Anyone get pregnant with Husband diagnosed Teratozoospermia (Abnormal sperm shape)

Angelaang

Hi,

Anyone get pregnant with the Husband has sperm problem? My husband and I have tried for Baby for 4years and all the way no luck at all. We have tried 3x IUI but has 1x MC & 2x failed so we are thinking of doing ivf. I'm not sure whether we can get pregnant naturally with this kind of abnormal sperm.

Please let me know if there is any successful mummies.

Angela

mattinjersey

Re: Anyone get pregnant with Husband diagnosed Teratozoospermia (Abnormal sperm shape

yeah good question. But it is worth looking at the SCSA test, have you tried it? It turns out that teratazoospermia is one of the problems, but the bigger problem is the DNA frag.

Angelaang

Re: Anyone get pregnant with Husband diagnosed Teratozoospermia (Abnormal sperm shape

Hi Mattinjersey,

I would like to know what is DNA frag and SCSA Test?

yeah good question. But it is worth looking at the SCSA test, have you tried it? It turns out that teratazoospermia is one of the problems, but the bigger problem is the DNA frag.

mattinjersey

Hi Mattinjersey,

I would like to know what is DNA frag and SCSA Test?
Yes. Check this website.
https://www.scsadiagnostics.com/home

So the idea is that the sperm shape is a problem in terms of fertilization.
But actually as long as fertilization occurs then the shape doesn't really matter.
However the problem is that sometimes the DNA is fragmented. Then it is a bad situation, can result in miscarriage.
This SCSA test can test for fragmentation in the DNA.

Hi,

Anyone get pregnant with the Husband has sperm problem? My husband and I have tried for Baby for 4years and all the way no luck at all. We have tried 3x IUI but has 1x MC & 2x failed so we are thinking of doing ivf. I'm not sure whether we can get pregnant naturally with this kind of abnormal sperm.

Angela

Hi Angela, I am one of the mummies who managed to conceive naturally with my hb diagnosed with teratozoospermia. We tried for 2-3 years and even thought of ivf just like yourself. We spent a great of time about 1-2 yrs and of course, spent a lot of $$ to see chinese physician and gynae for solution. I was very lucky to give birth to a healthy boy and he is 21months now. Do stay happy and positive, take multivitamins and chinese tonics for your hb.

Angelaang

Hi Angela, I am one of the mummies who managed to conceive naturally with my husband diagnosed with teratozoospermia. We tried for 2-3 years and even thought of ivf just like yourself. We spent a great of time about 1-2 yrs and of course, spent a lot of $$ to see chinese physician and gynae for solution. I was very lucky to give birth to a healthy boy and he is 21months now. Do stay happy and positive, take multivitamins and chinese tonics for your husband.
YES!!! we are spenting lots of $ & time to see Chinese physician & gynae but still no luck. Now I'm getting my hubby to eat more berries for vitamins and hope it will help. I really hope I can conceive naturally before going to IVF in Aug. So I have another 2 more months of trying. Can share what are the vitamins your hubby taking?

Btw, congrats to you!!!!

anttan

Hi Angela,

My hubby have teratozoospermia and DNA prob and we conceived naturally with the help of TCM... We have a lovely gal who's going to be 13mths...

Dun give up yah!

Hi,

Angela

Angelaang

Thanks for your reply and encouragement. This is a wonderful new for me and really give me hope. I'm still trying very hard to conceive naturally and hope i can get pregnant before Sept as I'm going for IVF in Sept. I really hope i do not need to go thru the IVF matter. Praying very hard.....

Hi Angela,

My hubby have teratozoospermia and DNA prob and we conceived naturally with the help of traditional chinese medicine... We have a lovely gal who's going to be 13mths...

dont give up yah!

Hi Angela, my husband is tetrazoospermic as well but we opted for ivf after a failed IUI because age is catching up. Now we are expecting our baby boy in Nov :)

The gynae told us that as long as there is a few healthy sperms, there is chances of fertilizing the eggs via ivf and getting us pregnant so if u really go into the ivf route, don't think your husband's condition will be a key factor

Angelaang

Hi Katherine,

Congrats!!! I would like to find out more on the IVF as I'm really quite scared about the process. I'm going for my IVF next month. Can share with me?

Thanks

Angela

Hi Angela, my husband is tetrazoospermic as well but we opted for ivf after a failed IUI because age is catching up. Now we are expecting our baby boy in Nov :)

The gynae told us that as long as there is a few healthy sperms, there is chances of fertilizing the eggs via ivf and getting us pregnant so if you really go into the ivf route, dont't think your husband's condition will be a key factor

gingertea

HI all,

I received my hubby's sperm report yesterday. I would like to find out more about hyperzoozspermia. Do advise me if anyone have some ideas. Thanks In advance.

simplewoman

Hi Angela, I am one of the mummies who managed to conceive naturally with my hb diagnosed with teratozoospermia. We tried for 2-3 years and even thought of ivf just like yourself. We spent a great of time about 1-2 yrs and of course, spent a lot of $$ to see chinese physician and gynae for solution. I was very lucky to give birth to a healthy boy and he is 21months now. Do stay happy and positive, take multivitamins and chinese tonics for your hb.
Hi bubbleblue,

