Anyone experience that?

Agnes Josephine

My ds now is 8+ months... But now he seems to not to stick to me, as in when I wanted to carry him or take over from someone, he doesn't allow me to do so... I'm the one taking care of him 24/7... And as I'm going back to workforce next Monday, I'm starting to feel lost & afraid that he will NOT stick to me or even allow me to carry him...

What should I do? I'm really afraid that he doesn't want to stick to me or let me carry him when I'm back to work... :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Mrs Xie

Dear, not really sure why your kiddo will react in this way since you're the main care-give 24/7. But maybe u can try to play together, telling stories, sing songs etc to bond up the relationship again. Hope everything will goes well :tlaugh:

Agnes Josephine

Dear, not really sure why your kiddo will react in this way since you're the main care-give 24/7. But maybe u can try to play together, telling stories, sing songs etc to bond up the relationship again. Hope everything will goes well :tlaugh:

thanks... I did do that with him too... or maybe he prefers his daddy more... cuz I ever heard before kids will have a passing phrase as in who they want to stick to... for eg: one period stick to mummy, one period stick to daddy, then the cycle starts again...

But I really feel sad when he does that lor... :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Mrs Xie

Try to be patience, Im sure these difficult times would be over. From newborn till current at 7mth old, my dd still prefers dh and me, wondering if we would go thru the same prob that dd doesn't stick to us any longer and prefers someone else one day.... It's frightening to think about that as I'm quite a posessive mother over my dd. Who Knows? I might need your help and advices instead someday? Since it's a process for children, think we parents have to go thru strongly no matter what.

Cheers!

:Dancing_wub:

Agnes Josephine

Try to be patience, Im sure these difficult times would be over. From newborn till current at 7mth old, my dd still prefers dh and me, wondering if we would go thru the same prob that dd doesn't stick to us any longer and prefers someone else one day.... It's frightening to think about that as I'm quite a posessive mother over my dd. Who Knows? I might need your help and advices instead someday? Since it's a process for children, think we parents have to go thru strongly no matter what.

Cheers!

:Dancing_wub:

stephiey

Ya I also experience this too~
DH is always playing games, maybe only whole day spend 30mins with DS only. But when DH carries DS, DS don't allow me to carry him already.
I wonder why.

Mrs Xie

Ya I also experience this too~
DH is always playing games, maybe only whole day spend 30mins with DS only. But when DH carries DS, DS don't allow me to carry him already.
I wonder why.
Maybe some kiddos prefers those who they seldom get together? They want "fresh" too... LOL... My dd also finds my dh very "fresh" sometimes :001_302:. I think my dd treats me more like someone who just bathe her, feed, her, clean her stool and etc.... treats me like her slave.... :tlaugh:

celine

haiz... my dd oso like tt... perfer to play with other ppl then me...
perfer "fresh"?? :embarrassed:

tiziana

my dd also does tt to me. she likes my aunt a lot. when my aunt carry her she won't want me to carry her alr.

im very hurt by her reacting this way but there is nth i can do.

moreover i take care of her 24 hrs.

naze

My DD was looked after by MIL from 2nd months till 10 months. Now MIL comes once a week, my DD is also sticky to her. Treat me like transparent. Why ???

Pwiincess

I think mummy and baby's bond will always be there. No special reasons. Perhaps it's the umbilicord from the start? SMILES. =)

AJ, hope this cheers u up abit.

Wonderwhy

My ds now is 8+ months... But now he seems to not to stick to me, as in when I wanted to carry him or take over from someone, he doesn't allow me to do so... I'm the one taking care of him 24/7... And as I'm going back to workforce next Monday, I'm starting to feel lost & afraid that he will NOT stick to me or even allow me to carry him...

