearly, IUI would not have worked for me. Conventional IVF wouldn't have worked either with his numbers, so we had to do ICSI.

Best of luck in your TTC journey!

missixty

Hiya,

I think you have to clarify the underlying cause of your infertility to gauge whether or not IUI will work for you - is it male factor, or female factor? Blocked tubes? Low sperm count? If you have either of these, IUI will not work. It's usually used in cases of unexplained unfertility, and with low sperm count, they usually require a minimum of 10million sperm/ml post washing before IUI will be considered.

I've just undergone my first IVF cycle because of my husband's low sperm count. Clearly, IUI would not have worked for me. Conventional IVF wouldn't have worked either with his numbers, so we had to do ICSI.

Best of luck in your trying to concieve journey!
hi,
ICSI stands for?

Peartree

Hiya, it stands for intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Conventional IVF is where they put the sperm in a dish together with the egg and let them do their thing. Where the sperm count is so low or if the motility or morphology of the sperm isn't that great, the chances of fertilisation using conventional IVF methods is low, so ICSI will be used, whereby the sperm is injected into the egg.