Would you be able to share whereabout did you go and seek chinese physician? my husband is also diagnosed with the above severe condition and we are in our mid to late 40s...sad.

simplewoman

The gynae told us that as long as there is a few healthy sperms, there is chances of fertilizing the eggs via ivf and getting us pregnant so if u really go into the ivf route, don't think your husband's condition will be a key factor

Hi Katherine57,

Care to share whereabout u went for your IVF, we are exploring all options but $$ is also a key concern as we are a "SINK"(Single income no kids) family and my husband is only drawing a meagre salary below the national average income....sigh

Hi Angela and simple woman,

Sorry for late reply, was not checking this thread very regularly.

We did our IVF in KKH, started in Feb after my Jan menses, did the Lucrin injection for 28 days, Puregon for stimulation for about 10 days or so, then follicle retrieval, embryo transfer, all within one month. Started 2nd feb and ET was 2nd march.

I'm lucky that my IVF process was pretty painless, no side effects or too much bloatedness. I have gf who suffered through overstimulation and that's not fun. So it really depends on your body, being scared is natural and normal, after all, it's an unknown process who wouldn't be scared???? But I think it's the hope that we will be successful that actually brings us through the process. Positive thinking helps a lot also because emotions may run higher because of the hormones.

Cost-wise, we had the 3k govt grant, that's one of the reason why I chose to do in KK. Medisave deduction about 3k+ and cash outlay was about 700-800. This is for one cycle and normal duration. If need to inject the hormones for longer period (due to poor response) then may need to pay more out of pocket or medisave. Truthfully I think pregnancy cost more! Hahhaa

simplewoman

Hi Angela and simple woman,

Sorry for late reply, was not checking this thread very regularly.

We did our IVF in Kandang Kerbau Hospital, started in Feb after my Jan menses, did the Lucrin injection for 28 days, Puregon for stimulation for about 10 days or so, then follicle retrieval, embryo transfer, all within one month. Started 2nd feb and ET was 2nd march.

I'm lucky that my IVF process was pretty painless, no side effects or too much bloatedness. I have gf who suffered through overstimulation and that's not fun. So it really depends on your body, being scared is natural and normal, after all, it's an unknown process who wouldn't be scared???? But I think it's the hope that we will be successful that actually brings us through the process. Positive thinking helps a lot also because emotions may run higher because of the hormones.

Cost-wise, we had the 3k govt grant, that's one of the reason why I chose to do in KK. Medisave deduction about 3k+ and cash outlay was about 700-800. This is for one cycle and normal duration. If need to inject the hormones for longer period (due to poor response) then may need to pay more out of pocket or medisave. Truthfully I think pregnancy cost more! Hahhaa

HI katherin57,

Thanks for sharing.

Is it convenient for you to share who was the doctor in charge of your whole IVF process? How long did you see the gynae doctor before you went for IVF?

YOu are lucky can get the govt grant..we are deprived of it and every single expense is out of our own pocket. My husband is already feeling very stressed with all the expenses that we spent todate on consultation, ultrasound, blood test , hormones test, injections, meds, SA etc. Not to say he still has to take leave every now and then and we havent even started on the IVF yet, just consultation .. sigh.

Why do you not have govt grant? Are you local?

We were with Dr SF Loh previously but he switched to TMC before our IVF starts so Dr Sadhana did our IVF for us but basically only the follicle retrieval and embryo transfer are done by her. Most of the time, u only see the ivf nurses and another doctor for consultation during the injections. We were with KK for more than a year because we were consulting Dr Loh and tried IUI also. If u want to do ivf, don't drag too long because success rate changes with age, that's the sad part

simplewoman

Why do you not have govt grant? Are you local?

We were with Dr SF Loh previously but he switched to Thomson Medical Center before our IVF starts so Dr Sadhana did our IVF for us but basically only the follicle retrieval and embryo transfer are done by her. Most of the time, you only see the ivf nurses and another doctor for consultation during the injections. We were with KK for more than a year because we were consulting Dr Loh and tried IUI also. If you want to do ivf, dont't drag too long because success rate changes with age, that's the sad part

Yes, both my spouse and me are pure singaporeans, born and bred in Singapore but we are above 40 years, so that makes us unable to claim from govt....sad indeed.

simplewoman

Is that true? I didn't know about that. U have asked Kk about this??
yes its true . i have read and also confirm with NUH, KKh, etc.

HealthPolicyMonitor | Surveys| University of Singapore - Singapore| 12| State subsidy for Assisted Reproduction Technology

Further u can only claim if your ivf is done in public / govt restructured hospital.

So you are very lucky like i say. I din know about this either until I wanted to try ivf and happen to find out online...

Your hubby only have teratozoospermia but his sperm count is normal?

Sperm count also not very high, that's why Dr advised us to go for ivf since we are married for so long and still no success in conceiving