Anyone gave birth at MT A recently?

veronica

I would like to know what's their visitor rule now? Still 2 person per time? Does it include husband? How about kids, do they allow kids to go in too?

redjn

never experience such. during my time I had many people coming into my ward to see me during the day. Even recently my colleague sis-in-law deliver there never hear her said any thing about such issue. Did you face that prob? normally is ok to have kids & people in the ward as long as they dont create a scene.

mrsmorgan

never experience such. during my time I had many people coming into my ward to see me during the day. Even recently my colleague sis-in-law deliver there never hear her said any thing about such issue. Did you face that prob? normally is ok to have kids & people in the ward as long as they dont create a scene.
i think veronica is concerned abt e visitor rule because of e swine flu outbreak.. only 2 visitors are allowed each time.. i havent been to mt a recently so im not too sure but i believe e same rule still applies since e number of swine flu cases are still increasing..

veronica, i think u should call mt a n ask.. =)

wenz

I would like to know what's their visitor rule now? Still 2 person per time? Does it include husband? How about kids, do they allow kids to go in too?
i just gave birth at Mt A 1week plus ago...
its 2 visitor per visit not including hubby and visiting hour is 11am-2pm and 6pm-8pm..
but there was once my mum came with my uncle, auntie and my eldest son... i think they also close one eye la..
kids can come cos my hubby bring my DD to visit me during my last day...

mrsmorgan

its 2 visitor per visit not including hubby and visiting hour is 11am-2pm and 6pm-8pm..
but there was once my mum came with my uncle, auntie and my eldest son... i think they also close one eye ..
kids can come cos my hubby bring my dear daughter to visit me during my last day...
hey wenz, care to share hw much ur total bill was n ur experience at mt a? really appreciate it.. thks!

veronica

but there was once my mum came with my uncle, auntie and my eldest son... i think they also close one eye ..
kids can come cos my hubby bring my dear daughter to visit me during my last day...
Thanks wenz...

So its still NOT so strict yet...I hope when my time comes (end July), it will be the same :p

How many bedder did you take?

wenz

hey wenz, care to share hw much your total bill was and your experience at mt a? really appreciate it.. thks!
mine was normal w/o epi, 2 bedded, 3D2N
my hospital charge exclude gynae fee is $998...
Dep $700, gynae fee $980, baby charges $$949 as baby got jaundice need special treatment, after deducting medisave will be getting back $700++ cheque...
overall i love Mt A this is my second time giving birth at Mt A...

wenz

Thanks wenz...

So its still NOT so strict yet...I hope when my time comes (end July), it will be the same :p

How many bedder did you take?
ya not so strict la... but still need to be careful...
i took 2 bedded but the bed beside me was empty thru out my stay so i'm paying for 2 bedded but like stay 1 bedded like tat.. haha

pkshl

hi, i juz gave birth at mt a 3wks back. actually their rule is 2person each time but my family & friends also came by to visit me. my hubby is at the hospital with me daily, he will go home at night. kids are ok to go in too, the hospital is not so stict as to restrict kids from entering so not to worry.

veronica

Thanks for all your input.

May I know what do I need to bring for bb? This is my 1st time delivering in MT A as my #1 i was in TMC and basically if i remember correctly, they gave everything include mittens for the bb and receiving blanket.

I was told I need to bring clothing for bb..what to bring?

WEN_9117

hmm I just delivered my BB gal in 1 wk time, hmm now they all close 1 eye lor. So long u r feeling well than ok liao.

wenz

Thanks for all your input.

May I know what do I need to bring for baby? This is my 1st time delivering in MT A as my #1 i was in Thomson Medical Center and basically if i remember correctly, they gave everything include mittens for the baby and receiving blanket.

I was told I need to bring clothing for baby..what to bring?
Mt A dun provide mittens and booties u need to bring ur own... i brought 2 sets... 1 set i let him wear during hospital stay and 1 set upon discharge...
u need to bring a set of clothes for him to change and 1 receiving blanket for him to wrap when discharge as well..
they will give u a bath tub to bring home.. so u dun hav to buy one at home...

kohym

Alpha Male
i am also thinking of Mt A. Next week will be doing a hospital tour of the maternity package!:Dancing_wub:

veronica

Mt A dont provide mittens and booties you need to bring your own... i brought 2 sets... 1 set i let him wear during hospital stay and 1 set upon discharge...
you need to bring a set of clothes for him to change and 1 receiving blanket for him to wrap when discharge as well..
they will give you a bath tub to bring home.. so you dont hav to buy one at home...
Thanks Wenz,

So during hospital stay i dont need to bring clothing for my baby, just need 1 set for discharge?

Actually i went for the hospital tour but quite lousy , they didnt say much, just show you the room, delivery suite and the menu they serve.

Things like what to bring, what they give (they only emphasize on the free bath tub) go where check in etc werent told.

wenz

Thanks Wenz,

So during hospital stay i dont need to bring clothing for my baby, just need 1 set for discharge?

Actually i went for the hospital tour but quite lousy , they didnt say much, just show you the room, delivery suite and the menu they serve.

Things like what to bring, what they give (they only emphasize on the free bath tub) go where check in etc werent told.
ya clothing just 1 set will do... they have clothes for baby during hospital stay.. just tat they dun have mittens and booties during hospital stay tats y i brought my own so baby dun feel cold on the hand and feet... den another set for discharge...
i never been for their tour before.. as this is my 2nd time there so i know what to prepare for baby...

Just delivered my boy in may (also during swine flu period), realised they are not so strict in the visiting rule. Stayed in 2 bedded ward, my neighbour had her whole family (more than 5 people excluding hubby) visiting her... I think so long s there is no complaints, should be fine. My hubby & friends stayed until after 8pm (visiting hours is until 8pm) also no issue...

Generally I think Mount A not bad, will still go there again for my 2nd baby... Nice environment, charges still affordable (alot $ saved by using medisave). But I experienced few of the nurses not very friendly, of cause there are many other friendly & helpful nurses around.

bad Encounter:
1 nurse after I delivered keep asking me to pee... but since never drink anything, nothing came out. And she never explained the purpose of doing so. Then she warned that if I unable to do so, she will put a tube in to remove the urine. I was so stressed then. After I finally managed to do it (after drinking a few glasses of water), then I realised they just want to ensure I can still urine & amt is ok...

Good Encounter:
Another nurse saw that I had difficulty bf my boy, helped & teached me with patience & even tipped me how to latch him on.

Last edited:

mrsmorgan

mine was normal w/o epi, 2 bedded, 3D2N
my hospital charge exclude gynae fee is $998...
Dep $700, gynae fee $980, baby charges $$949 as baby got jaundice need special treatment, after deducting medisave will be getting back $700++ cheque...
overall i love Mt A this is my second time giving birth at Mt A...
thks for sharing wenz! since u placed a deposit of $700 and u said that u'll b gettin $700+ back, do u mean that everything was actually paid by medisave?