Anyone experienced Fibroids before/during prenancy.

DreaDrea

Hi,

Has anyone has experience with multiple fibriods before or during prenancy? Can share? What if the fibroids are as big as 10cm, is it possible o remove them during delivery?

As for one of my auntie, she actually remove her womb after her 3rd delivery as she was having mulitple fibroids. Anyone know is there any side effect after removing the womb.

pinkytham

hmm i not very sure too but my gynae just removed 2 fibroids frm my womb during my c sect labour....
would also like to noe more on this

Hi,

Has anyone has experience with multiple fibriods before or during prenancy? Can share? What if the fibroids are as big as 10cm, is it possible o remove them during delivery?

As for one of my auntie, she actually remove her womb after her 3rd delivery as she was having mulitple fibroids. Anyone know is there any side effect after removing the womb.

dcs_81

I was having 1.5 cm size fibroid before my pregnancy .. now I am in my 8 mths .. I heard that they grow during your pregnancy .. Dont know how big its going to be during my delivery leh ..
If the doc didnt remove the fibroids during my delivery can I be able to concieve again? Or should I have to remove the fibroid and try conceiving again ..
Any input? :nah:

chillychino

Pumping up this thread.

Is it really necessary to remove the fibroids in our womb even though they do not cause any problems to you? I've got 3 fibroids in my womb and I'm currently pregnant. Gynae says there is no problem and the fibroids will not cause any harm to me and my baby. However I was thinking whether to remove them after delivery or not, as it will cause my tummy to bloat and become big. Anyone had fibroids removed and can share what is the cost and how much we can claim from insurance plans? How many days should we rest before returning to work?

LKH_Sept08

I found out I have a small fibroid in my womb in March09. I consulted a doctor at GE. He told me to remove the fibroid.... A day surgery which cost S$7K and above. They can try to help me to claim the medisave.. but not guarantee and only up to 30-40%(max).

I consulted another doctor, she said is too small so no need to remove the fibroid.

someone told me, with the fibroid will cause difficulty to get pregnant.

Now, i am almost 12 weeks pregnant. i told my gynae about the fibroid and he told me not to worry. my fibroid is so small so no need to remove and it wont harm to me and my baby.

that's all i know. hope it helps.