What should I do? I'm really afraid that he doesn't want to stick to me or let me carry him when I'm back to work... :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

I have experience these when my 2nd gal turn 6mth+, i cant even bath or do anything esle only when she asleep. So i ask my inlaw help to look after two days awk and din hv me for tat two days, so far so good. she din really cry for me when im not around... if not, even when i go out i heard the cry, i cant bear gg out le...

justmint

I also feel sad when my father or hubby whom spend less time with him yet can make him laugh easily when they play with him, but I always need to put alot of effort just to see him smile when I play with him...:embarrassed:

ireneliau

------------------------------------------
It jus a phase only.. don worry.. yr baby is bond to mother 1..
Is a nature to worry that baby not close to you.. me too having this worry cos i'm staying with IL and baby is close to them too.. i'm also feel jealous but jus look at the good side.. If you care for yr baby, they will know jus that then don know how to express..

bbgal

sorry agnes to sidetrack abit. my case is different. these 2 days my gal only wants her daddy to carry her & when i wan to take over, she will refuse. not usual cos' my hb seldom spends time with her due to his work. i hv been tending to my gal tog with my maid all this while. really felt sad when she refused to let me carry her:( anyone experiencing similar case?

sherlin

In my opinion, it could be enjoyment in companionship.
I taught in a playgroup for a while during my school holidays in the past and i experience something like this. And this time round its not a infant, its a 3 yr old girl.

I loved children very much and when i play with them, i play 100%. Lotsa love and making them very very happy before they go home. As a playmate to them, i do not have a chance to tell them things like, no you cant do this or that and i do not have the right to lecture them, getting them to do things i want it to be done and the kids does not like it.

I am like a toy, a friend and playmate to them in school. But i got feedbacks from parents that their kids wanted to stay in class and dont wish to go home even though the parents were trying very hard to please their kids everyday.

One little girl was so obsessed with my class that she ignore her mother when she came to pick her up. She ran to me asking me to go home with her. I asked the parent one day, what are the child's activities at home, then she says that most of the time, playtime with her daughter only lasted 10 - 20mins and it was always the same game, pick out the shaped and coloured block and pass to me, ask her about school, who you loved most, daddy or mummy, look at this..its a flower....etc...

Then i asked her, who does her daughter run to when she is happy, she says its the granny and i asked her what her granny do with her...she says the granny will bring her downstairs to play and buys her sweets and stuffs...

So i gather that the child chooses her companion out of play enjoyment and regardless of how mother and father put in efforts in coaching their children, play is the key, not how much you do for the child's future.
I suggest, Plan the playtime with her omitting the
*please keep your toys in the box*,
*you have to take a bath*,
*you have to go to sleep now*,
*why you throw this on the floor*,
*oh look at this, its a fish, repeat after me* .....etc.
Just plain playtime of 30 mins a day. Make the room messy together, hop and jump as you wish with your child, run around playing hide and seek....make the kids laugh heartedly, simply put, you should play like a child too!! Make them think...mummy / daddy is my playmate and i enjoy playing with them!

In childhood, Play comes first before Education....

As a teacher,
I usually plan new games and change them every alternate days. Make them smile and laugh a lot by chasing them around the classroom.

babypris86

for my case, my son will stick to grand parents ..... also cuz me and DH too strict on him... but i think maybe just try to play and talk with them more.... its quite hurting at 1st... but then we need to put ourselves in their shoes ba... for like why suddenly they wander away from us... is it cuz we too fierce and shout at them b4... or cuz they find we don care them a lot and nv play with them a lot... i think these are the factors we need to consider ba

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
its a phase... I just enjoy the daddy days where I get my hands/lap/boobs back. Don't worry the kids do know who their mummy is... they won't forget.

Sherlin is right too... make some time to just "play" with them. No instructions... just funny songs, funny faces, funny games, funny pretend stuff etc.

Like I amused all three today by "bubbling" the happy birthday song to my girl (she's 4 today). All three laughed, told me I was funny and then tried to copy... just fun stuff.

It isn't always about teaching... sometimes its more about enjoying the moment.