Anyone feel FULL all the time?

zaclin29

Whenever I eat a normal meal, I will feel full until the next meal time. Hence I dont snacks or take tea breaks.

Recently, since wk12, I have been feeling full for like 6-8hrs after each meal. I haven't been nauseous just full!
So at meal time, I have to force myself to eat. I would order food and only be able to eat half the plate.
So far, I have gained 3kg which shld be normal but I am just afraid that the baby is not receiving enough nutrition.

Any mummies have the same problem and would like to know how do you overcome this.

Heard that you need to take smaller meals throughout the day but I just dont like the feeling of eating cereal bars and breads and biscuits in between meals.

Right now, it is so annoying to force down food down my throat.... :(

Dioscuri

same here.... on certain days i even feel bloated. I still try to eat during normal meal times, coz lunch time in office, can't really be changed. Dinner time eat with family so have to eat ard same time as well. Just eat smaller portions. I think as long as you have balanced diet, baby should still get nutrients. Anyway we're not really supposed to 'eat for 2' too. I remember a dietitican once said the extra calories a pregnant woman needs is about the serving of 1 pohpiah, so we're not supposed to gorge ourselves too.

singratty

yes me too, in my 13 wks now. Feel Bloated at times, cant really differentiate im hungry or full. Whats irritates me is that the burping triggers me to vomit. hope it will subside soon....

mei2009

yes me too, in my 13 wks now. Feel Bloated at times, cant really differentiate im hungry or full. Whats irritates me is that the burping triggers me to vomit. hope it will subside soon....
I had this problem in my first trimester and I found that eating helped reduce the burping and hence the feeling of wanting to vomit. I wasn't hungry at all but forced myself to eat frequently by splitting up my meals - save half to heat up later. Quite gross to force feed but no choice.. Now I'm either full or hungry all the time, nothing in between, also quite sian! Maybe I'm not eating what baby wants :p

phoon

Me 15w6d, bloated all times. No appetite to eat. I drink maternal milk every night to "top up" the nutrition for bb.

NinaNeuron

I'm 14+ weeks and also experiencing slow digestion. Where previously could digest a full meal in 3 hours or less, now I feel full for up to 6 hours.
I have noticed that it's worse if I had wheat-based meal though, so I'm trying to stick to rice or low-carb options.

sinyeo

I had this for 2 pregnancies. . My gynea advise me to break into smaller meals. So I dun feel full and stomach full of air. Hope that this help..

NinaNeuron

I had this for 2 pregnancies. . My gynea advise me to break into smaller meals. So I dont feel full and stomach full of air. Hope that this help..
I'm sure it works! However tough finding time to sit down and eat an extra two times a day. Trying with snacking though. Keeping a bag of rice crackers with me to crunch on. Often want something savoury and the only snacks available are sweet wheaty things!